Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2024, 02:45 AM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

Two Dudes Visiting KC For a Weekend

So my best buddy is gonna visit me in the heartland.

Lil background…. We both lived and worked in NYC for about 15 years in the film/tv industry. In that world, you run into a million faces, but you also run into many of the same faces and it becomes a very small world, of sorts.

Through so many shows, we became buddies. And we’ve actually probably become closer friends since we both left NYC. Him going to BC, me going back to Kansas.

He traveled to KC along with a couple other very close friends to KC in 2015 for the Astros series. We lost game one, won game two and the four of us had a great time, and they basically joined me on the trip simply to see me be happy about this unique event!

Fast forward a couple weeks, and it’s the Mets/Royals in the World Series. My buddy asks me, of all people, if I’d like to join him for Game 5. Buddy is a Mets fan. He could’ve asked a million other people. But he asked me. I was pretty overwhelmed. We had standing room tix, and watched the game as Matt Harvey carved up the Royals until our boys in blue tied it up in the 9th and then the rest is history.

So there’s some prologue…. Now we’re both nine years older, and we’re gonna try to be “kids” again. Taking in some weekend baseball, adult beverages, etc…

There’s a few spots I have in mind to check out, but I’d like to see some thoughts, suggestions from the locals.

I’m certain to get some easy bad jokes here, and I’m prepared, so if you’re gonna joke about two middle aged buddies seeing each other for the first time in about two years, at least make it good.

Otherwise, gimme some suggestions. Negro League HOF, Boulevard Brewery, Joe’s, Fiorella’s, Gates, Arthur Bryant’s is covered. Those are obvious.
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-09-2024, 12:27 PM   #61
Fight, build, win!

You and Gabe will surely have a romantic day at Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens. Then cap it off with a visit to Sidekicks Saloon on Main Street in midtown.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2024, 12:50 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
I’m going to get downthumbed because this place is full of the recently defined elderly, but you should skip Gates and AB’s and go somewhere that is actually good.
As divided as this place may be, I'd be surprised if even one person on this site disagrees with that statement.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 01:04 PM   #63
sorta mod-ish

Slap's BBQ in KCK. Right off of I-70 on Central.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 02:29 PM   #64
Veteran

Since you have film industry history, a bit of local film history to check out.

Kansas City had a film row, center of film distribution, for decades and some of the buildings are still there. I don't know of any official walking tours or anything but there is a map and history here if you are looking for a reason to walk around a little between meals.

https://flatlandkc.org/curiouskc/kan...-to-hollywood/

And the beautiful downtown library shows classic and other movies in the old bank vault. Pretty good experience, and in summer they show movies on the rooftop.

https://kclibrary.org/calendar/movie-china-syndrome
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 02:36 PM   #65
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Yeah, for great weather another good BBQ option is Woodyard BBQ. Lots of outside seating with a smoker right there on the deck. The burnt end chili is excellent.
I painted their big sign on the west wall. Excellent BBQ.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 02:37 PM   #66
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Chicken N Pickle in NKC, it has Pickleball courts, Shuffleboard, and Cornhole boards for activities to do. Also a nice selection of food.

https://chickennpickle.com/
I painted all their beer logos.

stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:04 PM   #67
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
What is considered middle age? When does that start?
And… When does middle age end?
Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:33 PM   #68
Starter

Sounds very gay
IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:52 PM   #69
Politically Incorrect

How about camping and fishing in the Ozarks?

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:38 PM   #70
Voodoo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
I’m going to get downthumbed because this place is full of the recently defined elderly, but you should skip Gates and AB’s and go somewhere that is actually good.
I’m not elderly yet and I agree with your assessment.
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:41 PM   #71
Voodoo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
How about camping and fishing in the Ozarks?

I think it’s more akin to the gay version of the Bridges of Madison County. Also, I know you aren’t really in tune with what’s happening in the Ozarks, but our cowboys aren’t that pretty.
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-09-2024, 06:14 PM   #72
I'll **** anything that moves!

Hahaha... jesus... so this turned out about how I expected. CP really knows how to deliver when there's low hanging fruit...

At any rate, I do appreciate some of the suggestions. I only mentioned Arthur Bryants and Gates because I know the reputation, I've been there before, and I've seen the decline. We won't be hitting those up. Though Joes and Fiorella's are always in play. Would like to explore a new bbq joint though, if anyone has a suggestion. Any good Indian, Thai, Italian or steakhouses that I don't know about?

Figured we'd go to the Negro Leauges museum, City Market, Boulevard Brewery and maybe the WWI Museum. But I like the idea of the whiskey suggestions. What are the better jazz clubs? I've heard there are some after hours joints that might be worth checking out.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. It's gonna be difficult making time for everything, between all the hedonistic gay sex, but hopefully we'll manage.
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-09-2024, 06:24 PM   #73
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
Hahaha... jesus... so this turned out about how I expected. CP really knows how to deliver when there's low hanging fruit...

At any rate, I do appreciate some of the suggestions. I only mentioned Arthur Bryants and Gates because I know the reputation, I've been there before, and I've seen the decline. We won't be hitting those up. Though Joes and Fiorella's are always in play. Would like to explore a new bbq joint though, if anyone has a suggestion. Any good Indian, Thai, Italian or steakhouses that I don't know about?

Figured we'd go to the Negro Leauges museum, City Market, Boulevard Brewery and maybe the WWI Museum. But I like the idea of the whiskey suggestions. What are the better jazz clubs? I've heard there are some after hours joints that might be worth checking out.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. It's gonna be difficult making time for everything, between all the hedonistic gay sex, but hopefully we'll manage.
Swagat at Zona Rosa has a killer Indian buffet for lunch. Baramee Thai downtown is delicious. Garozzo’s for Italian. The Green Lady Lounge (if you like a younger crowd), or the Black Dolphin (older crowd) for jazz. Or, eat in the basement at The Majestic and knock out a decent steak and great jazz all at the same time.
MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-09-2024, 06:24 PM   #74
'Stachecicle

Majestic Steakhouse doesn’t have THE best steak in town, but very good. Downtown with classic Jazz era ambiance.
trndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-09-2024, 07:34 PM   #75
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trndobrd View Post
Majestic Steakhouse doesn’t have THE best steak in town, but very good. Downtown with classic Jazz era ambiance.
So what's your suggestion for the best steak in town? I have never had a bad steak at Majestic I can't say that for a lot of steakhouses in the area.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.