Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:35 PM   #181
MVP

signing vets coming off of injuries over 30 to fill a hole is fine...

If they're cheap.

Julio ain't cheap.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:37 PM   #182
MVP

His contract is bloated and he can't stay on the field. We went through this with Sammy.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-27-2021, 12:13 AM   #183
Veteran

Would rather spend a later pick to trade for Anthony Miller.
ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:55 AM   #184
Starter

He was an All Pro in 2019. It isn't like he has been injured much in his career.

I think he would be a great signing. Would be very exciting to watch.

He is the sort of player who can take us over the top in the play offs. He probably would have caught a couple of the passes that Mahomes threw in the Superbowl.
Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:08 AM   #185
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dull Tools View Post
He was an All Pro in 2019. It isn't like he has been injured much in his career.

He is the sort of player who can take us over the top in the play offs. He probably would have caught a couple of the passes that Mahomes threw in the Superbowl.
He missed 10 games this year, is expensive and 32 years old. We're already up against the cap and will have to pay a LT. We dont need another player to "take us over the top" nor do we need someone to make us exciting to watch. We're already there.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:10 AM   #186
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
He missed 10 games this year, is expensive and 32 years old. We're already up against the cap and will have to pay a LT. We dont need another player to "take us over the top" nor do we need someone to make us exciting to watch. We're already there.
What if Kelce and/or Tyreek get injured like the tackles did last year?
Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dull Tools < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:46 AM   #187
MVP

No, I don't want Jones.

**** no, I don't want Fitz.

**** all these over 32 WRs that were once great but are falling off.

I agree with Dane on Calloway. The kid has the potential to be really ****ing good if his head is on straight now.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:34 AM   #188
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
Atlanta isn't eager to get rid of Jones. As of now they can't even sign their draft class. They are in cap hell.

Maybe you missed the very subtle message of my previous post. Several of the all time greats had some of their most productive careers well into their 30s. Their is zero evidence to indicate Jones doesn't have two or three high level years left.

The AFC last year outside of Kansas City was dogshit. We had to go through the Browns and Bills to make the Super Bowl for crying out loud. Thank God Veach doesn't think like you.

If Julio Jones still has 2-3 high level years left Hill/Jones/Kelce would be the best trio of pass catchers to ever exist. Why the hell not try to rattle off two or three Super Bowls in a row?
None of those guys you listed had Julio Jones' injury history.

There absolutely IS evidence that he doesn't have two or three high level years left.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:35 AM   #189
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
No clue. Dont care. Go study their injury history if you want. Im sure they all dealt with their fair share of injuries. Proof is in the pudding. Julio Jones has already had a HOF career and he's only 32 years old.
You don't care that he's missed time in HALF of his professional seasons due to hamstring injuries and missed time in 4 other seasons due to chronic issues with his foot and toe?

Sorry but that's just crazy talk.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:41 AM   #190
'Tis my eye!

Quote:

Wait...what?

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/pl...lio-jones/4692

He's been injured most of his career, he's just played through it much of the time. He has chronic foot/toe and hamstring issues.

Like I said yesterday, that website is pretty good at projecting risk. Julio Jones is the 8th-most likely WR to get injured next year after guys like Watkins, Fuller, and and John ****ing Ross.

People are letting the numbers blind them and not looking at the stuff behind the curtain, or in Julio Jones' case, the stuff inside the little blue tent.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:42 AM   #191
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
What if Kelce and/or Tyreek get injured like the tackles did last year?
The usual way to hedge against injuries is to have backups that can actually suit up and play.

I mean, the real question is "what if Kelce or Tyreek gets injured and your #2 WR Julio Jones is out with a hamstring pull?"
Old 04-27-2021, 05:45 AM   #192
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Again stop with the "downside of career" bullcrap! You have zero idea if that is true or not.
Oh hey Mrs. Jones. Do you know Philip Gaines' mother here on Chiefs Planet? You two would really get along well I feel like.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:49 AM   #193
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Like I said yesterday, that website is pretty good at projecting risk. Julio Jones is the 8th-most likely WR to get injured next year after guys like Watkins
....you had me at “after guys like Watkins.”

Sign me up.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:54 AM   #194
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Oh hey Mrs. Jones. Do you know Philip Gaines' mother here on Chiefs Planet? You two would really get along well I feel like.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:55 AM   #195
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
....you had me at “after guys like Watkins.”

Sign me up.
Odell Beckham is actually 8 spots LOWER.