Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-22-2019, 10:35 AM  
Stay positive, don't give up

Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet'

@LightsCameraPod: Christopher Nolan's next project is a spy-related movie titled 'Tenet'.

It will star John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Clémence Poésy.

The movie releases on July 17, 2020. https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/...014658/photo/1

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/c...gh-1203223474/

Casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh

By*JUSTIN KROLL

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh will appear in*Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film, “Tenet.”
Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine are also joining the cast that includes John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, and Robert Pattinson.
“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.
Nolan is directing from his own original screenplay and will use a mix of Imax and 70mm film to bring the story to the big screen.
Nolan and his wife, Emma Thomas are producing the movie, while Thomas Hayslip is serving as executive producer.

Nolan’s behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Jennifer Lame, costume designer Jeffrey Kurland, and visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson. The score is being composed by Ludwig Göransson.

Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing “Tenet” worldwide. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2020.
“Tenet” is Nolan’s follow-up to the Oscar-nominated war drama “Dunkirk.” That film became a huge box office hit, collecting $526 million in ticket sales across the globe. It also earned Nolan his first directing Oscar. Nolan’s acclaimed arsenal of work also includes “The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Inception,” and “Interstellar.”
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:13 PM   #151
In Search of a Life

Going to watch this for a 3rd time tonight.

Enjoyed it the first time, but I was very confused and had to watch a couple videos on YT. The 2nd time was MUCH better.

Like Dunkirk, it might be one of Nolan’s “worst”, but it’s still an 8/10 for me

And comparing Christopher ****ing Nolan to M. Night is a ****ing joke
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 03:13 PM   #152
Mahomes Fanboi

I'm glad I read this thread, as when attempting to watch it the first time both the wife and I looked at each other and thought "WTF is going on? Can you hear what anyone is saying?" -- We got about 20 minutes in and turned it off.

I thought I was watching a bad quality stream or something as the dialogue seemed very mumbled and hard to understand. (Looks like a common complaint).

Anyway, I will attempt to watch it again sometime when I can crank the volume and my ears aren't feeling so damn old.

Nolan has been my favorite over the past 2 decades as Batman, Momento, and Inception have been amazing.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:38 PM   #153
Band

What the **** are people talking about in this thread? Dunkirk is a phenomenal movie, and the fact that it made more than half a billion dollars for a lesser known WWII story shows his clout. The dude is firmly cemented as a top critical and box office performer, and that’s not even remotely in jeopardy.
noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 07:20 PM   #154
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by noa View Post
What the **** are people talking about in this thread? Dunkirk is a phenomenal movie, and the fact that it made more than half a billion dollars for a lesser known WWII story shows his clout. The dude is firmly cemented as a top critical and box office performer, and that’s not even remotely in jeopardy.
Dunkirk might actually be his best movie which is saying a lot considering his filmography.

As far as Tenet, I still haven't come back to it for a second time yet. Will see if I enjoy it more on a rewatch.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-28-2020, 12:10 AM   #155
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Dunkirk might actually be his best movie which is saying a lot considering his filmography.

As far as Tenet, I still haven't come back to it for a second time yet. Will see if I enjoy it more on a rewatch.
No way Dunkirk is his best movie but it was well done.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-28-2020, 02:22 AM   #156
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
No way Dunkirk is his best movie but it was well done.
I think it might be objectively. I’m partial to others though.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-28-2020, 02:36 AM   #157
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
I think it might be objectively. I’m partial to others though.
I think if you knew nothing about Batman at all ever and watched The Dark Knight it’s probably still Nolan’s best work.

But Dunkirk is probably in the conversation
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-28-2020, 03:31 PM   #158
Supporter

I finally saw Tenet last night and really enjoyed it. I really didn't have any issues with the sound, although one of my kids had some difficulty hearing so I put on the captions about halfway through. I avoided spoilers and this thread because I wanted to see it as "fresh" as possible.

I didn't really find the story to be overly complicated. Nolan always leaves clues in his work as to where the story is going, so I just paid great attention to all of the details of the film, so the 3rd act wasn't a surprise at all for me, because I expected Nolan to once again, warp reality.

The visuals of the "Inverse" were pretty freaking cool, although I found some of the physics to be a bit odd but the moment I saw the truck driving backwards and the green car crash, I knew it was related to whatever reveal by the end of the film. I even thought it was the Protagonist who JDW was wrestling with early in the film and thought they must be the same characters because they knew each other's moves.

The casting was excellent and it was really cool to see Kenneth Branagh as a "bad guy", which like so many of Nolan's films, is really more of a "Point of View" than clear Black & White.

IMO, it was another phenomenal Nolan film and while it could be the start of a franchise, it could quickly become "generic", for lack of a better word, in the wrong hands.

Overall, I thought it was an really cool concept and I was really impressed with Robert Pattinson's performance. I haven't decided where it stands for me in terms of his overall body of work but it's definitely up there, with Inception being my definitive #1 Nolan film.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-28-2020, 04:10 PM   #159
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I finally saw Tenet last night and really enjoyed it. I really didn't have any issues with the sound, although one of my kids had some difficulty hearing so I put on the captions about halfway through. I avoided spoilers and this thread because I wanted to see it as "fresh" as possible.

I didn't really find the story to be overly complicated. Nolan always leaves clues in his work as to where the story is going, so I just paid great attention to all of the details of the film, so the 3rd act wasn't a surprise at all for me, because I expected Nolan to once again, warp reality.

The visuals of the "Inverse" were pretty freaking cool, although I found some of the physics to be a bit odd but the moment I saw the truck driving backwards and the green car crash, I knew it was related to whatever reveal by the end of the film. I even thought it was the Protagonist who JDW was wrestling with early in the film and thought they must be the same characters because they knew each other's moves.

The casting was excellent and it was really cool to see Kenneth Branagh as a "bad guy", which like so many of Nolan's films, is really more of a "Point of View" than clear Black & White.

IMO, it was another phenomenal Nolan film and while it could be the start of a franchise, it could quickly become "generic", for lack of a better word, in the wrong hands.

Overall, I thought it was an really cool concept and I was really impressed with Robert Pattinson's performance. I haven't decided where it stands for me in terms of his overall body of work but it's definitely up there, with Inception being my definitive #1 Nolan film.
See Post #135
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:45 PM   #160
sorta mod-ish

Well, I'm basically locked in with the ice storm today, so maybe I'll fire this up.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:39 PM   #161
Supporter

After thinking about this film for a few days, the main thing that sticks with me, outside of the amazing visuals and because JDW is always awesome, is the performance of Robert Pattinson.

I'd never seen him in any movie, ever. All I really knew of the guy was tabloid nonsense and dopey werewolf films that spawned that beast by the name of Kristen Stewart. I didn't think he could "act" because all anyone talked about were his looks and the tabloid shit. And he never really got any substantial and meaty roles, so I had no idea what to expect.

Well mother**** me, he was ****ing outstanding! That dude should be the next Bond, not Tom Hardy. He had that quiet confidence that makes "attractive" men on film, like a Sean Connery, cool as ****. He's also got the height and physicality for the role.

If Hayden Christensen had been half as cool, the Prequels would have been the greatest movies ever to me.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:41 PM   #162
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
See Post #135
That's just what he wants you to think...
Old 12-30-2020, 12:19 AM   #163
"You like to drink?"

Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:08 PM   #164
Supporter

As I mentioned some time ago in a related thread, Christopher Nolan is done with Warners.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/want-to...es-11611247554

After spending years as a top Warner Bros. director, Christopher Nolan, who wrote and directed last year’s “Tenet,” is unlikely to return to the studio with his next project, in part because he was disappointed with the studio’s hybrid distribution strategy for 2021, according to people familiar with the matter.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:34 PM   #165
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
As I mentioned some time ago in a related thread, Christopher Nolan is done with Warners.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/want-to...es-11611247554

After spending years as a top Warner Bros. director, Christopher Nolan, who wrote and directed last year’s “Tenet,” is unlikely to return to the studio with his next project, in part because he was disappointed with the studio’s hybrid distribution strategy for 2021, according to people familiar with the matter.
So he’s pissed about HBOMax?

He did get his way with Tenet.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.