Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2020, 08:50 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Chiefs draft rumor & plans for virtual draft

Saw some news today I thought I’d share.

From Matt Miller’s article this morning:

Quote:
KANSAS CITY: The word on the scouting streets is that general manager Brett Veach wants to add more premium targets for Patrick Mahomes at quarterback, but don't rule out a trade back from No. 32 overall. Many sources around the league believe the Chiefs could move out of the first and pick up valuable Day 2 selections to pick up starter-level players at cornerback and running back.
From Nate Taylor (yes the athletic is free right now):

Quote:

In the past couple of weeks, after coaches, team personnel and players were encouraged to work from home, Reid, 62, has enjoyed learning the videoconference technology from companies such as Zoom and Webex. He, along with Veach, have interviewed some draft prospects via Webex. Coaches meetings have taken place on Zoom.

Reid knows it’s possible the Chiefs could make their draft selections with everyone at their respective homes. Teams were informed by the league Thursday that coaches, executives and scouts might be allowed to return to their facility for the draft with only 10 people in each room and everyone distanced at least 6 feet apart. The New Orleans Saints have planned to hold their war room at a brewery. Reid said the Chiefs are considering having their war room at a local hotel with certain people in different rooms.

“We haven’t put our finger down on one thing as of yet,” Reid said. “We’re approaching it like we’re having a season. At the same time, we’re very sensitive to everything going on.”

Reid agreed with the league’s decision to not postpone the draft. Beyond interviewing prospects via Webex, Reid is confident that Veach and the team’s scouting department can properly evaluate the talent in this year’s draft class. And when asked whether the draft could uplift fans’ emotions during the pandemic, Reid believed one of the league’s biggest annual events can be a welcome distraction.
The hotel idea sounds great.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:02 PM   #151
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Reading comprehension. Read slower and the words might form in your head.

Why don't you spend some time learning about positional value in the NFL draft because clearly, you're completely ****ing clueless, n00b.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:06 PM   #152
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

Why don't you spend some time learning about positional value in the NFL draft because clearly, you're completely ****ing clueless, n00b.

Actual NFL teams disagree with your approach and are spending 1st round picks on interior OL. I think I will side with them over you.

The NFL is changing. NFL defenses (obviously you have missed this) find the fastest path to the QB is straight up the middle (also why Chris Jones is about to get paid). The counter to that is having elite protection up the middle.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #153
In Search of a Life

I wouldn’t be opposed to a center

Wouldn’t be my first choice. Frankly I don’t care who they pick this year though
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:09 PM   #154
Supporter

Quote:
Actual NFL teams disagree with your approach and are spending 1st round picks on interior OL. I think I will side with them over you.

The NFL is changing. NFL defenses (obviously you have missed this) find the fastest path to the QB is straight up the middle (also why Chris Jones is about to get paid). The counter to that is having elite protection up the middle.
This is just outright ****ing stupid.

The Chiefs have FAR bigger needs than to waste #32 overall on a center.

CB, WR, RB and LB should all take precedence over a center in this draft, period.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:09 PM   #155
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

Wouldn’t be my first choice. Frankly I don’t care who they pick this year though
My first choice would be a linebacker if the value was there. Corner would also be great.

But the issue is Queen probably gone. Fulton gone. Henderson is soft.

You can't force the issue just because you want a LB or CB. At that point I take the elite center, stack my offense more and see what the next round brings.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:11 PM   #156
In Search of a Life

Quote:
My first choice would be a linebacker if the value was there. Corner would also be great.

But the issue is Queen probably gone. Fulton gone. Henderson is soft.

You can't force the issue just because you want a LB or CB. At that point I take the elite center, stack my offense more and see what the next round brings.
Nah Fulton will probably still be there
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:14 PM   #157
Supporter

Quote:

I care.

This team lost games because of their lack of talented and effective running backs. The offense didn't perform nearly as well without Hill and Watkins while Robinson is maybe their 4th option at WR, who's only on a one year deal.

If they trade out of #32, they can address RB, CB, WR and maybe LB but if they're stuck, they'll be missing out on a lot of talent in this draft.

Drafting a center isn't a priority, it's a luxury and one the Chiefs don't have with only 5 picks.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:14 PM   #158
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Nah Fulton will probably still be there
Really? That would be great. In that case I take Fulton. But again, I doubt he makes it to us.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:18 PM   #159
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:

I would agree with Patrick on the positional value goes out the window concerning the offense. I would be so pissed if they pulled a true fan with Alex on the team because everything had to be a well oiled machine. Yes, CBs and LBs are an immediate need I even agreed, but that was before Mahomes got injured which changed said priorities.

I'll be honest it's a point of hysteria for me.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:22 PM   #160
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I care.

This team lost games because of their lack of talented and effective running backs. The offense didn't perform nearly as well without Hill and Watkins while Robinson is maybe their 4th option at WR, who's only on a one year deal.

If they trade out of #32, they can address RB, CB, WR and maybe LB but if they're stuck, they'll be missing out on a lot of talent in this draft.

Drafting a center isn't a priority, it's a luxury and one the Chiefs don't have with only 5 picks.
If the center is a day one starter and a legit player, it wouldn’t be a problem

They can grab a wr or a rb in round two with good value. I’d rather try and get a couple of 2nds and add a 3rd or something anyway
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #161
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
I would agree with Patrick on the positional value goes out the window concerning the offense. I would be so pissed if they pulled a true fan with Alex on the team because everything had to be a well oiled machine. Yes, CBs and LBs are an immediate need I even agreed, but that was before Mahomes got injured which changed said priorities.

I'll be honest it's a point of hysteria for me.
You can hide one guy below average on most NFL lines.

The issue with the Chiefs is Guard-Center-Guard is all held together with wire.

One elite player added (especially center) and then the whole thing improves. Look at the Saints last year. I had McCoy as a 1st round pick he fell to the 2nd and the Saints snapped him up. They were able to run effective offense with crappy rag arm Bridgewater, Kamara, and Thomas. Why? Because they spend assets on OL.

No matter what happens, IOL is a need. It improves the run game as well as protects our franchise player.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:31 PM   #162
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
You can hide one guy below average on most NFL lines.

The issue with the Chiefs is Guard-Center-Guard is all held together with wire.

One elite player added (especially center) and then the whole thing improves. Look at the Saints last year. I had McCoy as a 1st round pick he fell to the 2nd and the Saints snapped him up. They were able to run effective offense with crappy rag arm Bridgewater, Kamara, and Thomas. Why? Because they spend assets on OL.

No matter what happens, IOL is a need. It improves the run game as well as protects our franchise player.
RB is a need too, the question that must be answered which one helps Patrick immediately. It could very well a RB and vice versa
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:33 PM   #163
Supporter

Quote:
If the center is a day one starter and a legit player, it wouldn’t be a problem

They can grab a wr or a rb in round two with good value. I’d rather try and get a couple of 2nds and add a 3rd or something anyway
I don't care if he's a "legit" player.

The Chiefs biggest needs are CB, LB, WR and RB and it would be foolish to take a center at #32 overall, which is way far down the list of priorities.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:34 PM   #164
Supporter

Quote:
It improves the run game as well as protects our franchise player.
It doesn't improve the "run game" when you've got shit at the RB position, which is what the Chiefs currently have on their roster.

There is no ****ing way you're to convince anyone with a brain that a center should be the Chiefs first selection.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:35 PM   #165
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Really? That would be great. In that case I take Fulton. But again, I doubt he makes it to us.
Yea every mock draft I have seen he’s either projected to us or out of the first round. Bryce Hall falls to the second round. Patrick Queen is Projected 4 spots ahead of us to the Ravens. I can’t see Veach trading up
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.