Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:09 AM   #12211
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
this could get interesting
Because allowing that is a great idea because we all know when that cat is out of the bag it isn't going back in...wanna live with that?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:10 AM   #12212
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I'm using mine to learn a new skill to make myself more viable to employers

lol j/k i'm buying a gun.
You can buy a gun and I'll buy Animal Crossing, one of us will be more entertained.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #12213
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
The math does not add up, yet again. This is basically saying 78,000 more people need to die in the next 2 months but we will be below 10 per day by June.
This is how epidemiological models work

You can only run models based on the parameters you set
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:14 AM   #12214
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Everything You Need to Know About the Payments From the Government

This is a decent breakdown of the check(s)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/perso...BGY?li=BBnb7Kz
Are the payments taxable income?
No. They won’t be considered as income.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:15 AM   #12215
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
china sold some shit tests

Spain, Europe's worst-hit country after Italy, says coronavirus tests it bought from China are failing to detect positive cases

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/c...20-3?r=US&IR=T
When I was 15, my dad and stepmother went out of town. As I only had a learners permit to drive at the time, my step-mom's mother would come over and would be the adult in the car so I could drive. The moment I started the car the first time we were going out to drive, she immediately got nervous and started screeching orders (BE CAREFUL, OMG!, SLOW DOWN, MAKE A FULL STOP...etc.). It was very easy to tell that she had an unhealthy fear of driving in the car, and me being a punk kid at the time made the situation worse).

At this time, I lived in farm country, so literally no traffic until you jumped on a small highway to go into town. The speed limit at the time was 60, but this lady was so paranoid, we didn't get above 45 mph...of course she really freaked out by the time we got to our small town and there was actual traffic....

In reflection, that may have been the most dangerous car ride I ever took....going 45 on a highway, getting barked at every turn, etc. was very nerve racking for me, and certainly took away my attention to what was going on around me (kind of like screaming "FIRE" in a crowded room)

My point in all of this: You seem like a good person, and I assume that you are not trolling (you may very well be)....but for me, whenever I see you post, all I hear is my step-mom's mom screeching panic and death in a situation that really calls for calm, clear heads to prevail.

This pandemic is certainly bad, but it's not the end of us all. We all are impacted, but to allow this to be in your head, and only looking at the negative aspects as some sort of doom / gloom situation is foolish. I don't put stock in anyone saving me, or that I'm any more or less susceptible to this thing as anyone else. But I'll be damned if I'm going to stress out of every bit of negative news that comes across, and you shouldn't either. Most of us realize the scope and depth of this thing, and are doing all we can to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and others around us. To constantly screech doom, gloom, and death really makes people not listen to your message. Just my $0.02
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 27 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #12216
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
That surprises me!
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:18 AM   #12217
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Yeah that was one of the most relevant points I took away from the article as well. There have been a lot of rumblings that it would be taxed.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:20 AM   #12218
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post
When I was 15, my dad and stepmother went out of town. As I only had a learners permit to drive at the time, my step-mom's mother would come over and would be the adult in the car so I could drive. The moment I started the car the first time we were going out to drive, she immediately got nervous and started screeching orders (BE CAREFUL, OMG!, SLOW DOWN, MAKE A FULL STOP...etc.). It was very easy to tell that she had an unhealthy fear of driving in the car, and me being a punk kid at the time made the situation worse).

At this time, I lived in farm country, so literally no traffic until you jumped on a small highway to go into town. The speed limit at the time was 60, but this lady was so paranoid, we didn't get above 45 mph...of course she really freaked out by the time we got to our small town and there was actual traffic....

In reflection, that may have been the most dangerous car ride I ever took....going 45 on a highway, getting barked at every turn, etc. was very nerve racking for me, and certainly took away my attention to what was going on around me (kind of like screaming "FIRE" in a crowded room)

My point in all of this: You seem like a good person, and I assume that you are not trolling (you may very well be)....but for me, whenever I see you post, all I hear is my step-mom's mom screeching panic and death in a situation that really calls for calm, clear heads to prevail.

This pandemic is certainly bad, but it's not the end of us all. We all are impacted, but to allow this to be in your head, and only looking at the negative aspects as some sort of doom / gloom situation is foolish. I don't put stock in anyone saving me, or that I'm any more or less susceptible to this thing as anyone else. But I'll be damned if I'm going to stress out of every bit of negative news that comes across, and you shouldn't either. Most of us realize the scope and depth of this thing, and are doing all we can to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and others around us. To constantly screech doom, gloom, and death really makes people not listen to your message. Just my $0.02
Excellent post
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:28 AM   #12219
In Search of a Life

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...03.19.997890v1

Thought hamas might find this interesting
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:28 AM   #12220
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
This is how epidemiological models work

You can only run models based on the parameters you set
Wouldn't that make the curve look more like a wall and then a cliff?
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:32 AM   #12221
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...03.19.997890v1

Thought hamas might find this interesting
I think it's interesting. It was a study in mice though, and I am guessing it would be a long time before it is available for humans. Interested in what Hamas says too
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:32 AM   #12222
Hockey Town

The singer from Rammstein has this.........it is truly du hast.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #12223
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post

What a rational, well thought out and relevant post. I should thread ban you.

Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #12224
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Lol. This.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:36 AM   #12225

Quote:

I love that it got a thumbs down. His stepmother's mom must have found the post.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote