Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2021, 08:07 PM  
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Netflix - Crime Scenes Dissapearance at the Cecil Hotel

A case study in the culture of Internet Sleuths and how people just don't have all the information needed to know the truth...and how conspiracy theories can go right down the rat hole:

EDIT: It's the Vanishing not the Dissaperance
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:12 PM   #2
sorta mod-ish

Yeah, it's pretty nuts.

If you "liked" that, you should check out Don't **** With Cats. It's like Crime Scene to the fifth power.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:39 PM   #3
oxymoron

The last hour of the series was just... boring.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:01 PM   #4
Baba Ganoush

The hotel manager is sketchy af.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:08 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Yeah, it's pretty nuts.

If you "liked" that, you should check out Don't **** With Cats. It's like Crime Scene to the fifth power.
How about the reverse? If I loved DFWC, which I did, will I dig this one?
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:56 AM   #6
Veteran

They turned a 10 minute clickbait youtube video into a four part series with hours of pointless content. The whole thing could have been boiled down into one hour. I was underwhelmed.
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:07 AM   #7
Cheat Death

First couple episodes were good then it fizzled into conspiracy nutters getting too much exposure.

I came away thinking less about the girl who died tragically and more about how truly ****ed the internet is making people. Imagine being that emotionally impacted by someone you've never met, then using their death to generate clicks on your conspiracy laden youtube channel.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:12 AM   #8
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
First couple episodes were good then it fizzled into conspiracy nutters getting too much exposure.

I came away thinking less about the girl who died tragically and more about how truly ****ed the internet is making people. Imagine being that emotionally impacted by someone you've never met, then using their death to generate clicks on your conspiracy laden youtube channel.
Agreed. Which is why I called it a case study in Internet Sleuths. I also agree that this could have been probably 2 episodes instead of 4, and the last episode was complete filler and unnecessary.

But, I still enjoyed it on the whole. It's a fascinating story about the place itself, it's history and some of it's nefarious tenants. I've never heard of the place, but I guess it's quite infamous.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:13 AM   #9
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Yeah, it's pretty nuts.

First thing I thought of once the internet sleuth angle was introduced. Don't **** with cats was way better though, IMO.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:14 AM   #10
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
The hotel manager is sketchy af.
Yeah, the whole time I'm like...so you're a victim here...mkay...
Old 02-22-2021, 07:15 AM   #11
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Eh, it's not a bad watch. Good waste of an afternoon\evening if you've not nothing better to do. It was longer than needed, but it kept my attention.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:04 AM   #12
Most Valuable Villain

If you’re looking for a good documentary that just came out.....go watch the one one The Night Stalker.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #13
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
To a point. KCUnited summed it up perfectly - starts out great, then dissolves into a story of people obsessed with the story.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:56 AM   #14
Resident Glue Sniffer

I watched it; it was pretty entertaining.

Spoiler!
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:26 AM   #15
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
If you’re looking for a good documentary that just came out.....go watch the one one The Night Stalker.
Saw that one a few weeks ago. Yeah, that was good. Ironic tie in with this show actually.