Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2024, 08:35 PM   #2
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Thanks for the advice but I have a wife who likes to go out to eat and loves steak. The times I do grill steaks at home I make a trip to Paradise Lockers and pick my own. Either way I'm happy she is happy. Also 20 years on the road traveling the pipelines being away for weeks without returning home she deserves getting out and about.
Fair enough, in that case, 801 Chop or Stock Hill if you want fancy. Antons is good, but is all over the place on service. Le Fou Frog is supposed to serve a great steak, but I haven't tried it.
SurroundedByMorons has disabled reputation
Old 04-10-2024, 08:52 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurroundedByMorons View Post
Fair enough, in that case, 801 Chop or Stock Hill if you want fancy. Antons is good, but is all over the place on service. Le Fou Frog is supposed to serve a great steak, but I haven't tried it.
I wanted to like Anton’s so much but I’ve had two of the shittiest steaks of my life at that place and I don’t think I’ll be going again. It’s weird bc I heard GREAT things about it years ago when it first opened but have heard similar reviews to my experience more of late.

I’ve eaten at 801 no less than a dozen times and never had a bad meal. It’s a chain, blah blah but consistency matters. I also love Majestic. Basement is cool, cigar room upstairs even cooler and they have a killer prime rib.

And on the BBQ front, I’m like a broken record on this site but you’re doing yourself a disservice if you don’t visit Harp in Raytown. It stands alone, IMO.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-11-2024, 08:50 AM   #4
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
I wanted to like Anton’s so much but I’ve had two of the shittiest steaks of my life at that place and I don’t think I’ll be going again. It’s weird bc I heard GREAT things about it years ago when it first opened but have heard similar reviews to my experience more of late.

I’ve eaten at 801 no less than a dozen times and never had a bad meal. It’s a chain, blah blah but consistency matters. I also love Majestic. Basement is cool, cigar room upstairs even cooler and they have a killer prime rib.

And on the BBQ front, I’m like a broken record on this site but you’re doing yourself a disservice if you don’t visit Harp in Raytown. It stands alone, IMO.
Antons is odd like that. I have had a bad steak and a great steak there, but consensus from everyone is that I must have gotten unlucky. Interesting that you had a similar experience. I do like "the vibe" and beer selection.

I don't think 801 is a chain. They have a Des Moines location, but don't think they are anywhere beyond?
SurroundedByMorons has disabled reputation
Old 04-10-2024, 08:58 PM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
The times I do grill steaks at home I make a trip to Paradise Lockers and pick my own. Either way I'm happy she is happy.
We had Paradise butcher our cow when we bought one from a farmer last year. They did an excellent job! I’ve never actually gone up there and bought meat from them though. I’ll have to check it out.

If you haven’t before, you should pop in Captain’s Corner for lunch next time you’re in Paradise.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli