Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2019, 11:35 AM  
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Suddenlink modem competitive gaming

I suck at gaming, my friend is getting lag. What is a good modem WI if that cuts down lag.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
Starter

It's doubtful that your modem hardware is the cause for the poor gaming.

It's possible you may be experiencing a limited NAT type which could impact your gaming experience.

If you're connecting to your internet through a wifi connection you should change it to a wired connection if possible

If you haven't already, I'd put your console in a DMZ. This will open up all ports to your console and remove the majority of impediments you could be experiencing with your connection.

Dropping a couple hundred bucks on a high performing modem is unlikely to drastically improve your gaming.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:46 AM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
I suck at gaming, my friend is getting lag. What is a good modem WI if that cuts down lag.
There's a bit more to troubleshooting latency than just buying a new modem. Problem could be inside his house if he is on wifi, or congestion on the shared network for his area/neighborhood. What troubleshooting has he done so far?
Aspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-26-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspengc8 View Post
There's a bit more to troubleshooting latency than just buying a new modem. Problem could be inside his house if he is on wifi, or congestion on the shared network for his area/neighborhood. What troubleshooting has he done so far?
That's a good point.

If there are multiple devices connected and you don't have a decent internet package you will struggle.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
'Tis my eye!

Does he have a wifi router sitting behind the modem?

There's a TON of stuff that needs to be checked to help with latency on cable.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #6
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Actually, I'd think that the modem would be the very last thing that you'd check. There are so many other larger opportunities for failure.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:16 AM   #7
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Actually, I'd think that the modem would be the very last thing that you'd check. There are so many other larger opportunities for failure.
It's almost always the router. Whether it's NAT settings or the need for QoS.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.