Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-13-2019, 10:04 AM  
Life is changing..

Jury Duty

I've been selected for Jury Duty! Hooray!

Is there any way to know if I'll actually have to report besides calling the hotline number the night before?

I ask because I have quite the busy week at work next week, and it would be very beneficial to know if I'm going to need to report or not. (Those nuggets at McDonald's aren't going to fry themselves!!)

My online research has failed me.

Any help appreciated.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
Life is changing..

I've also seen that I can apply for a postponement. I may go that route.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
What's up braj?

The best way to get out of jury duty is to call in and tell them you’ve had the Ubeja Vontells all night long.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:06 AM   #4
He's Mahomie!

I always just tell them I have an issue w/how the law is written. They will excuse you.

Seems I always got selected when I was self employed and every hour counted. As an employee, it's a paid day off...
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:07 AM   #5
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Pretty sure it depends on your system. Up here we are notified by the pony express.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #6
MVP

Hopefully it’s Monday and you can take your jury buddy fat Andy with you. Tell them he is your service walrus.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #7
Kind of a mod

They don't actually make the selections until the day before (cases can be settled up until the last minute), so no, there's no way to know if you have to report except by calling the number.

You can ask for postponement, but just be very careful if you go that route. It's possible that, by playing that card now, they'll refuse to let you out of it next time no matter what. You don't want to miss something really important in the future because you felt a little busy right now.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #8
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High D View Post
Hopefully it’s Monday and you can take your jury buddy fat Andy with you. Tell them he is your service walrus.
It is Monday, actually.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:14 AM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
It is Monday, actually.
Team might be in luck.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #10
MONTANA #19

I'm in the middle of a jury duty cycle right now (in my county you are on call for 4 weeks). I have avoided it 2 of the 4 weeks so far. I've heard that if you want to get out of it that you're supposed to tell the judge that you're physically attracted to one of the people involved...lol.
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:16 AM   #11
Supporter

I am curious. I own my own business, and if I am selected for Jury Duty that went to trial it will literally cost me thousands of dollars in lost business.

If I said,"Since you are costing me thousands, I am going to vote the opposite of the other jurors no matter what.", what would happen to me?
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:17 AM   #12
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
They don't actually make the selections until the day before (cases can be settled up until the last minute), so no, there's no way to know if you have to report except by calling the number.

You can ask for postponement, but just be very careful if you go that route. It's possible that, by playing that card now, they'll refuse to let you out of it next time no matter what. You don't want to miss something really important in the future because you felt a little busy right now.
We have an audit starting Monday of next week. (The day I'm scheduled to report). I suppose I could roll the dice and hope I'm not selected - but I feel like the postponement might be a safer bet.

I looked on Missouri Case Net and saw at least 2 trials scheduled for Monday. Not sure if that actually has any meaning or not.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:17 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I am curious. I own my own business, and if I am selected for Jury Duty that went to trial it will literally cost me thousands of dollars in lost business.

If I said,"Since you are costing me thousands, I am going to vote the opposite of the other jurors no matter what.", what would happen to me?
Jury Foreman material
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:18 AM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High D View Post
Jury Forman material
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:18 AM   #15
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Pro tip: If you are questioned by the legal teams, always answer truthfully. And try to slip in there somehow that you always vote no to all the judges in an election.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.