Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2019, 09:48 AM  
Paladin

Google's Stadia...Thoughts?

So I'm going to leave this here. Don't really know how I feel about this. Maybe a push to be the first option in the next 10 years? Idk.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...a_from_google/
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #16
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Or digital downloads that get disabled because companies changed hands and don't want to honor your purchase anymore?

I've never had an issue with physical media. If it gets worn out, I buy a new one at GameStop and it comes with a guarantee. I can always just take it back, which you can't do with a digital download.
You...go to stores? How quaint.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:00 PM   #17
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
As opposed to hard media that get's scratched and worn out?
No, I do digital now. But at least with digital it is on your console regardless of connection. Most single player games can be played. Streaming absolutely nothing can be played without a connection.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:03 PM   #18
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Or digital downloads that get disabled because companies changed hands and don't want to honor your purchase anymore?

I've never had an issue with physical media. If it gets worn out, I buy a new one at GameStop and it comes with a guarantee. I can always just take it back, which you can't do with a digital download.
I used to worry about that as well but digital is much more mainstream now. I'm really not concerned about being burned with it at this point. I do still get hard copies but anything that is multiplayer in PS4 I get digital so the game can be played on two consoles at the same time. Two copies for the price of one rocks.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:04 PM   #19
Shaken. Not stirred.

Keep in mind that even hard copies can be shut down if the dev wants it. Unless you never connect to the internet
Old 03-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #20
'Tis my eye!

It's not that I worry about it, it's that I've actually had it happen to me.

I buy games and music on discs, period. I don't like digital downloads at all, that's just my preference.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:59 PM   #21
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
It's not that I worry about it, it's that I've actually had it happen to me.

I buy games and music on discs, period. I don't like digital downloads at all, that's just my preference.
Hear you. I'm opposite, have spent $$$ on hard copy that got scratched and ruined. House rule now is it's soft copy. Haven't been to Game Stop in years.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:01 PM   #22
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Hear you. I'm opposite, have spent $$$ on hard copy that got scratched and ruined. House rule now is it's soft copy. Haven't been to Game Stop in years.
GameStop is such a joke. $5 of for a used copy? Sorry I'll spend the extra $5 so the devs get the money and not that crap organization.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:20 PM   #23
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
GameStop is such a joke. $5 of for a used copy? Sorry I'll spend the extra $5 so the devs get the money and not that crap organization.
Yeah though back in the day they were relevant for us. Steam (Valve) rules the show. PS subscription is cheap. Xbox sub too.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:24 PM   #24
Forever Royal

Can someone explain what this is?
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #25
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Can someone explain what this is?
Video games where the main processing happens in the cloud. You buy a controller and some sort of device (Roku, Chromecast, etc.),but that's it.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:13 PM   #26
Cheaterlover*

No way the U.S. Internet infrastructure can support this. Not to mention, even if everybody had a wire in their house that sent information at lightspeed, your ISP would throttle you anyways and make you pay through the nose: they already do that for your video streaming so what makes Google or anyone think they're going to let people eat up bandwidth to play video games? So you'll end up paying more for your Internet than if you simply bought the hardcopy.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:56 PM   #27
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
No way the U.S. Internet infrastructure can support this. Not to mention, even if everybody had a wire in their house that sent information at lightspeed, your ISP would throttle you anyways and make you pay through the nose: they already do that for your video streaming so what makes Google or anyone think they're going to let people eat up bandwidth to play video games? So you'll end up paying more for your Internet than if you simply bought the hardcopy.
This is one of my big fears with every one starting to cut the TV cord. ISP companies are going to start inflating rates to where all the bills you just cut just move under another umbrella.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:12 AM   #28
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
I've literally never had a game get scratched. I take care of my games. My kids don't play games, so I've never had to worry about them.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:13 AM   #29
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
There are games you can't buy new anymore. Besides Gamestop does a ton to support the industry, including being a partner in GameInformer, which is like a marketing arm for several developers.

Certainly not a joke.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:16 AM   #30
'Tis my eye!

By the way, I decided to play a bunch of remasters on PS4 that I never fully finished on PS3. I bought them used at GameStop and then paid for DLC. So the devs still got my money.