Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-21-2021, 06:06 PM  
Would an idiot do that?

**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-01-2022 at 10:34 AM..
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:12 PM   #991
Would an idiot do that?

Felt like there was some pressure to win this one only because they scored 3 on Vasy in regulation and that may not happen every game.... he was off his game a bit and wanted to take advantage.

What a start to the series, doesn't get any better.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:12 PM   #992
Ain't no relax!

Game 1 in the books!
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:21 PM   #993
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yeah, seeing a lot of "need to go to bed"/"work at 6am" on reddit from Lightning fans... no idea how east coast sports fans do it.
It's even better here. 8:15pm 4 margaritas and an epic win.

This finals is going to be great for the game of hockey. Incredible teams, rabid fan bases, perfect even match-up, great story-line, everything you need.

Avs win round 1 of the 7 round fight.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:27 PM   #994
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
It's even better here. 8:15pm 4 margaritas and an epic win.

This finals is going to be great for the game of hockey. Incredible teams, rabid fan bases, perfect even match-up, great story-line, everything you need.

Avs win round 1 of the 7 round fight.
I'd be pretty surprised if it doesn't go at least 6... but after tonight's perfect OT ending, it's feeling even more so that it's destined for 7.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:28 PM   #995
Kind of a mod

That was stressful. But fun.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:32 PM   #996
MFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
lets go Bolts
Need to quote this for a Chargers thread.
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:35 PM   #997
Would an idiot do that?

Old 06-15-2022, 09:40 PM   #998
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
He'll almost certainly steal a game or two. But the corsi chart gives me a lot of optimism. The Avs pretty much dominated possession tonight, which is basically how it's been the entire playoffs.

http://www.naturalstattrick.com/game...1&view=limited
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:47 PM   #999
MVP

Always love these bar reactions
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:51 PM   #1000
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
He'll almost certainly steal a game or two. But the corsi chart gives me a lot of optimism. The Avs pretty much dominated possession tonight, which is basically how it's been the entire playoffs.

http://www.naturalstattrick.com/game...1&view=limited
Yeah, even with "only" 30 SOG, they dominated the 1st beyond just the goals and shut them down in the 3rd for the most part.

TB wanted to skate with them in the first and must have realized that was a bad idea.... and TB is plenty fast, but of course not when you're skating backwards through the neutral zone.

PK was impressive. It'll give me heart palpitations just with all the talent on the ice.

Kuemper makes me a little nervous... 'good not great' with some more weird positioning issues. Of course, he had quite the break between live action, too.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:54 AM   #1001
Kind of a mod

It's kind of fascinating finally getting to live through a legit cup run after living through a few Super Bowl runs. (Yes, I'm an Avs fan, but I didn't start following the team until I moved to Denver in 2007.) The experience is just completely different.

First off, I feel like everyone (at least out here) is really just...savoring...the whole thing. The NFL playoffs are a month of nonstop stress with incredible highs (or incredible lows if it all falls apart). NHL playoffs go on FOREVER - it's basically an every other night deal for 2.5 months. The individual games are stressful, to be sure, but most teams win at least a game or two in a series, and with a day or two off in between games, you get a chance to enjoy all of the discussion and content along the way.

And the city is going nuts. For games 3 and 4, I know of at least 3 different watch parties where there will be a minimum of 1k people in attendance. Tons of people I know who barely follow sports are getting into it. It's just a ton of fun. (And I don't feel any need to gatekeep bandwagon fans - the more the merrier to me.)

Anyway, not a lot of point to this other than to say that this has really been a fun experience. I'll always consider the Chiefs to be my favorite team, and there's no question that the Super Bowl run was insanely fun. This is just a more mellow, long-term level of fun, which is interesting to live through.

Hopefully the Avs continue to dominate. But either way, it's been a fun year.
Old 06-18-2022, 09:04 AM
Pasta Little Brioni
This message has been deleted by Pasta Little Brioni.
Old 06-18-2022, 09:10 AM   #1002
Consuming CP souls

Just Lose Baby!
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2022, 09:12 AM   #1003
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
Just Lose Baby!
Given that you're on the Lightning side this series, I'm glad you feel that way.

(I'll admit that the schaudenfraude of obnoxious Blues fans has added a lot to the experience as well. Most of you guys are cool with me, but you have to admit that the butthurt is pretty funny.)
Old 06-18-2022, 09:17 AM   #1004
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It's kind of fascinating finally getting to live through a legit cup run after living through a few Super Bowl runs. (Yes, I'm an Avs fan, but I didn't start following the team until I moved to Denver in 2007.) The experience is just completely different.

First off, I feel like everyone (at least out here) is really just...savoring...the whole thing. The NFL playoffs are a month of nonstop stress with incredible highs (or incredible lows if it all falls apart). NHL playoffs go on FOREVER - it's basically an every other night deal for 2.5 months. The individual games are stressful, to be sure, but most teams win at least a game or two in a series, and with a day or two off in between games, you get a chance to enjoy all of the discussion and content along the way.

And the city is going nuts. For games 3 and 4, I know of at least 3 different watch parties where there will be a minimum of 1k people in attendance. Tons of people I know who barely follow sports are getting into it. It's just a ton of fun. (And I don't feel any need to gatekeep bandwagon fans - the more the merrier to me.)

Anyway, not a lot of point to this other than to say that this has really been a fun experience. I'll always consider the Chiefs to be my favorite team, and there's no question that the Super Bowl run was insanely fun. This is just a more mellow, long-term level of fun, which is interesting to live through.

Hopefully the Avs continue to dominate. But either way, it's been a fun year.
I feel like it's similar to the Royals' runs in '14/'15... of course, this playoff run isn't completely unexpected, but I assume given 20 years between WCF appearances, there are a lot of new hockey fans this postseason, too.

And by all accounts, Ball Arena* was absolutely rocking the other night... the general reaction to $1000 tickets is they price out the die hard/stand all game/be loud fans, but that didn't seem to be the case at all in game 1.

Great to hear the city has really embraced it, and this is the type of series that creates new fans for life. And I have no idea what happens tonight... conventional wisdom says there will be a storm to weather and Vasy will be back to his brick wall self. However, the Avalanche haven't really sat back this postseason at all and just let that happen. Usually you would say this is a 2-1 type game similar to game 2 against the Preds, but the Avalanche kind of throw the rule book out the window.

*I know people used to call it The Can when it was the Pepsi Center... and just the other day I saw "The Sack"
Old 06-18-2022, 09:18 AM   #1005
Would an idiot do that?

The "less attractive Slayer" thing was funny, I'll admit that.