Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2024, 05:23 AM  
Starter

Chiefs WR Room for 2024

Depth chart looks like this - who gets cut?:

-Hollywood Brown

-Xavier Worthy

-Rashee Rice (when he gets back from suspension)

-Kadarius Toney

-Skyy Moore

-Justyn Watson

-Justin Ross

-etc.

Cutting Watson post June 1 would save about $2.5M. Trading Toney may also save us $2.5.

Last edited by SHOWTIME; 04-26-2024 at 06:05 AM..
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old 04-26-2024, 08:49 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
1. Brown
2. Rice
3. Worthy
4. Toney
5. Watson
6. Ross

Don't know about the financial implications but I don't think they need to carry more than 6, which leaves Moore as a camp cut IMO. Brings absolutely nothing.
Based on 2023, there's no reason Toney should be higher on the depth chart than Watson. Watson had a much more positive impact and made many clutch plays. If Toney didn't exist, we'd probably win two additional games in 2023.

Also, is Richie James officially not on the roster?
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 08:51 AM   #47
Pessimistically optimistic.

Absolutely crazy that we won a Super Bowl with a wide receiver room consisting of a rookie, a hit/miss deep-ball threat, and a few people plucked directly off the street.
MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:52 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
Based on 2023, there's no reason Toney should be higher on the depth chart than Watson. Watson had a much more positive impact and made many clutch plays. If Toney didn't exist, we'd probably win two additional games in 2023.

Also, is Richie James officially not on the roster?
I knew I was forgetting someone lmao. I've only put Toney there based on Reid's comments alluding to him being a #1 talent.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:53 AM   #49
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
I knew I was forgetting someone lmao. I've only put Toney there based on Reid's comments alluding to him being a #1 talent.
Don't blame you. I kept forgetting throughout the season that James or Ross were still on the team.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:53 AM   #50
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Imagine a line-up that includes the speed of Hollywood, Worthy and Toney… all on field during the same play… damn.

Yes that dream involves taking another leap of faith with Toney… but without the unrealistic expectations of him becoming a WR1 or WR2.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:55 AM   #51
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Our Alpha is a soon to be 35 year old TE drafted by the last gm. That’s fine but eventually we need to draft another.
Rashee Rice
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:57 AM   #52
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Rashee Rice
Maybe. He’s very good.

Needs to not be a knuckle head and I want to see development in the way he is used.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:00 AM   #53
It was not a fair catch

There will be another WR out their either from the draft or released that will a big pick up for us.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:33 AM   #54
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Worthy is EXCELLENT at tracking the deep ball. He has the occasional concentration drop like Rice/MVS but he's excellent at tracking the deep ball and positioning himself for the catch.
Like a Bizarro Mecole Hardman?
LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:01 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur View Post
Absolutely crazy that we won a Super Bowl with a wide receiver room consisting of a rookie, a hit/miss deep-ball threat, and a few people plucked directly off the street.
We talked about this during the season but in some ways it's not. Tom Brady never won a Super Bowl with Randy Moss but he won 3 of them in the 2010s, and he had Edelman and Gronk but even Gronk didn't play full seasons for most of those teams. Otherwise it was guys like Brandon Lafell and Chris Hogan who were the WRs. Most people couldn't name the WRs on those teams.

Same way people are going to look back and realize Mahomes had the most explosive WR in the league but has already won more Super Bowls without him. Just how it goes. In our case it let Veach build a top 5 defense.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 10:14 AM   #56
The man you could post like.

Moore and Ross are the ones that are gone. I don't think I've seen anyone in the organization talk up Moore for a long long time now. Not the case with Toney. And Ross is just completely worthless. I've always been baffled at the love that dude gets.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 10:23 AM   #57
In Search of a Life

I am curious if remigio can make a move this offseason. I think there’s a place for what they want skyy Moore to do, but since he’s not very good he doesn’t do it well. At least on paper remigio seems to do everything skyy does with a lot more upside to do it better
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 11:45 AM   #58
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Moore and Ross are the ones that are gone. I don't think I've seen anyone in the organization talk up Moore for a long long time now. Not the case with Toney. And Ross is just completely worthless. I've always been baffled at the love that dude gets.

I think I agree about Ross. The few times he was n the field he was consistently unable to create any separation. I mean, maybe and that’s a big ?, he just needed another year to get 100% healthy and this season he’ll have more burst. But otherwise forget it, he’s not a NFL-caliber WR. Replace him asap. Don’t n ed to waste a spot on a WR that is only adequate in 1 or 2 situations.

Moore is just not a NFL WR. His only positive attribute is he’s cheap.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 12:00 PM   #59
Hockey Town

The new kick return rule may save Kadarious Toney a roster spot.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 12:08 PM   #60
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The new kick return rule may save Kadarious Toney a roster spot.

I think KT is safe regardless. I mean, if you have to keep one of KT/Moore/Ross, is there really any other choice?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.