Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2020, 08:50 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Chiefs draft rumor & plans for virtual draft

Saw some news today I thought I’d share.

From Matt Miller’s article this morning:

Quote:
KANSAS CITY: The word on the scouting streets is that general manager Brett Veach wants to add more premium targets for Patrick Mahomes at quarterback, but don't rule out a trade back from No. 32 overall. Many sources around the league believe the Chiefs could move out of the first and pick up valuable Day 2 selections to pick up starter-level players at cornerback and running back.
From Nate Taylor (yes the athletic is free right now):

Quote:

In the past couple of weeks, after coaches, team personnel and players were encouraged to work from home, Reid, 62, has enjoyed learning the videoconference technology from companies such as Zoom and Webex. He, along with Veach, have interviewed some draft prospects via Webex. Coaches meetings have taken place on Zoom.

Reid knows it’s possible the Chiefs could make their draft selections with everyone at their respective homes. Teams were informed by the league Thursday that coaches, executives and scouts might be allowed to return to their facility for the draft with only 10 people in each room and everyone distanced at least 6 feet apart. The New Orleans Saints have planned to hold their war room at a brewery. Reid said the Chiefs are considering having their war room at a local hotel with certain people in different rooms.

“We haven’t put our finger down on one thing as of yet,” Reid said. “We’re approaching it like we’re having a season. At the same time, we’re very sensitive to everything going on.”

Reid agreed with the league’s decision to not postpone the draft. Beyond interviewing prospects via Webex, Reid is confident that Veach and the team’s scouting department can properly evaluate the talent in this year’s draft class. And when asked whether the draft could uplift fans’ emotions during the pandemic, Reid believed one of the league’s biggest annual events can be a welcome distraction.
The hotel idea sounds great.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:36 PM   #166
In Search of a Life

Why are we shitting on Reiter? He was the second best OL besides Schwartz against the so called best defensive front in football.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:36 PM   #167
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
RB is a need too, the question that must be answered which one helps Patrick immediately. It could very well a RB and vice versa
RB is a major need, as are CB, LB and WR.

The drop off at WR is really bad at this point and even worse at RB.

The Chiefs have "bodies" at the LB position but they don't have that at the CB position.

Safety is a bigger need, IMO, than center because there's just not much behind Sorenson, Mathieu and Thornhill, who's recovery may last into the season.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:36 PM   #168
Generational Player

Quote:
RB is a need too, the question that must be answered which one helps Patrick immediately. It could very well a RB and vice versa

I agree. If you look at the way this draft shapes up

Swift
Dobbins
CEH

Akers

It looks like there will be a cluster of RB's going in the 2nd and 3rd who could make a difference and fit what we do.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:41 PM   #169
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I thought it was a forgone conclusion that Queen, Murray, and Baun would be off the board by 32, but the truth is a lot of teams that needed a LB addressed it in free agency. Mock drafts have started to reflect that now.

I still wouldn’t count on it, but I don’t think it’s 100% certain anymore.
The good news is that, if we don’t trade either direction, only 31 players will be drafted prior to the Chiefs pick. There will be outstanding players available.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:53 PM   #170
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

The Chiefs have "bodies" at the LB position but they don't have that at the CB position.

Safety is a bigger need, IMO, than center because there's just not much behind Sorenson, Mathieu and Thornhill, who's recovery may last into the season.

Damn skippy RB is a need, I've been pounding the table for one here and Twitter.

Those Twitter ****tards reacted to my feature back as need and if it's 1-3 round to protect Patrick do it tweet to it they reacted if it were a political post in the DC forum specifically the Seth Keysor followers.

No shit it gaslit at least 100+ posts.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:57 PM   #171
Supporter

Quote:
Damn skippy RB is a need, I've been pounding the table for one here and Twitter.

Those Twitter ****tards reacted to my feature back as need and if it's 1-3 round to protect Patrick do it tweet to it they reacted if it were a political post in the DC forum specifically the Seth Keysor followers.

No shit it gaslit at least 100+ posts.
Yeah, anyone that looks at this roster as it's currently constructed and says "Running back isn't a need" is a moron that should be ignored.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:57 PM   #172
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:

Exactly how much do we need invested at the WR position? We have a top 5 group at the position and you think we're still lacking there? I'd be fine if someone falls to the 3rd or 4th and there's no better options. But I'd be highly skeptical of a WR in the first or second unless it's just an absolutely can't miss prospect. But I do agree runningback is a need, although I'd also hope we could find a decent talent in the 3rd or 4th.

The last I had heard was Thornhill was ahead of schedule and should be ready by training camp, but we'll see. I think a #4 safety can pretty easily be picked up in FA after the draft if need be. If we took a safety high in the draft I think it would have to be with the understanding that Mathieu walks after next year.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:03 PM   #173
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Exactly how much do we need invested at the WR position? We have a top 5 group at the position and you think we're still lacking there? I'd be fine if someone falls to the 3rd or 4th and there's no better options. But I'd be highly skeptical of a WR in the first or second unless it's just an absolutely can't miss prospect. But I do agree runningback is a need, although I'd also hope we could find a decent talent in the 3rd or 4th.
Watkins hasn't played 16 games in a season since his rookie season in 2014, let alone, 19, so yes, WR is a huge need, especially given that Robinson is on a 1 year deal and is a #4 at best while Watkins has one year left on his deal.

The Chiefs need to avoid the strategy they used in 2014, when they choose not to select a WR given their roster, then went 16 full games without a single TD catch from a WR.

It's a need and this is the year to grab at least one.

Quote:
The last I had heard was Thornhill was ahead of schedule and should be ready by training camp, but we'll see.
What? Ahead of schedule? What schedule? The dude tore his ACL on December 30th. The Chiefs will be extremely lucky if he's ready by Week 8 next year. ACL's normally take a year to fully recover and unless Thornhill's a freak of nature, he won't be 100% even if he's on the field early.

Quote:
I think a #4 safety can pretty easily be picked up in FA after the draft if need be. If we took a safety high in the draft I think it would have to be with the understanding that Mathieu walks after next year.
I don't think the Chiefs need to take a Safety before the 4th round, especially given they currently have 5 picks but it's sure as hell much more important than a center.

Again, unless the Chiefs trade back and add a few more selections, the pressure will be on them to get every pick "right" because they don't have any ammo in order to trade up or to miss on a few players.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #174
In Search of a Life

Quote:
This is just outright ****ing stupid.

The Chiefs have FAR bigger needs than to waste #32 overall on a center.

CB, WR, RB and LB should all take precedence over a center in this draft, period.
I have no issue with the Chiefs taking a interior fattie in the 1st round... If they are a year one starter and we can get them on a 5 year deal to protect Pat, you would have to... That being said, Veach has shown himself to be very intune to talent and need, I trust his decisions until he proves otherwise...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #175
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Watkins hasn't played 16 games in a season since his rookie season in 2014, let alone, 19, so yes, WR is a huge need, especially given that Robinson is on a 1 year deal and is a #4 at best while Watkins has one year left on his deal.

The Chiefs need to avoid the strategy they used in 2014, when they choose not to select a WR given their roster, then went 16 full games without a single TD catch from a WR.

Come on, don't be dramatic... I will run across Arrowhead naked during a game until security or the honey badger tackle me if we lose all of our Wideouts next year and pat doesn't throw 15 TDS to WR with guys off the street. That is probably way too low...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:22 PM   #176
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:

Ugh. That shit pissed me off so much.

I understood the Ford pick even though I didn't believe in the player. It was what it was. I remember liking the Philip Gaines pick somewhat, though I could be wrong.

However, we got to De'Anthony Thomas when we were rolling with Jamaal Charles, and it made me as livid as the day we drafted McCluster... again... when we had Jamaal Charles. We seriously took a RB to play WR in that incredibly deep WR draft?

I realize now we finally nailed the intent of what De'Anthony Thomas was supposed to be with the Tyreek Hill selection, but that still didn't excuse shit.

And while I'm more trusting of Veach, Reid, and all the creative directions they want to take the team, I'm still going to be slightly pissed if we draft some speed RB who can't handle 10+ carries a game out of the backfield, so instead we're going to line him up everywhere as a gadget guy, hopefully to turn him into a WR.

I reeeeeally hope those days are over
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:34 PM   #177
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:

What? Ahead of schedule? What schedule? The dude tore his ACL on December 30th. The Chiefs will be extremely lucky if he's ready by Week 8 next year. ACL's normally take a year to fully recover and unless Thornhill's a freak of nature, he won't be 100% even if he's on the field early.

I don't think the Chiefs need to take a Safety before the 4th round, especially given they currently have 5 picks but it's sure as hell much more important than a center.

Again, unless the Chiefs trade back and add a few more selections, the pressure will be on them to get every pick "right" because they don't have any ammo in order to trade up or to miss on a few players.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...training-camp/

Thornhill himself said he should be ready to go by training camp. So are you saying he's misinformed on his own injury?
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:37 PM   #178
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Ugh. That shit pissed me off so much.

I understood the Ford pick even though I didn't believe in the player. It was what it was. I remember liking the Philip Gaines pick somewhat, though I could be wrong.

However, we got to De'Anthony Thomas when we were rolling with Jamaal Charles, and it made me as livid as the day we drafted McCluster... again... when we had Jamaal Charles. We seriously took a RB to play WR in that incredibly deep WR draft?

I realize now we finally nailed the intent of what De'Anthony Thomas was supposed to be with the Tyreek Hill selection, but that still didn't excuse shit.

And while I'm more trusting of Veach, Reid, and all the creative directions they want to take the team, I'm still going to be slightly pissed if we draft some speed RB who can't handle 10+ carries a game out of the backfield, so instead we're going to line him up everywhere as a gadget guy, hopefully to turn him into a WR.

I reeeeeally hope those days are over
That's why I despise the Speaks pick so much. He's a useless tweener like Turk McBride in the same way Thomas was as useless as McCluster.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:41 PM   #179
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
People gotta get this shit out of their heads.

A drafted WR is only #4 or 5 until someone gets hurt. All of a sudden that player becomes a guy getting a lot of snaps.

This is a team that routinely uses 3 WR or more sets.

This offense essentially has 3 STARTING WR's. So your #4 guy is just an injury away from being a starter.

And since this offense is, scratch that, TEAM, is centered around Pat Mahomes and our passing game, it's crucial that the unit stays strong even through injuries.

You simply CANNOT go wrong drafting WR's for Mahomes no matter how many good ones you think you've got.
Outside of QB, you take best player available regardless of position. If it happens to be WR, then you take the player with intent to return kickoffs/punts. Next year, Robinson and Watkins are free agents again. Insert 2nd year player into the #3 WR position and hope Pringle steps up to fill the 4 spot.
Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefaholic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:50 PM   #180
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic View Post
Outside of QB, you take best player available regardless of position. If it happens to be WR, then you take the player with intent to return kickoffs/punts. Next year, Robinson and Watkins are free agents again. Insert 2nd year player into the #3 WR position and hope Pringle steps up to fill the 4 spot.

I'm fine with WR..but it depends who is there.

Assuming Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs are gone then you have

Jefferson
Shenault
Hamler
Aiyuk
Pittman

And those wr's are all close. Do you take the 1st in the bunch when similar talents go well into the 2nd?

Last edited by MahomesMagic; 04-06-2020 at 06:56 PM..
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.