Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Quote:
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:27 PM   #796
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
There's not a whole lot of places they can really go with the story, without risking it getting too big for it's britches.

He's just a humble Mando, not the savior of the galaxy. He's not Iron Man, Thanos isn't coming through a portal.
Except that he had a team last year, all of which were killed, save for Greef Carga and Cara Dune, neither of which we've seen through nearly 100 minutes of screen time.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:11 PM   #797
Supporter

This is from a Creative Director at Lucasfilm:

DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:13 PM   #798
Supporter

Ralph McQuarrie's genius lives on...

Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:20 PM   #799
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
This is from a Creative Director at Lucasfilm:

It wasn't humorous at all, and a big whiff on the writers end especially after they humanized Frog Lady
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:51 PM   #800
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
It wasn't humorous at all, and a big whiff on the writers end especially after they humanized Frog Lady
Eh, I laughed.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:53 PM   #801
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
There's not a whole lot of places they can really go with the story, without risking it getting too big for it's britches.

He's just a humble Mando, not the savior of the galaxy. He's not Iron Man, Thanos isn't coming through a portal.

I'd rather see him just wrecking shit in Star Wars theme parks. That Krayt Dragon scene was one of the most perfect action sequences in the history of the franchise. The IMAX shots, my ****ing GOD.
Yeah, **** turning Mando into a super hero saving the galaxy. Keep this down to the ground.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:56 PM   #802
In Search of a Life

Question

Spoiler!
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:57 PM   #803
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought too. It was worth a chuckle the first time. But then we find out that Frog Lady was actually super smart and that just made it weird and awkward when they continued with it. Like others have said, it felt contradictory to what they'd been trying to establish up to this point.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:33 PM   #804
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:23 PM   #805
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought too. It was worth a chuckle the first time. But then we find out that Frog Lady was actually super smart and that just made it weird and awkward when they continued with it. Like others have said, it felt contradictory to what they'd been trying to establish up to this point.
It was most certainly cringe-worthy at best and horrifying at worst.

I didn't see any "humor" at all in that episode, especially given that it was stated repeatedly that this would be the final offspring of her life cycle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:35 PM   #806
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
It was most certainly cringe-worthy at best and horrifying at worst.

I didn't see any "humor" at all in that episode, especially given that it was stated repeatedly that this would be the final offspring of her life cycle.
Eh. My wife, who loves all things babies, always and forever, laughed at it.

I didn't dig it, but it got a chuckle out of her.

I don't know, I'm with you, but I'm open to the possibility that I'm in the minority.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:42 PM   #807
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I think you guys are getting way too worked up over this.

I mean, who doesn’t like eggs?
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:54 PM   #808
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I don't know, I'm with you, but I'm open to the possibility that I'm in the minority.
Much to my surprise, because I thought "maybe it's just me?", there have been quite a few articles posted on the internet on the usual TV and Film news related websites in which people had the same reaction.

I kid you not, when I saw BY approach the eggs and put his hands on the container, I was saying to myself "Don't do it, don't do it, please don't do it", then he did it.

I wouldn't have any issue had they not been sentient life forms but I have to say, it really turned me off.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:21 PM   #809
Supporter

Quote:
Wow - well, I think that makes my point even more.

It has to be a lot less computer man hours to render desertscapes than a bustling city.

Hell, they could get away with using existing footage for a lot of it.
Maybe 30 years ago but not today.

Shooting on location is a bitch, which is why Sound Stages exist. Otherwise, the production company would need to hire Location Scouts, pull permits, pay for travel, cartage, lodging and food for a huge crew of people, hope that the lighting is right for the shoot, then further enhance the shots with VFX.

The Volume is the future because it allows the actors to actually feel as if they're on location because their surrounding are constantly changing as the actors move.

And while it's certainly not cheap, 6+ hours of Star Wars for $150 million is an absolute bargain.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:47 PM   #810
Ain't no relax!

In contrast to this ****ing nonsense...

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.