Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-16-2022, 03:40 PM   #2
It's just a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If he struggles in coverage, but is a physical player, there's a place for that on a squad but it's not what it once was. It's not ideal, and you hope that's not the case.

But Jonathan Abram has shown that there's just not much of a need or place for that type anymore in the league.
not ideal in a typical 2 deep backfield or single high... but spags isn't typical. guy uses 3 safeties with a pretty high frequency and each has their own unique role.

i think he'll be fine.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 03:46 PM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
not ideal in a typical 2 deep backfield or single high... but spags isn't typical. guy uses 3 safeties with a pretty high frequency and each has their own unique role.

i think he'll be fine.
Of our two 2nd round safeties of late I preferred the Thornhill pick because he just has such good coverage instincts and looked like a tailor-made single-high option. And honestly, the track Thornhill was on as a rookie alongside a player like Cook would be a very nice complementary duo.

But I see people talking about Cook as being a Sorensen replacement in year 1 and a Thornhill replacement in year 2 - I just don't see Cook (or Reid) as being ideal options as a single high. And if you are playing with 2 guys who you're really locked into 2-high looks with, it limits your flexibility a significant amount.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2022, 02:16 PM   #4
MVP

Why would anyone think he will struggle in coverage considering he didn't allow one touchdown last year

If this guy tested at the combine we would have never gotten him
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-16-2022, 02:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Why would anyone think he will struggle in coverage considering he didn't allow one touchdown last year

If this guy tested at the combine we would have never gotten him
You're right dude.

Brett Veach drafted 5 1st rounders, brah.

Chenal is a HoF talent, Sky Moore is the best WR in the draft, Cook would've worked his way into the 1st, McDuffie should've been in the top 10. Do I need to look in the Kinnard thread to see if you compared that guy to Orlando Pace yet?

Blah blah blah blah blah.

Suck more dick, would ya please?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:07 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
You're right dude.

Brett Veach drafted 5 1st rounders, brah.

Chenal is a HoF talent, Sky Moore is the best WR in the draft, Cook would've worked his way into the 1st, McDuffie should've been in the top 10. Do I need to look in the Kinnard thread to see if you compared that guy to Orlando Pace yet?

Blah blah blah blah blah.

Suck more dick, would ya please?

Do you think anyone enjoys pump the brakes posts ever?
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 03:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Do you think anyone enjoys pump the brakes posts ever?
I think CP was formed as a direct response to mindless homers on the Star board.
Old 06-16-2022, 02:24 PM   #8
Starter

I believe Spags is going to try to implement a few players that have traits of a DB's and LB's in order to combat the aerial challenges we will face in the AFC. Cooks is a perfect example of a player that has good skill sets in packages as a DB or LB. As much as Mahomes struggled against some of these high coverage schemes, why not present a version of that to some of these other guys and see how they do.
Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chief3188 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:14 PM   #9
MVP

That's indeed where I started. This looks like our best draft class maybe ever I will continue to be optimistic.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:16 PM   #10

Quote:
That's indeed where I started. This looks like our best draft class maybe ever I will continue to be optimistic.
It shows.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:24 PM   #11
MVP

Yep not apologizing for it. I like the Chiefs. Go Chiefs.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:37 PM   #12
Needs more middle fingers

Meh, i like the pick. I got good feelings about him.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:42 PM   #13
Veteran

I think he's decent. I didn't like the pick because I thought there were better and more valuable players available, like Travis Jones. But I think he'll be fine to good and that's...OK.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-16-2022, 04:43 PM   #14
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

What if Cook is Sorensen bad but hits Tom Brady hard enough to literally kill him? Would you consider it a good pick?
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2022, 05:22 PM   #15
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
What if Cook is Sorensen bad but hits Tom Brady hard enough to literally kill him? Would you consider it a good pick?
Ring of Honor!
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote