Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2019, 03:04 PM  
Cynical Misanthrope

Drinking at Lunch

Anybody grab a drink or three at lunch on a weekday? If so, how does it affect you the rest of the afternoon? What do you drink? Why?

For me, I have my own office. If I don't have a court hearing or have to visit a client in jail, I am likely to grab a drink on Friday afternoon with some friends. Late lunch/early happy hour, say, 1:30-2:00 ish.

Usually it means that the rest of the afternoon is shot (no pun intended), which is why I don't do it every day. There are a few good bars within a couple blocks of my office. Best is Sullivan's Steakhouse.* And Friday afternoon, grabbing a good steak, some wine and a glass of bourbon is a good way to pass the time.

Today, a buddy's dad was in town and we grabbed lunch a little early and included a couple of glasses of wine and it got me wondering who else likes to imbibe at noon. So, what's your poison on a weekday afternoon?

* I know there's one in Leawood. It's a decent steakhouse but I remember the Plaza III as being much better. I remember going to Jess & Jim's before it burned down. Golden Ox was also good. It was closed but last time I was in KC it had re-opened but I don't know if it is still open. So Sullivan's may not be the best steakhouse in KC but my state is known more for seafood than steak so I take what I can get.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:23 AM   #46
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
**** no.

Only when the work is done is it time to kick back. People turn into lazy pieces of shit if they drink and work on company time.

I make that very clear with my employees. When they do a good job I’ll even buy them each a 30 on Friday. It motivates them more than sex.
You should not have sex with your employees at work either.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:53 AM   #47
In Search of a Life

The last day of session may or may not involve some booze in the workplace, but that has certainly been tamped down a bit over years. You won't get into the elevator and immediately smell booze on everyone anymore and the drinking is a lot more in the privacy of the office rather than in the public hallways. But you still see the empty packs of beer in the trash (that I don't think can be 'donated' by lobbyists anymore).

Once or twice on a Friday after a hellish week, staff may go out to lunch and grab a single beer with it. Fridays are dead for the most part, so it doesn't really negatively impact work.

Way back in the day (2003ish) when I worked with union bricklayers, they claimed a 1 lunch beer was in their union contract... or use to be.
Loneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #49
Constable of Untruths

I take my Operations Manager to lunch every Wednesday. We usually have a couple of Old Fashions each and go back to work. Doesn’t really change my work in the afternoon.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:06 AM   #50
"Think ZOOM!"

I own a bike shop, so I am my own boss... never drink at lunch, not that I am opposed to it, we're just usually too busy for that. I do keep beer stocked in the fridge for customers who come in(nothing better than a beer after a hard ride!)

As a side note, I am currently in the breakfast place that is next to the shop drinking a bloody mary... so, lunch no, breakfast yes!
headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:13 AM   #51
MVP

My work office has a kegerator and it's an actual office, not a work from home thing. Usually for Fridays only though.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:35 AM   #52
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
You ****ers need to grow up, and do cocaine during your lunch like an adult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post

I love this place!
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:54 AM   #53
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
It motivates them more than sex.
You're doing it wrong...
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #54
pew pew madafakas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
I worked in an advertising agency, so it was pretty normal to have beer or drinks around.

One time, we were there at 3am still working, we had a client presentation of a bunch of ad campaigns the next day. We were waiting for proofreading to go through the 80-page presentation, when they were done, we'd make the proofreading changes. We passed the time by playing Rock Band (the PS3 game) in my office, drinking Kettle one out of the bottle with our shirts off.
Run over a coworkers foot with a riding lawnmower and you have yourself a Mad Men episode.
Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:47 AM   #55
Veteran

I find that if I'm passed out face down in my office, that's when I am most productive
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #56
SuperChiefs

Back in the day when I worked in new construction, I'd head to the closest convenience store, grab a qt, head to the closest shady spot and eat my lunch, chug the beer and smoke a joint before heading back to work.

I stopped doing that after I quit that job and don't drive drunk or high anymore. Now that I'm retired, I may have a couple around lunchtime at home, depending on what I'm doing.

I'm actually shocked I was never popped with a DUI or for weed.
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:27 PM   #57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
What type of uniform?

Prison Guard? SOMETIMES

Janitor? YES

Nazi? YES

State Trooper? NO

French Maid? ALWAYS

Pilot? NEVER

Doctor or Nurse? BETTER NOT BE

Car Mechanic? NO

UPS or Fed Ex driver? I DON'T CARE
Unless you're in Louisiana.

https://youtu.be/9765TUiJKls
kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:45 PM   #58
You Sweetie!

I don't drink
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:56 PM   #59
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
The last day of session may or may not involve some booze in the workplace, but that has certainly been tamped down a bit over years. You won't get into the elevator and immediately smell booze on everyone anymore and the drinking is a lot more in the privacy of the office rather than in the public hallways. But you still see the empty packs of beer in the trash (that I don't think can be 'donated' by lobbyists anymore).

Once or twice on a Friday after a hellish week, staff may go out to lunch and grab a single beer with it. Fridays are dead for the most part, so it doesn't really negatively impact work.

Way back in the day (2003ish) when I worked with union bricklayers, they claimed a 1 lunch beer was in their union contract... or use to be.
Before you knew it Saturday morning appears with you in a pool of blood and your ass hurting.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #60
Bring it on Ahab!

I'll have the occasional drink with lunch. Not if I'm doing anything physical, but a little social lubrication before a sales call tends to be helpful.

Nothing heavy, but I can't get fired for it. I'm self employed. XD
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.