Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:34 PM   #151
MVP

I can't believe people are even giving a second of consideration about paying big money to Julio Jones who is 32 and just put up a whopping 700 yards and 3 touchdowns
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:35 PM   #152
MVP

I'll hold out for Larry Fitz on the cheap instead.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-26-2021, 07:58 PM   #153
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
I'll hold out for Larry Fitz on the cheap instead.
Why pay Larry when you can get Dez Bryant for pennies on the dollar. I hear he's in the best shape of his life.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:25 PM   #154
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
I can't believe people are even giving a second of consideration about paying big money to Julio Jones who is 32 and just put up a whopping 700 yards and 3 touchdowns
At age 30 Randy Moss put up 1500 yards on 98 receptions and 23 touchdowns. TWENTY THREE! The year prior he had 550 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Julio Jones is that type of talent. You are asking why fans are considering that type of talent to put next to Tyreek Hill and Travis freaking Kelce?

Jerry Rice had two of his best years at age 32 and 33.

Terrell Owens had two of his best years at age 33 and 34.

Cris Carter was still tearing it up at 32, 33 and 34.

The list goes on and on.

Last edited by ForeverIowan; 04-26-2021 at 08:35 PM..
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:41 PM   #155
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Okay. I get it. Contract and his missed games last season are absolutely legitimate reasons to say “nah, I’m good.” But talking about him like he’s Gehrig Dieter is a little much.

Like, there’s a middle ground between not wanting to trade for him and thinking he is Jeffrey Epstein.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:47 PM   #156
MVP

Yeah, no.

Veach can open up the bank account for Orlando Brown Jr. Not brokedick Julio. The hidden stat is that he may have started a good number of games, but often didn’t finish a lot of them because he pulled up lame or was sore and took himself out. Hard pass.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:54 PM   #157
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
Julio Jones's entire career has been wasted by Atlanta
Certainly not defending the shitty Falcons but where’s the line on a career being wasted? He did play in a SB with them and had put up amazing numbers (when healthy of course).

Just curious as to people’s definition of a wasted career. Do you have to win a ring for your career not to be a waste? Perspectives interest me. Kinda like Nickhead’s thread where he proclaims Kirk Cousins a bust. I don’t think Cousins is great but bust seems a bit strong. Guess it all depends on individual perspective
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:08 PM   #158
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Certainly not defending the shitty Falcons but where’s the line on a career being wasted? He did play in a SB with them and had put up amazing numbers (when healthy of course).

Just curious as to people’s definition of a wasted career. Do you have to win a ring for your career not to be a waste? Perspectives interest me. Kinda like Nickhead’s thread where he proclaims Kirk Cousins a bust. I don’t think Cousins is great but bust seems a bit strong. Guess it all depends on individual perspective
If the Falcons "wasted" Julio Jones' career, then the Chiefs wasted Derrick Thomas, Will Shields, Tony Gonzalez and so many other great players careers.

And if you want to truly talk about "wasting" a career, look no further than Detroit, who couldn't win a playoff game with Barry Sanders or MegaTron.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:12 PM   #159
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
At age 30 Randy Moss put up 1500 yards on 98 receptions and 23 touchdowns. TWENTY THREE! The year prior he had 550 yards and 3 touchdowns.
If Jones is as amazing as you say at this point in his career, n00b, why is Atlanta so eager to get his $40 million guaranteed off the books?

The Chiefs don't need Jones and I can't see any possibility of them giving up more draft picks and taking on $40 million guaranteed for a 32 year old WR who's on the downside of his career.

They had the best team in the NFL last year before losing Fisher in the AFC Championship game with a broke dick Sammy Watkins, an ineffective Demarcus Robinson and a rookie running back that was unable to score at the goal line.

There is absolutely no reason for them to make such an illogical move.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:14 PM   #160
'Tis my eye!

Quote:

Julio Jones is that type of talent. You are asking why fans are considering that type of talent to put next to Tyreek Hill and Travis freaking Kelce?

Jerry Rice had two of his best years at age 32 and 33.

Terrell Owens had two of his best years at age 33 and 34.

Cris Carter was still tearing it up at 32, 33 and 34.

The list goes on and on.
How many hamstring injuries did Randy Moss have? How about Jerry Rice or Terrell Owens? How many foot and toe surgeries did they have?

Because Jones has injured his hamstring in at least 6 different seasons and has missed games in separate seasons due to toe and or foot issues 4 times.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:14 PM   #161
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
If the Falcons "wasted" Julio Jones' career, then the Chiefs wasted Derrick Thomas, Will Shields, Tony Gonzalez and so many other great players careers.

And if you want to truly talk about "wasting" a career, look no further than Detroit, who couldn't win a playoff game with Barry Sanders or MegaTron.
I tend to agree. I think the Falcons and Jones have mostly done right for each other and they were a Kyle Shannahaning away from a title. If the bar is win a SB or bust, most players careers are a waste. The fact that the Lions couldn’t win a single playoff game over the careers of those two is baffling.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:17 PM   #162
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Id prefer to shove it up Antoine Winfields and old ass Tom Bradys ass in embarassing fashion next year if we see them in the SB. Maybe Julio is rejuvenated playing in this offense and not having to be THE GUY for his team and taking a pounding. Its a gamble I would take ten times out of ten.
He's not tired.

He's INJURED.

You do know that right?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:19 PM   #163
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
GB, SF, and dare I say it... BAL would be scary destinations. Did we just give BAL what they needed to get a deal for julio done?
So lemme get this straight...

We get a pro bowl LT that is 24-years old and has already started 42 games and they get a guy who missed on average 2 games a year and missed half of last season with a recurring hamstring injury that's plagued him his entire professional career.

Just what was Veach thinking?
Old 04-26-2021, 09:20 PM   #164
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
I tend to agree. I think the Falcons and Jones have mostly done right for each other and they were a Kyle Shannahaning away from a title. If the bar is win a SB or bust, most players careers are a waste. The fact that the Lions couldn’t win a single playoff game over the careers of those two is baffling.
For the record, I was being facetious.

The Falcons, for all of their faults, provided Jones with a very good QB, good receivers opposite him and Tony Gonzalez for a few years.

No player is guaranteed a ring. Jones has had a great career but there's no doubt that he's on the downside at age 32, which is completely and totally normal.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:20 PM   #165
MVP

Chiefs need to be a bit more scrupulous with their picks...trading a 2nd rounder for a 32 year old WR probably isnt the best strategy.

I've heard AB might be on KC's radar...and he wouldn't cost draft capital. Watkins didnt cost them picks...

If he were released...go for it.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.