Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6889
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6454
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6824
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6724
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:47 PM   #1141
In Search of a Life

Yeah where's our brisket you dick
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #1142
Mod Team

Dudes. Turned out amazing. Cut like butter. A bit more bark than I expected too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DA91D3E2-E176-4862-9FAD-D769A4043FC7.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	116545  
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #1143
Supporter

Good work, Youngblood.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #1144
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Dudes. Turned out amazing. Cut like butter. A bit more bark than I expected too.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:01 PM   #1145
Mostly Ignored

I'm glad Lew was smoking a brisket and asked all these questions. I've never been able to nail a brisket, but there was good info and reading in here. I think I've got the confidence to try again.

Hope Lew's came out alright.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:56 PM   #1146
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Is this even possible.

Meat sat out and hour. Been on smoker at 240 degrees for 2 hours. Meat temp reading 150 already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
We told you not to panic when this happens lol
these damn kids don’t listen to their elders. Just have to make the same mistake we all made.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:31 PM   #1147
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
these damn kids don’t listen to their elders. Just have to make the same mistake we all made.
Heh yep. At least the end result looked good.

I think I'm gonna try my arch nemesis again, beef ribs. Had some issues with them in the past and I just think I wasn't prepping them right, or cooking them long enough.

Just gotta decide when to do it.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:04 PM   #1148
EvOlVeD

Quote:
docked you for not having toast, especially since it cut like butter, but otherwise
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #1149
Indian Twitter

it's kind of weird but with this newer smoker my ribs struggle but the brisket is just perfect. My burnt ends disappeared and the brisket was soon to follow. Ribs? I have a slab left. If it was good there would be nothing left. I can do better.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:20 AM   #1150
MVP

Lew, those are some thick assed slices, but good job otherwise. Brisket is really way easier than folks make it out to be. You just have to have all day to cook it.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:43 AM   #1151
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
Lew, those are some thick assed slices, but good job otherwise. Brisket is really way easier than folks make it out to be. You just have to have all day to cook it.
Ugh I know. My wife started with mutilating this until I could stop her.

Stupid woman.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:46 AM   #1152
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
I'm glad Lew was smoking a brisket and asked all these questions. I've never been able to nail a brisket, but there was good info and reading in here. I think I've got the confidence to try again.

Hope Lew's came out alright.
It was so tender. I was amazed.

Limited smoke ring though. I know it’s not the end all but it’s likely just because the Masterbuilt smoker I use is just a small bin of wood chips, not a great producer of smoke. Definitely different taste than my charcoal smoker but that thing is a lot of work. Oh well, it’s easy to use and the food coming out of it tastes good.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:26 AM   #1153
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
It was so tender. I was amazed.

Limited smoke ring though. I know it’s not the end all but it’s likely just because the Masterbuilt smoker I use is just a small bin of wood chips, not a great producer of smoke. Definitely different taste than my charcoal smoker but that thing is a lot of work. Oh well, it’s easy to use and the food coming out of it tastes good.
Don't get caught up too much in smoke rings, it's the tenderness and the flavor that count. I've had meat with beautiful smoke rings that I sent to the cobbler to turn into shoes, so while it's nice to hit the trifecta, taste and tenderness are 95% of the grade.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:07 PM   #1154
I like Pie!

Brisket and ribs after I split the brisket.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:40 PM   #1155
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Don't get caught up too much in smoke rings, it's the tenderness and the flavor that count. I've had meat with beautiful smoke rings that I sent to the cobbler to turn into shoes, so while it's nice to hit the trifecta, taste and tenderness are 95% of the grade.
Hey here I am agreeing with GD. But yes, a nice smoke ring is cool but if it has great flavor than I'm not going to give a shit about the ring if it ain't a comp cook.