Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:40 PM   #2761
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
not in stock. i could order online but really wanting to pay cash
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:47 PM   #2762
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaney37 View Post
Have you checked buds gun shop? Integrity Pawn in Topeka is an approved FFL for them. Ordered an AR doing this and had it in my hands in 10 days.
what do they charge for the transfer fee?
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:20 PM   #2763
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post

Most FFLs generally charge around $25....some a little more, some less.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:23 PM   #2764
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I've only used my local gun shop as an FFL once and it was a mistake. My normal guy was out of town, so I went with the shop instead. They charged more than triple what he did; $70 instead of $20. It's almost like they penalized me for buying online instead of from them, and I couldn't buy from them because they didn't have what I wanted (the PPQ) in stock. That really pissed me off. Won't ever use them again.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:28 PM   #2765
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I've only used my local gun shop as an FFL once and it was a mistake. My normal guy was out of town, so I went with the shop instead. They charged more than triple what he did; $70 instead of $20. It's almost like they penalized me for buying online instead of from them, and I couldn't buy from them because they didn't have what I wanted (the PPQ) in stock. That really pissed me off. Won't ever use them again.

Damn...that's a shame.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:30 PM   #2766
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
Charged me $25. Frazod makes a good point. I'd call and make sure before you order it. I did my transfer before all this covid-19 stuff.
Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:43 PM   #2767
Starter

FYI...if you go through Buds Gun Shop and want the cash discount, you can pay with a personal check or an E-check. It takes about 5 days for your funds to clear before they will ship.
Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:47 PM   #2768
Veteran

thanks i’ll look into it
Old 05-17-2020, 09:41 PM   #2769
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Damn...that's a shame.
It's a relatively new shop and it's a half mile from my house. They have a good selection and a nice range. I've purchased two other guns from them for decent prices.

I guess I see their point from a business standpoint - they want you to buy their guns, not Palmetto's. But still....
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #2770
Veteran

cabela’s in wichita has them instock for $549, but not really wanting to drive 4 hours round trip. probably just stick with my m&p 2.0 for now.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:05 PM   #2771
Veteran

scheels in OP had 1 left for $649...got them to price match cabela’s for $549. man this thing fits like a glove!

question for ppq owners...should i switch out the plastic guide rod for a steel one?

Last edited by ljmhawk; 05-18-2020 at 01:22 PM..
Old 05-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #2772
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Anyone have any experience with lights for your handgun? I want to put one on my home defense pistol, HK45. What do you look for in a light?

Guy in ccw class told me he likes his Streamlight TLR 2 HLG. Looks good but I have nothing to compare it to.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:48 PM   #2773
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Anyone have any experience with lights for your handgun? I want to put one on my home defense pistol, HK45. What do you look for in a light?

Guy in ccw class told me he likes his Streamlight TLR 2 HLG. Looks good but I have nothing to compare it to.
I have a Veridian combo light/green laser on my nightstand Glock. The nice thing about it is it has a strobe setting.

Old 05-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #2774
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I have a Veridian combo light/green laser on my nightstand Glock. The nice thing about it is it has a strobe setting.

I've seen the strobe setting on some. What's that get you? A more disoriented intruder?

*Edit* Went to look at this light, says it right in the description- "Use the 140 Lumen strobe mode to disorient attackers.".

This light is 100 lumens. I've read varying opinions on how many lumens is enough and how too bright a light can bounce off your walls and end up impairing your vision along with the intruder. thoughts?
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:55 PM   #2775
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
I've seen the strobe setting on some. What's that get you? A more disoriented intruder?
You get to drop molly and disco with the home invaders while holding them at gun point.

Sounds gimmicky.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote