Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2022, 10:28 AM  
Chiefs

Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-09-2023, 11:00 AM   #946
MVP

3 year deal worth 2.6m and none of it guaranteed. So if he turns out to have anything they will probably restructure that.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 02:38 PM   #947
Veteran

If he didn’t have an NFL skill set he would not still be here now whether or not he makes a difference is another matter. As the saying goes “everyone has the will to succeed not everyone has the will to put in the work to succeed “.
Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-09-2023, 02:59 PM   #948
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
The good thing is that he's 24.

But its just one of those things...if he doesn't blossom in the next yr or 2 it's probably never going to happen. And it wouldn't surprise me if he's cut after this training camp.

We'll see.
He just turned 23 in December actually.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-09-2023, 03:05 PM   #949
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
That wasn't my question. I was asking, for those that have seen more of this guy than I have, "does this guy have the other prerequisites other than speed to be a legit WR in the NFL?"
He's makes guys that are fast look... not fast. That's really all you need to know about him. That and his injury history makes Sammy Watkins look durable.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-09-2023, 03:07 PM   #950
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
3 year deal worth 2.6m and none of it guaranteed. So if he turns out to have anything they will probably restructure that.
My gosh that's cheap. That's just over 800k a year. How did Veach pull that off?
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-09-2023, 03:07 PM   #951
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
If he didn’t have an NFL skill set he would not still be here now whether or not he makes a difference is another matter. As the saying goes “everyone has the will to succeed not everyone has the will to put in the work to succeed “.
Ah, Freddie Mitchell, Braylon Edwards and Corradelle Patterson all say hi?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2023, 03:20 PM   #952
Veteran

Quote:
Ah, Freddie Mitchell, Braylon Edwards and Corradelle Patterson all say hi?
Yes hence the second half of my post there are more guys that don’t make it then there are that do
Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-09-2023, 03:28 PM   #953
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Yes hence the second half of my post there are more guys that don’t make it then there are that do
I got that. But some guys simply don't have NFL talent. CEH looked good in college, better than just good, apparently had the skillsets, but it didn't translate to the NFL, and it wasn't about his work ethic or football IQ.

Skyy is another example. I was sure his skillsets, in particular his route-running, would translate to the NFL, but when I was watching his tape I never even looked at his opponent DBs (weak competition) or the fact that they were always playing soft man, not press or zone. Then he becomes a Chief, and those become issues that seriously hold back his success as a WR in the NFL.

Physically Justyn looks like a NFL WR, and his tape suggests that he should be able to transition to the NFL, but we won't really know until he actually sets foot on a field in a real game. Games. And then after all that, we'll see if he can stay healthy.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 03:35 PM   #954
Veteran

Quote:
I got that. But some guys simply don't have NFL talent. CEH looked good in college, better than just good, apparently had the skillsets, but it didn't translate to the NFL, and it wasn't about his work ethic or football IQ.

Skyy is another example. I was sure his skillsets, in particular his route-running, would translate to the NFL, but when I was watching his tape I never even looked at his opponent DBs (weak competition) or the fact that they were always playing soft man, not press or zone. Then he becomes a Chief, and those become issues that seriously hold back his success as a WR in the NFL.

Physically Justyn looks like a NFL WR, and his tape suggests that he should be able to transition to the NFL, but we won't really know until he actually sets foot on a field in a real game. Games. And then after all that, we'll see if he can stay healthy.
I think the main problem with Skyy is Pat doesn’t seem to trust him they are usually out of sync and guessing from Pat’s reaction it’s on the rookie hopefully their work in Texas and another training camp will help.
Old 04-09-2023, 03:46 PM   #955
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Thanks, would he be an ERFA after that, or an RFA?
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-09-2023, 03:48 PM   #956
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
I think the main problem with Skyy is Pat doesn’t seem to trust him they are usually out of sync and guessing from Pat’s reaction it’s on the rookie hopefully their work in Texas and another training camp will help.
I think, and I haven't spent any time really analyzing Skyy, just during games, Skyy is essentially running 'paper' routes, and not adjusting the routes (particularly in zone) when necessary.

Take one of the INTs Pat threw at him very early in the season: Skyy ran the route almost as an over, rounding the break off pretty deep, which allowed the DB to jump the route as the ball arrived.

Chris Simms or Brett K. noted afterwards that Skyy should've snapped the route off right behind the LB and run straight down the 40-yd line as soon as he recognized zone coverage (I think it was the 40). If he'd done that, it was an easy catch for a 1st down. Instead, Skyy basically ran himself right into the DB. Common mistake with rook WRs.

Basically Skyy didn't understand how to adjust his route vs. zone.

And Skyy had trouble vs. press as well. He couldn't either use his footwork at the release or hand-fight off the DB sometimes (or both), which made him late to his spot, which again led to some misses.

But Pat also flat missed Skyy a few times as well. You could put a few down to the protection breaking down too fast, but there were a couple three where Pat just threw an inaccurate ball.

And Skyy isn't a big guy, he doesn't separate consistently, so Pat has pulled the ball down several times as well, that he might've pulled the trigger with a bigger receiver or a guy that separated better in the window.

The positive is that Skyy can work on most or all of that kind of thing. Working from the slot will help some as well.
Old 04-09-2023, 03:56 PM   #957
Veteran

Quote:
I think, and I haven't spent any time really analyzing Skyy, just during games, Skyy is essentially running 'paper' routes, and not adjusting the routes (particularly in zone) when necessary.

Take one of the INTs Pat threw at him very early in the season: Skyy ran the route almost as an over, rounding the break off pretty deep, which allowed the DB to jump the route as the ball arrived.

Chris Simms or Brett K. noted afterwards that Skyy should've snapped the route off right behind the LB and run straight down the 40-yd line as soon as he recognized zone coverage (I think it was the 40). If he'd done that, it was an easy catch for a 1st down. Instead, Skyy basically ran himself right into the DB. Common mistake with rook WRs.

And Skyy had trouble vs. press as well. He couldn't either use his footwork at the release or hand-fight off the DB sometimes (or both), which made him late to his spot, which again led to some misses.

But Pat also flat missed Skyy a few times as well. You could put a few down to the protection breaking down too fast, but there were a couple three where Pat just threw an inaccurate ball.

And Skyy isn't a big guy, he doesn't separate consistently, so Pat has pulled the ball down several times as well, that he might've pulled the trigger with a bigger receiver or a guy that separated better in the window.

The positive is that Skyy can work on most or all of that kind of thing. Working from the slot will help some as well.
Yeah I agree Skyy simply didn’t act like he knew what he was doing most of the time then every once in a while he would run a nice crisp route and get open and Pat would just miss him. Combine that with the muffed punts and I hope the stage is not just too big for him
Old 04-09-2023, 04:02 PM   #958
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Yeah I agree Skyy simply didn’t act like he knew what he was doing most of the time then every once in a while he would run a nice crisp route and get open and Pat would just miss him. Combine that with the muffed punts and I hope the stage is not just too big for him
Nah, I don't think it's the stage. He never looked down on himself or jittery (maybe the first couple games, but who wouldn't?). he always rebounded well it looked like. He was just more raw than I thought at the beginning. He'll sort things out. He'll be a decent WR in the NFL. Not special, but solid.
Old 04-09-2023, 05:39 PM   #959
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
The good thing is that he's 24.

But its just one of those things...if he doesn't blossom in the next yr or 2 it's probably never going to happen. And it wouldn't surprise me if he's cut after this training camp.

We'll see.
ya, starting to think there's a good chance he won't make the team. At first I was homering for that 1% chance he can become a star but let's be real here, that's so unlikely, especially after not playing for a couple of years.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2023, 06:50 PM   #960
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Quote:

Some WRs learn to see what their QBs see and some don't. We'll see definitely this next year.

BTW, Ross will be the "'Seabiscuit" of the WRs in the NFL in due time. I'm calling it now.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.