Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM  
Banded

Kurt Warner's QB Confidential shows Lamar is nowhere close to Patrick's level (duh)

I think this is great. Kurt breaks down each QB against the other team's defense. It's pretty obvious which QB is vastly superior as a passer. YThe former SB Champ does a nice job breaking down the plays and explaining the hot reads and protections.

https://youtu.be/6WKvVSLJ6d8?si=Y_gAY9cmT5uSTmCL

https://youtu.be/f94LTpJgYyM?si=dPrcgBsLYYTYc70v
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #2
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Yeah, I like Warner's breakdowns. Been checking his QB Confidential out for several years now. Cross-reference with JTS, Jordan Palmer and one or two other guys; Warner usually has the best analyses. He's made it pretty clear that Lamar just isn't a cerebral QB. He relies mostly on his athleticism and the RPO scheme, and struggles as a pocket passer.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #3
No Keys, No Problem

LOL...Lamar will go the way of Cam Newton and there is nothing anyone can do about it. The only running QB can recall turning into something decent, after 15 years, is Randel Cunningham for 1 season and he was chucking the ball up to Randy Moss when he could actually play from the pocket.
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #4
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
LOL...Lamar will go the way of Cam Newton and there is nothing anyone can do about it. The only running QB can recall turning into something decent, after 15 years, is Randel Cunningham for 1 season and he was chucking the ball up to Randy Moss when he could actually play from the pocket.

Steve Young. Maybe one could throw in Mike Vick. But Steve Young is the model.

And even Steve has said dozens of times that running QBs can't win SBs. They have to find a way to become pocket passers before they can win the big one.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Steve Young. Maybe one could throw in Mike Vick. But Steve Young is the model.

And even Steve has said dozens of times that running QBs can't win SBs. They have to find a way to become pocket passers before they can win the big one.
Man, I remember the concussion hits Young used to take. Specifically one time when he was out cold after one. All well before they did any of the stuff they do now. Just brutal.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #6
For The Glory Of The City

I think Lamar is an awesome QB and it is fun to watch him play. Having said that just another guy who will have his whole career impacted by being in the shadow of Mahomes.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #7
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
I think Lamar is an awesome QB and it is fun to watch him play. Having said that just another guy who will have his whole career impacted by being in the shadow of Mahomes.
I think he’s also impacted because Harbaugh gets weird Marty like yips in the playoffs. I know the Chiefs were daring the Ravens to pass, but just like I didn’t understand why Haley would abandon running with Charles when teams did that, I did not understand why Harbaugh had Lamar stand there and sling it against us in the Championship game. Lamar continually gets the Ravens to the playoffs with his legs, and multiple times, Harbaugh has abandoned that part of his game. That was exactly what we wanted and he gave it to us.

Warner provides my favorite QB analysis out of the QB analysis YouTubers, and I say that even though I think he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder when it comes to Patrick. He said things in the offseason like “Patrick has never had a good Super Bowl,” and that “Purdy clearly outplayed Patrick.” The latter is laughable, and the former is a bit weird when you see his breakdown of the Eagles game, which contained a lot of “Yeah, Patrick’s decision worked, but it’d have been better if he did X.” Brady also couches a lot of professional critiques like that about Mahomes, Allen, and Lamar’s games (Brady is not a fan about how all three won’t change a playcall at the line if they think they’ll be able to run it themselves up the middle in man coverage). I’ll never understand the “the reality worked, but the hypothetical would have been more impressive” take.

Overall, though, I still think he’s a class above even praise filled ex-QB’s like Simms.

Last edited by Chiefspants; Yesterday at 03:50 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #8
Spiraling down the Drain

Warner is spot on.
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM   #9
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I think he’s also impacted because Harbaugh gets weird Marty like yips in the playoffs. I know the Chiefs were daring the Ravens to pass, but just like I didn’t understand why Haley would abandon running with Charles when teams did that, I did not understand why Harbaugh had Lamar stand there and sling it against us in the Championship game. Lamar continually gets the Ravens to the playoffs with his legs, and multiple times, Harbaugh has abandoned that part of his game. That was exactly what we wanted and he gave it to us.

Warner provides my favorite QB analysis out of the QB analysis YouTubers, and I say that even though I think he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder when it comes to Patrick. He said things in the offseason like “Patrick has never had a good Super Bowl,” and that “Purdy clearly outplayed Patrick.” The latter is laughable, and the former is a bit weird when you see his breakdown of the Eagles game, which contained a lot of “Yeah, Patrick’s decision worked, but it’d have been better if he did X.” Brady also couches a lot of professional critiques like that about Mahomes, Allen, and Lamar’s games (Brady is not a fan about how all three won’t change a playcall at the line if they think they’ll be able to run it themselves up the middle in man coverage). I’ll never understand the “the reality worked, but the hypothetical would have been more impressive” take.

Overall, though, I still think he’s a class above even praise filled ex-QB’s like Simms.
It would be nice for Mahomes to have a truly kick ass performance in a Superbowl.

And hey I get it we have won multiple Superbowls...his clutch factor in the moment has been awesome.

But would love to watch him really light somebody up.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #10
YOU take YOUR seat

Lamaar is a good football player, I'm not going to say he isn't. But obviously isn't going to be able to do the things needed to win Superbowls. Maybe (maybe) if he were in the NFC but that's still questionable. He's had great teams around him for most of his time in the league.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #11
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
It would be nice for Mahomes to have a truly kick ass performance in a Superbowl.

And hey I get it we have won multiple Superbowls...his clutch factor in the moment has been awesome.

But would love to watch him really light somebody up.
I know it wasn’t sexy, but I thought he was masterful against the Eagles.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #12
Going home eventually

What a revelation.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.