Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2023, 08:39 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***

2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-30-2023 at 10:48 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2023, 01:47 PM   #1021
In my youth i pray to keep

Hicks to the Blue Jays. Who's going to blow saves for us now? I guess we still have VerHagen and Gallegos to fill that need.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:05 PM   #1022
The Insider

ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:05 PM
jd1020
This message has been deleted by jd1020.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:06 PM   #1023
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
Hicks to the Blue Jays. Who's going to blow saves for us now? I guess we still have VerHagen and Gallegos to fill that need.

If that's the headliner, the Cardinals got away with highway robbery!
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:18 PM   #1024
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Montgomery to Texas
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:21 PM   #1025
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post

If that's the headliner, the Cardinals got away with highway robbery!
Kloffenstein isn’t really a prospect. Robberse is the guy who will make or break that trade.

The Jays need the whiffs that Hicks will provide and have for a few years now. He’ll probably pitch in a setup role once Romano returns.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:24 PM   #1026
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Kloffenstein isn’t really a prospect. Robberse is the guy who will make or break that trade.

The Jays need the whiffs that Hicks will provide and have for a few years now. He’ll probably pitch in a setup role once Romano returns.
It’s not even make or break per se.

Hicks is a free agent after the season. If they weren’t goi f to extend him below market, getting anything for him is a positive.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:28 PM   #1027
Consuming CP souls

Gut it and then the front office
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:29 PM   #1028
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
And extend Nootbar.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:30 PM   #1029
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
It’s not even make or break per se.

Hicks is a free agent after the season. If they weren’t goi f to extend him below market, getting anything for him is a positive.
Hicks has no value to the Cardinals for the remainder of this year, true, but he has value to contenders who need the relief help.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that Robberse’s development will determine whether the Cardinals “win” the trade from a value perspective.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:33 PM   #1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
Get rid of Flaherty and Mo next please
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:35 PM   #1031
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
Get rid of Flaherty and Mo next please
What’s the most woke city that’s still in contention? That’s where JLM wants to go.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 02:35 PM   #1032
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Hicks has no value to the Cardinals for the remainder of this year, true, but he has value to contenders who need the relief help.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that Robberse’s development will determine whether the Cardinals “win” the trade from a value perspective.
Correct.

I’m also not entirely sold that all the guys they acquired from Toronto and Texas will still be members of the organization when the off-season begins. I think they’ll likely try to trade a few of them to acquire a starter via trade, but that’s just a hunch.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:37 PM   #1033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
What’s the most woke city that’s still in contention? That’s where JLM wants to go.
Giants only 3 games out
Old 07-30-2023, 02:44 PM   #1034
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

I'm not sure i agree.

I mean Kloffenstein was a top 10 prospect for the Jays a year ago and a guy they broke the slot record for signing bonuses to get signed. They really liked him. And yes, he struggled in 2022 but has had a nice year in 2023.

He's a PLANET; built like an absolute tank. Works in the 94 mph range and can hit 97. Has 4 pitches including a slider that profiles as a big league pitch and a change that MIGHT become a plus pitch. He's only 22. I see no reason at all to write him off as a prospect even if the prospect hounds have. You set his profile and his performance this year side by side with McGreevy and there's no reason to pick McGreevy over him as likely to be a SP in the big leagues over the next 2 seasons.

And the prospect guys like Robberse but he just looks like a relief pitcher to me. He's an undersized 'pitchability' righty with no putaway pitch to speak of.

Of the two, I'd bank on Kloffenstein having a more impactful career, though I don't expect either of them to ever be more than maybe a #4 starter.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:50 PM   #1035
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Regarding the Montgomery deal - I'm not a huge fan of Roby; again I'm gonna break with the prospect guys here. To me, the guy he looks most like in our system is....Robberse. He's another smallish righty with 4 pitches, none of which are likely to profile as plus, and a fastball that is okay. Honestly he just looks like Kloffenstein-Light; both in terms of stature and prospect status.

Saggese is the guy out of that deal I like the most but for HIM to make this a winner of a deal, I think a deal for Donovan or maybe Edman has to be made to clear a spot for him. He looks to be maybe a Chris Taylor sort of player; defensively versatile with a little pop but an average hit tool. Just looks like a dirt dog who will probably play in the big leagues someday.

I think the return on Hicks was solid. I think the return on Montgomery is underwhelming. I think we got a middle reliever and a utility infielder there. I feel like you should've been able to do more than that with a #3 starter given how many teams BADLY need starting pitching and are in the thick of a post-season fight.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.