Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2023, 08:39 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***

2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-30-2023 at 10:48 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2023, 03:03 PM   #271
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
We had a great one.

We fired him so we could bring the organization into alignment.
God forbid Schildt talk about the needs of the team if they don't agree. Mike never even wnt outside the family to expres frustration. He was a good soldier.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 03:11 PM   #272
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Good lord no. How about they bring in someone who has actually coached at a high level for more than the WBC. Someone who values analytics but is not handcuffed by them.
Molina flat quit on his team for 2 months last season.

He can **** right off. That's nobody I want managing my ballclub. And frankly, Yadi was as bad as any player we've had about the cliques and other nonsense. We carried Tony Cruz for 5 years because he was Yadi's buddy and the organization was afraid to upset Molina while he was still in his prime.

If pure math says he shouldn't have been a finalist for the GG, he takes to Instagram calling it racism. If the manager says he needs a rest, he puts said manager on blast.

Molina would be an absolute trash hire.

So yeah - he's probably the heir apparent.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2023, 03:11 PM   #273
The Insider

ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2023, 03:13 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Good.

He's not ready. He needs to be in Memphis playing everyday.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2023, 03:19 PM   #275
In Search of a Life

Outman running away in the rookie of the year race so better send him back down before he loses his rookie status so the Cardinals can try for a pick next year.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:10 PM   #276
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
By and large, LaRussa only returned fire.

He'd privately lay into guys here and there and if that guy took it public, LaRussa would respond in kind.

But I can't recall him ever firing the first salvos in a public forum. And when he did, it was always uphill. If he put someone on blast publicly, it would be the front office. And even then he wouldn't say "Man, my 2b sucks shit" it would be quite a bit more nuanced than that.
that’s the way I remember it too. Player said something publicly, Larussa responded in kind.

I’m sure he lit players up behind the scenes. I’m okay with that. Publicly is a totally different animal.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:36 PM   #277
Now you've pissed me off!

I could be misremembering, but TLR barbecued Brendan Ryan's ass in the media, went off on Steve Kline, and spent a fair amount of Bissinger's book laying into JD Drew. Arguably, all of these were fair, but I don't know if they were purely retaliatory.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:47 PM   #278
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I could be misremembering, but TLR barbecued Brendan Ryan's ass in the media, went off on Steve Kline, and spent a fair amount of Bissinger's book laying into JD Drew. Arguably, all of these were fair, but I don't know if they were purely retaliatory.
Wasn't the Kline thing after he showed up TLR on the mound not wanting to be pulled? I might be making that up but I recall something like that.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:48 PM   #279
MVP

Quote:
Good.

He's not ready. He needs to be in Memphis playing everyday.
Yep, and this team just lost to John goddamn Brebbia. Taylor Motter is obviously the prescription for what ails them.
Old 04-26-2023, 06:09 PM   #280
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Wasn't the Kline thing after he showed up TLR on the mound not wanting to be pulled? I might be making that up but I recall something like that.
Close. He warmed him up then sat him down three times in a game. To be fair, that is ridiculous.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:44 PM   #281
MVP

I am turning a corner. They are well on the path to 95 losses. Maybe Mo will change tactics if they get there.79 more to go.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:47 PM   #282
What's up braj?

Quote:
I am turning a corner. They are well on the path to 95 losses. Maybe Mo will change tactics if they get there.79 more to go.
Not sure even a 100 loss season would inspire any meaningful change but I’m rooting for it.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:29 AM   #283
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
We had a great one.

We fired him so we could bring the organization into alignment.
Shildt was pure garbage, but him taking the fall over MO was pure criminal
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:43 AM   #284

Quote:

They're on pace to go 58-104.

The only teams worse than them are teams that are actively attempting to lose ballgames. And even many of THOSE are better than the Cardinals.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:45 AM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Not sure even a 100 loss season would inspire any meaningful change but I’m rooting for it.
It won't.

And they won't lose 100. I mean think of the comedy of errors it's taken to get to this pace. 100 losses his just hilariously awful (how the hell did the royals average 100 losses/season over like an 8 year span?)

But a 90 loss season is a distinct possibility. Sadly you're right - all that's gonna do is cost Girsch and the pitching coach their jobs. Probably a couple of traveling secretaries.

Mozeliak will go when he wants to. He has a weird Svengali grip on DeWitt.