Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2024, 01:41 PM  
MVP

Which team had the best draft?

Which team do you think had the best draft?

...Hate to say it but I like what MIA did this draft.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-28-2024, 05:02 PM   #2
MVP

People say a lot of bad about Buffalo trading out and handing us Worthy but they had a really good draft in my opinion.

I thought Tampa had a nice draft.

Steelers had a solid one.

I liked what Cleveland did with limited picks.

Overall though, I have to say I can't put one above ours. Veach was masterful.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 05:07 PM   #3
Most Valuable Villain

Cardinals was pretty good as well.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 05:46 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

The Bears are the easy choice, but that's mostly because they had the #1 and #9 overall picks. I liked the Amegadjie pick too though.

Unfortunately for the Bears and everybody in it, I thought the entire NFCN got a lot better. That division could be really tough.

Agree with Pest that the Cardinals had a really good draft too.

I thought the Eagles and Dolphins were very good as well. Steelers and Ravens were rock solid per usual. Bengals were solid too.

Considering the Chiefs were picking last, it's really hard to top what we did.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:03 PM   #5
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
The Bears are the easy choice, but that's mostly because they had the #1 and #9 overall picks. I liked the Amegadjie pick too though.

Unfortunately for the Bears and everybody in it, I thought the entire NFCN got a lot better. That division could be really tough.

I thought the Eagles and Dolphins were very good as well. Steelers and Ravens were rock solid per usual. Bengals were solid too.

I liked the Cardinals draft but that was because I am used to them doing insanely stupid things.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:28 PM   #6
MVP

ESPN:

What was your favorite pick of the entire draft?

Reid: Kingsley Suamataia, OT, to the Chiefs (No. 63). I'm going with an under-the-radar move here. In the aforementioned deep offensive tackle class, Suamataia got a bit lost in the shuffle. But he ultimately landed in the perfect spot in Kansas City. The Chiefs have a huge need at left tackle, and they don't shy away from playing offensive linemen early; they saw near-immediate success from Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith on the interior. So, Suamataia has the potential to contribute as a rookie. He has exciting traits, including lower-half suddenness, and certainly could develop into a dependable starter.

Make your early call for Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Miller: Xavier Worthy, WR, Chiefs (No. 28). Give Patrick Mahomes the fastest player in the history of the combine, and good things are going to happen. Tight end Travis Kelce is going to get the lion's share of the targets, and Rashee Rice and Marquise Brown will be factors, but Worthy is guaranteed to get multiple deep shots per game while also impacting the game on slip and bubble screens. I don't expect him to lead the Chiefs in targets or catches, but he might lead the team in yards and touchdowns.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 08:41 AM   #7
MVP

Oddly looking it over I don't think any team really bombed the draft like an F level grade. Ill have to dig deeper. San Fran made some reaches in the first two but I still like the player they got. They will contribute in the well oiled machine they've got there.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:42 AM   #8
Mahomes > God

Best drafts:

Pittsburgh
L.A. Chargers
Chicago
Kansas City
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:46 AM   #9
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Oddly looking it over I don't think any team really bombed the draft like an F level grade. Ill have to dig deeper. San Fran made some reaches in the first two but I still like the player they got. They will contribute in the well oiled machine they've got there.
The Falcons with Penix was iffy but if you squint you can see it.

But man, giving up a 3rd to get up for Ruke when they had so many needs and really didn't need to seem to move up for him was awfully strange to me.

And the Broncos took Nix.

That's a couple F drafts or damn close to it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 08:57 AM   #10
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

A lot of these teams with great starts still have head-scratchers in there.

The Eagles draft just really meandered after their two great picks to start things off.

The Bears took a 4th round punter in a year they lacked 3rd day capital and a guy in Booker that I just don't see sticking.

I think the Cardinals should've taken a bigger swing at pick 27 and it felt early for both Adams and Reiman (their Illinois picks) - didn't feel like either guy was a 3rd rounder. I like Reiman but in the 3rd round when Wiley goes late 4? That's just a miss, IMO.

The Bills banked some nice additional capital but their whole draft looks based on floor to me.

In Baltimore I don't get the Rosengarten thing at all but evidently I was alone there. Getting Isaac and Tampa where they did is awfully slick though they wasted on a pick on a clear bust and probable violent criminal in Devontez Walker. That guy's obviously a no-talent ass clown.

I do like Miami's draft quite a bit (but why y'all gotta steal Wright from us? Dicks - you have Achane)

If Maye is even an above average QB then I think NE might have a nice argument as the best draft in the league. It's REALLY good, IMO.

Bengals were annoyingly steady with their picks. Just the kind of stuff that you'd expect to see from a competent front office. That makes me sad. But you guys put Jermaine Burton into a volatile lockerroom so...have fun with that.

Steelers killed in as Steelers a way possible. Probably my favorite team/player draft.

So to answer the question - the Steelers had the best non-Chiefs draft, IMO. If I include the Chiefs as well...damn guys, they have a REALLY good argument.

It's them and Pitt at the top of the heap, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:03 AM   #11
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

The Eagles draft just really meandered after their two great picks to start things off.

The Bears took a 4th round punter in a year they lacked 3rd day capital and a guy in Booker that I just don't see sticking.

I think the Cardinals should've taken a bigger swing at pick 27 and it felt early for both Adams and Reiman (their Illinois picks) - didn't feel like either guy was a 3rd rounder. I like Reiman but in the 3rd round when Wiley goes late 4? That's just a miss, IMO.

The Bills banked some nice additional capital but their whole draft looks based on floor to me.

In Baltimore I don't get the Rosengarten thing at all but evidently I was alone there. Getting Isaac and Tampa where they did is awfully slick though they wasted on a pick on a clear bust and probable violent criminal in Devontez Walker. That guy's obviously a no-talent ass clown.

I do like Miami's draft quite a bit (but why y'all gotta steal Wright from us? Dicks - you have Achane)

If Maye is even an above average QB then I think NE might have a nice argument as the best draft in the league. It's REALLY good, IMO.

Bengals were annoyingly steady with their picks. Just the kind of stuff that you'd expect to see from a competent front office. That makes me sad. But you guys put Jermaine Burton into a volatile lockerroom so...have fun with that.

Steelers killed in as Steelers a way possible. Probably my favorite team/player draft.

So to answer the question - the Steelers had the best non-Chiefs draft, IMO. If I include the Chiefs as well...damn guys, they have a REALLY good argument.

I don't get Rosengarten, either. He was a problem against Texas for Washington. Maybe they see him at G or something.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:12 AM   #12
Mahomes > God

Quote:

Cincy's draft feels very boom or bust to me...like if Mims and Burton hit, yeah it's great but if not....yeesh.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:36 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
The Falcons with Penix was iffy but if you squint you can see it.

But man, giving up a 3rd to get up for Ruke when they had so many needs and really didn't need to seem to move up for him was awfully strange to me.

And the Broncos took Nix.

That's a couple F drafts or damn close to it.
The Falcons mismanaged assets in my opinion. But like you said you squint. Wasn't Newton on the board when they took Ruke?

Broncos kind of redeem a little getting Franklin where they did.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:36 AM   #14
Andy Reid Supporter

The Commanders cleaned up nicely, though I have no idea why they didn’t take a tackle. They came away with a lot of guys who will play immediately and were highly thought of.

Jayden Daniels was obvious but Newton, Sainristil and Sinnott will all start or play a lot of snaps early for them. Also think Coleman was a really nice G prospect who will likely start. You’d also think McCaffrey will get a shot at WR3 in camp.

The Jags cleaned up nicely too. BTJ was obvious but Masson Smith is the same size and moves like Chris Jones. Even if he’s diet Chris Jones there’s still value there. Jarrion Jones was a favorite of mine so I’m biased. Foster is a nice swing tackle too.

Rams draft was very underrated. Love their first 2 picks. Brennan Jackson was a very productive underrated DE that they got on day 3.

Hard for me to not applaud Howie Roseman. Addressed major needs early, got Shipley and I loved Jalyx Hunt. Credit needs to be given to Howie for taking advantage of other teams being desperate gaining a 3rd, 4th and 5th in 2025. That was very crafty by Howie.

Denver reached hard for Nix and the Bengals drafted broke dicks in Mims and All with 2 of their first 5 picks. Didn’t love that. Bills had the worst draft IMO
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:15 AM   #15
MVP

I dunno, I thought Denver had the best draft of our division rivals. I like Nix though so that makes a difference. I think he was the 2nd best QB prospect in this draft and I feel like he's the most pro-ready. He also fits Payton's offense to a T.

Franklin in the 4th and Abrams-Draine in the 5th were highway robberies. Ellis looks good as a 3-4 OLB. Estime is a ****ing hammer that they needed. Gargiulo was criminally underrated as well IMO. I dunno, I thought they did great.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.