Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-03-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Merkin Vineyards is ok.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:09 PM   #3
Supporter

I saw a video the other night of 'drum critic reacts to danny carey pnuema'

first thing the dude says is something like 'this is a new band I have never heard'

WHAT THE ****IN **** ???? DRUM CRITIC HAS NEVER HEARD OF THE GREATEST DRUMMER IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC????

your ****in fired, dumb ass drum critic.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:53 PM   #4
Banned

He's not the greatest drummer in the history of music. Tool fans are the worst.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:02 AM   #5
Damn it feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Really subjective topic of course, and he's probably not, but he's in the conversation for sure.
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:39 PM   #6
Exasperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
Really subjective topic of course, and he's probably not, but he's in the conversation for sure.
In the grand history of all-time great drummers, he doesn't crack the top 5,000 (unless you're a reerun). And I should know, I'm Buddy ****ing Rich.
Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:44 AM   #7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
This is a pretty stupid comment. While your overall thesis might be true, it has nothing to do with fans thinking DC is the best. Every fandom, not just music fandoms, think their guy is the best. Hardly uncommon. It’s no different than Metallica fans who think Lars is a decent drummer or RHCP fans who think that Flea is anything other than annoying. Most of it is self aware hyperbole, and that’s okay.

There really is no denying that DC is one of the best technical hard rock/metal drummers out there and unquestionably the godfather of incorporating complex polyrhythmic technique in popular hard rock/metal, but man that is a mouthful compared to just saying the best.

FTR, it’s the “you just don’t get it” crowd that makes Tool fans the worst.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:19 AM   #8
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
This is a pretty stupid comment. While your overall thesis might be true, it has nothing to do with fans thinking DC is the best. Every fandom, not just music fandoms, think their guy is the best. Hardly uncommon. It’s no different than Metallica fans who think Lars is a decent drummer or RHCP fans who think that Flea is anything other than annoying. Most of it is self aware hyperbole, and that’s okay.

There really is no denying that DC is one of the best technical hard rock/metal drummers out there and unquestionably the godfather of incorporating complex polyrhythmic technique in popular hard rock/metal, but man that is a mouthful compared to just saying the best.

FTR, it’s the “you just don’t get it” crowd that makes Tool fans the worst.
Flea is an amazing bassist and i ****ing hate RHCP
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:58 AM   #9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Flea is an amazing bassist and i ****ing hate RHCP
Amazing is very strong. He’s a very good popular rock bassist, and he certainly helps define RHCP’s sound. If we move out of the popular rock genre and compare him against people that are actually schooled in music rather than failed guitarists, he’s really nothing special. All that being said, he could be the greatest bassist ever and he’d still be incredibly annoying.

My hate for the RHCP burns brighter than 10,000 suns.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-04-2021, 11:22 AM   #10
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
Amazing is very strong. He’s a very good popular rock bassist, and he certainly helps define RHCP’s sound. If we move out of the popular rock genre and compare him against people that are actually schooled in music rather than failed guitarists, he’s really nothing special. All that being said, he could be the greatest bassist ever and he’d still be incredibly annoying.

My hate for the RHCP burns brighter than 10,000 suns.
I hate RHCP too.

But the slap/pop style is just far too awesome, and he's really ****ing good at it. He's not my favorite, but from a technique standpoint it's far more difficult to get right than just fingering it, or playing with a pick.

I fiddle around with my bass (i have 3) when i get bored. I'm far from a musician by any means, im just a bored guy with a couple of electric basses and some practice amps. I sit in front of YouTube watching Bass Covers w/tabs as i play along to my favorite songs.

And while playing Tool's 46 & 2 sounds great to my ears, it's nowhere near as complicated as trying to (and failing horribly) at replicating some of those Flea tabs.

And while i like Fieldy's sound better, the amount of notes and technique required to replicate a Korn bass cover just isn't as complicated as a Flea RHCP cover.

If i had to pick one bassist i wish i could emulate, it'd be Ryan Martinie.

I know Les Claypool is the default answer for Slap/Pop bass, and im certainly in awe when i watch/listen to him, im just not big into Primus or his sound.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:27 AM   #11
'Tis my eye!

I can't stand Tool and it's really not them or their music.

I had a friend that went through a "tool" phase where that's literally all he listened to for months. I got so sick of it that I can't listen to them even now, 20 years later.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 12:23 PM   #12
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post

I had a friend that went through a "tool" phase where that's literally all he listened to for months. I got so sick of it that I can't listen to them even now, 20 years later.
It's the Crazy Train principle - amazing riff, amazing song, all time classic.......and makes my skin crawl every time I hear it due to it being played. to. ****ing. death.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:48 PM   #13
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post

I worked with a guy that loved Chevelle but hated Tool. I didn't get that at all. Very similar with Tool being more long form experimental (in a way like the Floyd.) I really like theme albums, long experimental shit, and the whole art associated with the music.

I think of Tool as "precision anger." Or surgical anger. It's not raw guitar and vocals - it's focused and prolonged. Great for cutting the lawn or lifting weights.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:09 AM   #14
Damn it feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I worked with a guy that loved Chevelle but hated Tool. I didn't get that at all. Very similar with Tool being more long form experimental (in a way like the Floyd.) I really like theme albums, long experimental shit, and the whole art associated with the music.

I think of Tool as "precision anger." Or surgical anger. It's not raw guitar and vocals - it's focused and prolonged. Great for cutting the lawn or lifting weights.
I might be preaching to the proverbial choir here, but there are a few bands I love who do the theme album justice - The Books and Native Construct. They kick ass.
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:11 PM   #15
"Think BOOM!"

NSFW:

Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.