Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:31 PM   #211
Veteran

Not a huge gun guy, but just bought a 9mm ruger , shot off a few boxes Sunday,kinda fun! Never had a nice gun like this,I might get hooked yet!
REDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-17-2016, 06:38 PM   #212
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDHOTGTO View Post
Not a huge gun guy, but just bought a 9mm ruger , shot off a few boxes Sunday,kinda fun! Never had a nice gun like this,I might get hooked yet!

Rugers are nice guns. I have a 22/45, a Single Six and a Redhawk. All good quality shooters that haven't given me a minutes worth of trouble.
Sensual Lardass is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSensual Lardass is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSensual Lardass is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSensual Lardass is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSensual Lardass is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSensual Lardass is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSensual Lardass is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSensual Lardass is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSensual Lardass is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSensual Lardass is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSensual Lardass is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #213
Roy E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munson View Post
Anybody hear about the Eotech fiasco? Basically, their products may not work as advertised, and are getting sued by the gov't. Here's a thread on AR15.com if you really want to read more about it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/181..._Products.html

And it turns out that Eotech is allowing anybody to return their holographic weapon sight for a full refund, plus $15 for shipping costs. I ended up filling out the form on Monday, got approved today (for the full amount that I paid for it last year), and will be shipping it back by the end of the week. It seems that some people are being asked for a copy of their original receipt, but they didn't ask for mine. Just be sure not to ask for more than MSRP, otherwise you might get denied.

If you want to return your Eotech red dot for a full refund, fill out this form:

http://www.eotechinc.com/return-auth...n-request-form

In the "description of failure" section, just write down that you want a refund of X amount of dollars. You don't even need to give a reason.
I posted about the EOTech fiasco back in early December, when they accepted all customer returns for a full refund of their holographic sights, no questions asked.

Well, I got my refund check today! Now I've got an extra $400 burning a hole in my pocket.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:46 PM   #214
**** SOC & **** YOU

9mm 135GR +P Hornady Critical Duty ammo. I bought 100 rounds for what amounts to .65 cents a shot including shipping.

http://www.bonefroggunclub.com/colle...ty-50rds-90235
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #215
Seeking the Truth daily

Going to pick up a new Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 this week, sold a few safe queens and gonna sell a couple more soon.
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #216
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_capone View Post
9mm 135GR +P Hornady Critical Duty ammo. I bought 100 rounds for what amounts to .65 cents a shot including shipping.

http://www.bonefroggunclub.com/colle...ty-50rds-90235
That's a good price. I've got these exact same round, right now, in my EDC.
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-12-2016, 06:05 PM   #217
Roy E.

Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:44 PM   #218
Mostly Ignored

For conceal carry the last few years, I've been switching between a tiny ruger LCP .380, an old bulky Ruger P90 .45, and a full size Kimber Crimson Trace .45.

I kinda wanted to revamp my conceal carry options, and get something in between the tiny LCP and the bulky P90. So, I went to the store the other day and bought a Springfield compact XD Mod 2 40 S&W and a compact Kimber 1911 Stainless Steel Ultra Raptor II.

I'll admit that the second one isn't all that practical as a conceal carry since it only carries (I believe) seven rounds, but I've always loved how the Raptors look, so I kinda had to have it. The Springfield is at home right now, but here's a pic of the Kimber Raptor.

TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:35 AM   #219
**** SOC & **** YOU

Still no steady source of bulk 22LR that isn't going for 10 cents a round?
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:12 AM   #220
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
For conceal carry the last few years, I've been switching between a tiny ruger LCP .380, an old bulky Ruger P90 .45, and a full size Kimber Crimson Trace .45.
Just picked up a Taurus 740 SLim yesterday for cheap. Had been looking at the Springfield. but the price was too good to pass up.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:57 AM   #221
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
Just picked up a Taurus 740 SLim yesterday for cheap. Had been looking at the Springfield. but the price was too good to pass up.
Not bad at all. Did it come with an extended magazine? The Springfield did, and I was certain I'd need it, but I fired without it yesterday, and it felt fine.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:12 AM   #222
Always ask 'Why?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_capone View Post
Still no steady source of bulk 22LR that isn't going for 10 cents a round?
Sure there is.

I have over 3K rounds and buy for friends frequently at 7 to 9 cents.

Set up a wikiarms alert for 22lr at 9 cents or less. When you get the alert, order right away.

I'm close (hour) to a Cabelas. So I order online and pick up locally to save the shipping cost.

Edit:

Typical example.....

Wikiarms Ammo Alerts
10:26 AM (8 minutes ago)

to me
22 LR
- [$0.08/rd] 1400 Rd (Bucket) - Remington Bucket O' Bullets .22 LR 36 Gr CPHP 1400 rounds

In Stock ammo from Ammomen LLC

Last edited by Trivers; 03-13-2016 at 11:09 AM..
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #223
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
Not bad at all. Did it come with an extended magazine? The Springfield did, and I was certain I'd need it, but I fired without it yesterday, and it felt fine.
It did not. Probably going to have to go drop another $20 on an extension.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:54 PM   #224
Always ask 'Why?"

Anybody have any .30 cal bullets they don't need anymore and want to sell?

Starting to get the hang of reloading 300 blackout and looking for more stuff. Converted brass is cheap; 1680 and H110 easy to find online.

BTW, progressive presses are not as nearly as hard to learn as people say. IF I can do it, anyone can do it. Calibrating the primer insert was the hardest part. Hornady LnL does not give feedback that the primer went in.

Last edited by Trivers; 03-13-2016 at 08:02 PM..
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:58 PM   #225
Always ask 'Why?"

Getting ready to sell a kidney as to pay for a .30 cal can.

Why are they $900?? Anyone have any recommendations or reviews?

Signing up for a Trust. Gotta figure out which online kit to buy.

thanks