Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2020, 08:50 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Chiefs draft rumor & plans for virtual draft

Saw some news today I thought I’d share.

From Matt Miller’s article this morning:

Quote:
KANSAS CITY: The word on the scouting streets is that general manager Brett Veach wants to add more premium targets for Patrick Mahomes at quarterback, but don't rule out a trade back from No. 32 overall. Many sources around the league believe the Chiefs could move out of the first and pick up valuable Day 2 selections to pick up starter-level players at cornerback and running back.
From Nate Taylor (yes the athletic is free right now):

Quote:

In the past couple of weeks, after coaches, team personnel and players were encouraged to work from home, Reid, 62, has enjoyed learning the videoconference technology from companies such as Zoom and Webex. He, along with Veach, have interviewed some draft prospects via Webex. Coaches meetings have taken place on Zoom.

Reid knows it’s possible the Chiefs could make their draft selections with everyone at their respective homes. Teams were informed by the league Thursday that coaches, executives and scouts might be allowed to return to their facility for the draft with only 10 people in each room and everyone distanced at least 6 feet apart. The New Orleans Saints have planned to hold their war room at a brewery. Reid said the Chiefs are considering having their war room at a local hotel with certain people in different rooms.

“We haven’t put our finger down on one thing as of yet,” Reid said. “We’re approaching it like we’re having a season. At the same time, we’re very sensitive to everything going on.”

Reid agreed with the league’s decision to not postpone the draft. Beyond interviewing prospects via Webex, Reid is confident that Veach and the team’s scouting department can properly evaluate the talent in this year’s draft class. And when asked whether the draft could uplift fans’ emotions during the pandemic, Reid believed one of the league’s biggest annual events can be a welcome distraction.
The hotel idea sounds great.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #181
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I'm fine with WR..but it depends who is there.

Assuming Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs are gone then you have

Jefferson
Shenault
Hamler
Aiyuk
Pittman

And those wr's are all close. Do you take the 1st in the bunch when similar talents go well into the 2nd?
This is the deepest WR class in history. I’d draft one in the second or third round
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:02 PM   #182
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
This is the deepest WR class in history. I’d draft one in the second or third round

Those guys are all top end prospects. All do different things.

For the Chiefs probably want to avoid Aiyuk but you could make a case for any of the others (Aiyuk is a slot only but will be really nice at that).
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:11 PM   #183
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...training-camp/

Thornhill himself said he should be ready to go by training camp. So are you saying he's misinformed on his own injury?
I think he's a player, not a doctor.

Expecting to "be ready" by Training Camp, barely 8 months after an ACL tear, is very, very aggressive and I don't recall the Chiefs ever having that type of a quick turnaround with a torn ACL.

Hopefully, he's ready but I wouldn't count on it at this point in time, which is why I listed it fifth in terms of draft needs.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:29 PM   #184
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

Expecting to "be ready" by Training Camp, barely 8 months after an ACL tear, is very, very aggressive and I don't recall the Chiefs ever having that type of a quick turnaround with a torn ACL.

Hopefully, he's ready but I wouldn't count on it at this point in time, which is why I listed it fifth in terms of draft needs.
We still need a backup safety tho. We have watts and sorenson but we need one more
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:32 PM   #185
Veteran

Quote:

Yep your right he’s just a player, you on the other hand aren’t either one let alone him so you haven’t a clue what’s going on with his body.
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:35 PM   #186
Andy Reid Supporter

What were our biggest problem areas last year? Coverage backer, RB depth, WR depth and at times pass rush.

I’m not sure OL was as big as a problem as some see and Beach already took actionable steps to fix it stealing Rankin.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #187
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
Yep your right he’s just a player, you on the other hand aren’t either one let alone him so you haven’t a clue what’s going on with his body.
Just shut the **** up.

I guess the virus is bringing out all of the ****ing morons.

Yay.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:00 PM   #188
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
What were our biggest problem areas last year? Coverage backer, RB depth, WR depth and at times pass rush.

I’m not sure OL was as big as a problem as some see and Beach already took actionable steps to fix it stealing Rankin.
Rankin definitely looked legit in his short time as a starter and we can only hope that continues after his injury.

Depth and the lack of a true feature back really hurt them last year and if they'd had a guy, they likely wouldn't have lost to the Titans, Texans or Colts during the regular season.

Fortunately, they should be able to come away with a running back that can contribute immediately this season.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:02 PM   #189
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
I have no issue with the Chiefs taking a interior fattie in the 1st round
It would be a horrific waste of resources to spend the #32 overall on a center when the team lacks serious depth at CB, RB and Safety while also needing to address the linebacker position.

And passing on a WR in this draft class might be dumber than passing on a WR in 2014.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #190
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:

“They say I should be ready for camp. That’s always good news. But I feel like, for the most part, everything is going pretty well.”

I'm assuming "they" means doctors.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:50 PM   #191
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If the center is a day one starter and a legit player, it wouldn’t be a problem

They can grab a wr or a rb in round two with good value. I’d rather try and get a couple of 2nds and add a 3rd or something anyway
I guess I would have to know what Veach his scouts and Andy think of how much better Cushenberry is than others in later rounds down the draft. Personally I don't like Reiter as a starter and can be replaced easily. I wanted to extend Wiz and let LDT walk as he is just not the same after the injury. Trade out of first and get some extra picks and work on this in later rounds. See how Rankin looks and if not going well as much as I hate to say it we may have to do some BV scrap heap magic once again and cross our fingers.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:52 PM   #192
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
We still need a backup safety tho. We have watts and sorenson but we need one more
Would love to test that glass jaw of yours
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:57 PM   #193
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Would love to test that glass jaw of yours
Did I say something wrong?
Old 04-06-2020, 10:21 PM   #194
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Did I say something wrong?
Not at all
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:37 PM   #195
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I guess I would have to know what Veach his scouts and Andy think of how much better Cushenberry is than others in later rounds down the draft. Personally I don't like Reiter as a starter and can be replaced easily. I wanted to extend Wiz and let LDT walk as he is just not the same after the injury. Trade out of first and get some extra picks and work on this in later rounds. See how Rankin looks and if not going well as much as I hate to say it we may have to do some BV scrap heap magic once again and cross our fingers.
If he could be "replaced easily", he would have already been replaced. I shat on the guy for more than half the season. Then, he got better. The interior got better. And Reiter played almost mistake-free for the better part of the playoffs. No bad snaps, no nothing.

Right now, C probably isn't a priority.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.