Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-02-2021, 06:25 PM  
**** the Raiders

Marvel burn out is real

Three episodes of Hawkeye out and no one so much as talking about it in the MCU general discussion, let alone given it it’s own thread.

Personally, I’m enjoying it. Hailee Steinfield’s spunky and can’t leave well enough alone character plays perfectly off of Hawkeye’s more no nonsense personality. So far this has been more in line with what I expected from Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I realize Hawkeye isn’t a big fan favorite; maybe it’s just Renner’s portrayal of him but, I enjoy the character and, at least to this point enjoying the series.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:37 AM   #46
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
The MCU ****ing sucks and I hate how every new shitty movie takes up all the screens at every theater!!!! There's rarely anything out that's worth watching!!!!!!
Superhero event films have nearly devoured ever other genre on the big screen.

Comedy, romantic comedy, action cop drama or comedy, etc. most of the pure drama films just go to streaming now. Or if the do hit the big screen they flop. I think most people still like all these types of films, they just don’t want to pay for them on the big screen.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:22 AM   #47
You Sweetie!

it's okay. The Star Wars shows do better and are better IMO.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:23 AM   #48
You Sweetie!

But no, I don't dislike Hawkeye, it's definitely decent.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:46 AM   #49
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

I'm at the asshole stage of my movie burnout cause I'm just rooting for superhero movies and remakes to fail. I'm tired of the same ****ing movies every year. How much longer until we get an Iron Man remake?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:15 PM   #50
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
I'm at the asshole stage of my movie burnout cause I'm just rooting for superhero movies and remakes to fail. I'm tired of the same ****ing movies every year. How much longer until we get an Iron Man remake?
I mean, they have like the next 4 years planned out, so...at least 4 years.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #51
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Yeah I need spiderman to be the biggest flop ever
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:44 PM   #52
**** the Raiders

Quote:
I'll get to Hawkeye eventually, though I did forego watching What If. It's just too much stuff to stay on top of.

The good news is that it's pretty easy to catch up with a short-term binge now and then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I don't know if it's burn out or the market is just too oversaturated. As a non-marvel fan boy who still enjoys the films and such, i have a real hard time giving a shit about these "b" class characters like Hawkeye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
Didn’t even know it was out yet. Not even sure if I’ll get around too watching it. Loki was good, but it’s feels like there’s been an overload of all the new characters and streaming services since Endgame.
A few representations of a common theme -

The over saturation is real as well. I just recently watched “What If…” as opposed to watching it when it dropped/as it was dropping, whatever the case was. And if I’m being honest my putting it off instead of watching it immediately was partially burn out, partially over saturation and partially FaWS blowback (still watched Loki and enjoyed but, the bad taste in my mouth lingers). That was a retelling of the stories already seen with a twist. Enjoyable idea but, not something I was in a hurry to see. It was good though and glad I did get to it.

But yeah, I get it, there are numerous reasons not to be discussing the new series. But, until they go the FaWS route (take from that what you will, it’s probably correct due to numerous issues), Hawkeye is worth my mentioning up to this point.

Disney will likely muck it up and make me regret this thread but, I’m good with how it has played out so far.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:11 PM   #53
pie is never free

Where is the next great movie coming from?

You can hardly go to the theater and see anything decent these days, anything remotely interesting is almost always on one of ten different ****ing streaming services

So if you wanna watch any of them, now you're juggling ten different subscription provider bills every month... isn't technology great!

GET OFF MY LAWN
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:19 PM   #54
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Where is the next great movie coming from?

You can hardly go to the theater and see anything decent these days, anything remotely interesting is almost always on one of ten different ****ing streaming services

So if you wanna watch any of them, now you're juggling ten different subscription provider bills every month... isn't technology great!

GET OFF MY LAWN
Settle your ass down, Skip Towne
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:28 PM   #55
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Settle your ass down, Skip Towne
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:34 PM   #56
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
A few representations of a common theme -

The over saturation is real as well. I just recently watched “What If…” as opposed to watching it when it dropped/as it was dropping, whatever the case was. And if I’m being honest my putting it off instead of watching it immediately was partially burn out, partially over saturation and partially FaWS blowback (still watched Loki and enjoyed but, the bad taste in my mouth lingers). That was a retelling of the stories already seen with a twist. Enjoyable idea but, not something I was in a hurry to see. It was good though and glad I did get to it.

But yeah, I get it, there are numerous reasons not to be discussing the new series. But, until they go the FaWS route (take from that what you will, it’s probably correct due to numerous issues), Hawkeye is worth my mentioning up to this point.

Disney will likely muck it up and make me regret this thread but, I’m good with how it has played out so far.

Except for Hawkeye, I’ve still seen all the MCU movies and the streaming series that they’ve put out as soon as they were released. I have yet to see the new Venom, but I don’t know if that’s really considered MCU yet. I am looking forward to seeing the new Spider-Man as much as I was for the Infinity Wars movies. Eventually I’ll watch Hawkeye, but maybe it will be a better experience to take a break from it first.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:58 PM   #57
MVP

Quote:
And they've got Ironheart coming next. I doubt we see an Iron Man remake for the foreseeable future. They're trying to shift to a younger audience. Sorry Rausch, these superheroes aren't for you.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:45 PM   #58
Veteran

I know these movies aren't for me; I was disappointed with Endgame and the lame time travel plot. I like Tom Holland as Spiderman however I don't much care for his whiny persona and the Iron Man wannabe suits.

Black Widow was rather meh; as meh as it can be with an attractive leading woman. Everything is just too safe and predictable.

In fact, in a world of super humans, Hawkeye and Black Widow are non players. I find Hawkeye about he least interesting character in the group.

I suppose I'm just old and don't know what's good any more. Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel, DC. It's all just too predictable and formulaic. A bit like Bond has become.

Show
Me
Something
New
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:36 AM   #59
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
I really enjoyed Shang Chi.
Same... enjoying Hawkeye now too. Next 3 episodes will be bonkers I think
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:09 AM   #60
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
Three episodes of Hawkeye out and no one so much as talking about it in the MCU general discussion, let alone given it it’s own thread.

Personally, I’m enjoying it. Hailee Steinfield’s spunky and can’t leave well enough alone character plays perfectly off of Hawkeye’s more no nonsense personality. So far this has been more in line with what I expected from Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I realize Hawkeye isn’t a big fan favorite; maybe it’s just Renner’s portrayal of him but, I enjoy the character and, at least to this point enjoying the series.
I honestly haven't given a **** about any MCU project since the underwhelming Endgame movie.
Haven't even bothered to get Disney + to give any of the MCU movies a re watch and don't care at all about those MCU shows (Falcon and the Winter Soldier looks so boring and silly. And Loki has always annoyed the hell out of me since the 1st Thor movie and am baffled as to why so many people love that character. But Feige and Marvel seem to be doing a good job of milking that character for all he is worth)

Regarding Renner as Hawkeye, imo Renner is way too good of an actor to be wasting his time with that silly Disney + series (I'm sure it pays him very well though) He was fantastic in The Hurt Locker, The Town and Wind River and is at his best at playing dark gritty characters.

I loved both the Netflix series like Daredevil and Punisher. Those were both so badass to watch and re watch. But they aren't part of the MCU and are far too gritty/violent to be featured in those watered down safe MCU movies.

Honestly, the only comic book / super hero movie I'm eagerly anticipating is The Batman (which is a DC movie). Matt Reeves did such a great job with his Planet of the Apes sequels that I'm very confident he'll knock it out of the park with his direction. Also the cast is loaded and the trailer was great too. Bring that shit on.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.