Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:27 PM   #1156
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Bump.

Most likely will be giving up DTV in the next few weeks. I have been a customer since 1997.

Will go with youtube tv and sunday ticket.

I am a little amazed that youtube has not reached out to sunday ticket customers-but I would guess DTV will not give it up.

I got an email.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:48 AM   #1157
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post

I got an email.
Mine may have gone into spam
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2023, 09:07 AM   #1158
MVP

I give DirecTV two years tops before they're defunct. 50% of their customers were only subscribing for Sunday Ticket. I dropped it once I figured out how easy it was to get free streams, but they're really screwed now.

My guess is them and Dish Network will have to merge to survive at some point.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 10:22 AM   #1159
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
I give DirecTV two years tops before they're defunct. 50% of their customers were only subscribing for Sunday Ticket. I dropped it once I figured out how easy it was to get free streams, but they're really screwed now.

My guess is them and Dish Network will have to merge to survive at some point.
https://www.nexttv.com/news/less-tha...%20discounting.

According to this, 23% of DTV subscribers had Sunday Ticket. Out of # that some will cancel and some will just switch over and pay youtube but keep directv.

I'd guess they lose 10-15% of their subscribers. Which might actually make them money compared to what they were paying the NFL (or what they would have had to pay to compete with Apple and Amazon). I'm sure they did the math and came to that conclusion.

DTV was very profitable before AT&T bought them. Their overhead is low compared to the fees they bring in.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2023, 10:33 AM   #1160
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan View Post
We're getting ready to switch to YouTube TV as well. We've been DirecTV customers for twenty years or so.
Same. Just switched a week ago. It's easier to search for channels on DirecTV but that is the only comment I have. The product isn't really that different. It's nice to have NFL Network again. It's not included in DirecTV Stream.
Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-05-2023, 11:37 AM   #1161
MVP

Every time I see this thread bumped I think of this Sunday ticket commercial

https://youtu.be/ISIXZawORno
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-26-2023, 08:46 AM   #1162
It was not a fair catch

Directv ended today. The day I cannot see the game. I will find it.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2023, 08:50 AM   #1163
Fish are scared of me

I got the youtube version of NFL sunday ticket but can't figure out how to get it to my smart TV. The opener against Detroit is on NBC but my DTV is in an agreement dispute. It's all ****ing annoying. Making it difficult to even watch a damn football game
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2023, 08:54 AM   #1164
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Directv ended today. The day I cannot see the game. I will find it.
NFL+ dude I'm telling you. $14.99/month. You can watch any game from the last 12 years whenever you want.

Regional games are on live and if you can't see it then the replay is loaded 30 mins after the game is over.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:07 AM   #1165
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I got the youtube version of NFL sunday ticket but can't figure out how to get it to my smart TV. The opener against Detroit is on NBC but my DTV is in an agreement dispute. It's all ****ing annoying. Making it difficult to even watch a damn football game
You have to get the app on your tv. Or have the bandwidth to send it to your tv via your phone. It should prompt you to "pair" it with your TV.

Personally, I'd just get the app on your TV.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:09 AM   #1166
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
NFL+ dude I'm telling you. $14.99/month. You can watch any game from the last 12 years whenever you want.

Regional games are on live and if you can't see it then the replay is loaded 30 mins after the game is over.
I’ve thought about just doing this. Does it drive you crazy not watching some Chiefs game live? Guessing the replay has no commercials?
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:47 AM   #1167
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:

This is the route I took, and so far so good. Most of the games are in the Dallas market anyway, or in prime time. We’ll keep an eye on how things progress during the season. I can see it’s infinitely cheaper than my previous package with DirecTV.
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:49 AM   #1168
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
I’ve thought about just doing this. Does it drive you crazy not watching some Chiefs game live? Guessing the replay has no commercials?
The replays have a condensed version, but I haven’t really checked it out yet. I am sick of the NFL plus logo though, just to be clear.
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-26-2023, 01:52 PM   #1169
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:

Humm. That makes it much more appealing. I had thought that none of the replays were available until 30 minutes after the conclusion of the Sunday night game.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-26-2023, 02:11 PM   #1170
It was not a fair catch

8 Chiefs games are on unopposed.
Most others are not against Vikes games here.
I have tix to the Vikes game
So I am guessing at least 15 will be on locally one way or another. I can stream the ones I cannot get.

I just saved 230 or so a month by dropping DTV. I will not get sunday ticket this year. Another 350 or so saved.

I will need a firestick for one tv.

I can get locals with a paper clip in the antenna port.

It will just be weird for a while.