Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-17-2017, 07:05 PM  
Supporter

SCUBA

How many here are certified? I do my pool class on Saturday and open water soon.

Always wanted to and finally doing it at 42.

Wish I had gotten my certification before going to Cayman this past spring.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #46
I don’t care for Auburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Welp, just paid for this year's Coz trip dives for the younger son and myself.

A major plus with us staying on the southern end of the island this time means most of the 2-tank dives are close enough to the dive sites to allow coming in between dives, and that's OK with me...

We bought 22x2 2-tank dives for the week, so that means we pretty-much have to plan our poops for when we're not diving..

Below is the dive operation's schedule for that week (prolly every week!), but because we get there Saturday and fly out the next Saturday we can only make, MAYBE, the 2:45 dive on the first Saturday. Other than that, the younger son and I are pretty-much doing the rest of the dives. The main exception will be Wednesday when we take the Coz <-> Playa del Carmen ferry and meet-up with Pro Dive's Playa del Carmen operation to spend Wednesday diving Cenotes. Oh, and we took a later Saturday flight to give us (just about) 24 hours dry.

I AM SOOOOOOO ****ING PUMPED...
Damn, dude. Sounds awesome. My wife hates diving, but she's preggo with my first child, a boy, and by God he will be my dive buddy starting in about 10 years.
RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #47
In Search of a Life

I got my Advanced Open Water in Utila, Honduras during my big trip. I loved every minute of it - especially the night dive. I did some more diving on the Corn Islands in Nicaragua. Highly recommend both.

I'm not really into sitting on a beach all day - so diving perfect for me on vacation.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:09 PM   #48
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
Mixed gas or common air breather, Shipmate? You obviously are serious about it now. I was a PADI “hobby-lobber” before Going to Panama City Dive school a long time ago. Sharks and Daisies was not a drill I was taught by PADI.

As a former Marine, I was not involved with the bilge yuck of ports and below water line ship work but always felt for Shipmates diving pierside or at port anchorage that did that work. I wouldn’t ever let a SF Army trained Marine Diver be Dive Sup. The Navy trained guys had the repetitive dive tables beat into them.
Was a submarine ship's diver, so 21% 98% of the time, 36% 2% of the time. And yeah, diving the boat in places like Naples, Groton, Norfolk, and even Charleston, were pretty terrible. But diving the rest of the waters in the Med., the waters near Oslo, fjords, and (very) far north, was worth every shit-hole and every shit dive I ever had to do... And squeezing into the ballast tanks was ALWAYS A JOY!!!

Speaking of tables and beating them into people.... My younger son just spent a couple of hours last night working tables (SSI and PADI), just to brush-up on the skill. I won't lie, it's fun, but it's important too. He, like me, has become to comfortable with the dive computers! And with most days being 4-dive days, being limited to 32%, and one 5-dive day, I want him to understand/be reminded of how much graduated dives and SIs matter. If you don't pay attention, the Suunto will have its way with you and you'll be a bobber and telling jokes with the topside watch. That being said, even with Suunto's crazy-careful algorithm, it gives you LOTS of time you wouldn't get if you use a pencil..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:12 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll View Post
Damn, dude. Sounds awesome. My wife hates diving, but she's preggo with my first child, a boy, and by God he will be my dive buddy starting in about 10 years.
I have a non-diver wife too. I'm OK with it, it gives me my "me" time and she can waste all the time she wants getting sandy (YUCK!!), reading books, "enjoying" the resort's gym, and the spa (she's not Bob Kraft!), we'll dive and meet her for dinner!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:13 PM   #50
I don’t care for Auburn

Quote:
. . . . I want him to understand/be reminded of how much graduated dives and SIs matter. If you don't pay attention, the Suunto will have its way with you and you'll be a bobber and telling jokes with the topside watch. That being said, even with Suunto's crazy-careful algorithm, it gives you LOTS of time you wouldn't get if you use a pencil..
Too real. I love my Suunto D6, especially its compact size, but that thing'll buzz at me even if I'm doing everything right and ascending like I'm Morgan Freeman in Driving Miss Daisy.
RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:13 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I got my Advanced Open Water in Utila, Honduras during my big trip. I loved every minute of it - especially the night dive. I did some more diving on the Corn Islands in Nicaragua. Highly recommend both.

I'm not really into sitting on a beach all day - so diving perfect for me on vacation.
Yyyyyyup. Sand SUCKS!
Old 03-08-2019, 03:55 PM   #52
Veteran

Quote:
Was a submarine ship's diver, so 21% 98% of the time, 36% 2% of the time. And yeah, diving the boat in places like Naples, Groton, Norfolk, and even Charleston, were pretty terrible. But diving the rest of the waters in the Med., the waters near Oslo, fjords, and (very) far north, was worth every shit-hole and every shit dive I ever had to do... And squeezing into the ballast tanks was ALWAYS A JOY!!!

Speaking of tables and beating them into people.... My younger son just spent a couple of hours last night working tables (SSI and PADI), just to brush-up on the skill. I won't lie, it's fun, but it's important too. He, like me, has become to comfortable with the dive computers! And with most days being 4-dive days, being limited to 32%, and one 5-dive day, I want him to understand/be reminded of how much graduated dives and SIs matter. If you don't pay attention, the Suunto will have its way with you and you'll be a bobber and telling jokes with the topside watch. That being said, even with Suunto's crazy-careful algorithm, it gives you LOTS of time you wouldn't get if you use a pencil..
Good for your son-old school but provides understanding behind the computer. Enjoy your trip. Sounds very well planned. Yeah I went to school with a couple of sub divers (went before the USMC started their own school down at Panama City). I was senior guy and a Marine aviator so took lots of crap from the instructors. They commonly wore a dive shirt imprinted with, “Fly Navy. Divers need the work!”
Coyote has disabled reputation
Old 03-08-2019, 05:27 PM   #53
Trained to reign as the one.

Wife and I are both AOW. Few ocean dives, and just dove Epcot (WDW) this past fall. I don't have much else to add other than I prefer backplate/wing!
God of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:41 PM   #54
Rookie

Certified in '87, Naui

became a Padi Scuba Instructor in the 90's, retired from teaching in 2005

Palau has to be the best place i have dove

Chuuk (Truk) was pretty damn cool too

from Palau

Last edited by Pape; 03-08-2019 at 06:53 PM..
Pape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-08-2019, 06:52 PM   #55
Why so serious?

Certified in the Maldives. Have done a lot of amazing dives all over. It's absolutely one of my favorite things in the world and I can't recommend it enough to anyone considering it.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:16 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Certified in the Maldives. Have done a lot of amazing dives all over. It's absolutely one of my favorite things in the world and I can't recommend it enough to anyone considering it.
i want to go to the Maldives...wife and i were looking at the aggressor there and at galapagos.
Pape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPape is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-08-2019, 07:46 PM   #57
Fight, build, win!

Dont get swallowed by a bryde's whale while diving in a bait ball like this guy.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:55 PM   #58
I don’t care for Auburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pape View Post
Chuuk (Truk) was pretty damn cool too
Did you dive the wrecks at Bikini Atoll?
Old 03-08-2019, 09:32 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
Good for your son-old school but provides understanding behind the computer. Enjoy your trip. Sounds very well planned. Yeah I went to school with a couple of sub divers (went before the USMC started their own school down at Panama City). I was senior guy and a Marine aviator so took lots of crap from the instructors. They commonly wore a dive shirt imprinted with, “Fly Navy. Divers need the work!”
My next door neighbor in Va. Beach (long after I got out) was a full-on Navy diver (hard-hat), and yeah, he pulled a couple of pilots out of the water. His worst mission was aboard the USS Hoist when they recovered remains from flight 800. He was jacked after that, and I get it...

Speaking of the Hoist, before I joined the Navy I dated the Hoist's CMC. Amazing how small the world is...

This is another dive I want to do:

My boat kicked the Radford all over the ocean during an exercise, I went 10-for-10 with putting ADCAPs on them, enough to have been given the ship's seal. I might just return it... Skimmers are just too easy.. Unless you were on the USS Moosebrugger, those guys were uncommonly challenging..

And I think the Navy still has the school in PC, "On the Bayou"!!! Good times...
Old 03-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #60
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.