Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2024, 07:35 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Buying a new pickup

Im in the market to buy a new pickup. Ive looked at everything I can study and have settled in on what I want. Ive used the build sites to choose options and what not. Now it time to actually talk to a dealer.

Ive never bought online or over the phone and that seems like a way to go so I dont have to deal with smarmy salesmen and sales managers and deal closers bullshit.

Looking for any experiences good, bad, what to do not do? It will have to be ordered as I have not found any in inventory anywhere that is what I want

Its a GMC 1/2 ton loaded up outfit, no financing, will pay cash
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:18 PM   #61
Born with Bad Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
Ive been hearing that 2024 is going to be horrible for Dealers. Life is getting very tough on them right now with high interest rates and lending drying up for consumers and especially for dealers themselves.

Dealers generally "float" their inventory with Lenders but that is becoming more difficult as lenders are finding this practice way to risky and less of them are willing to play this game.

Unless you need the Truck right now, waiting until further into the year could be HUGE savings for you. Buyers like you (cash) will have all the leverage!
This thread got me looking at what’s out there, and I noticed that prices are starting to walk back from where they had been. I found the exact model I would want (AT4 with the 6.2) for around $67k, so I might look into doing something later this year.

At this point, it’s definitely a want versus a need, so it’s easy to keep my cash in my pocket.
RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 02:10 PM   #62
Veteran

Salesman right here. Ford dealership. I don't know the GM/Chevy incentives that are going right now but check it out. It's really your only chance at getting a "good deal." The internet really changed everything. Every dealerships best price is out there for everyone to see. Walking into a dealership and negiotating $5,000 off the asking price just isn't a thing anymore. Especially if you're paying cash. We(dealerships) have no incentive to make you a better deal because you're paying cash. It's actually worse for us.

Last edited by KCJake; 02-19-2024 at 02:43 PM..
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:28 PM   #63
Born with Bad Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
You will find that paying cash won’t get the best price, I had to finance and sign saying I wouldn’t pay it off till after 6 months.
My dad had to do something like that when he bought one of his Fords. Went in ready to write a check, and got a better deal going that route. Since it was a favorable rate with no penalty for early payoff after that point, he just waited until the period had passed, and he wrote his check then.

He likes trading for the heck of it every few years, and even though I’m partial to GMC’s, I’ll say that his 2023 F-150 Lariat is pretty nice.
RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:33 PM   #64
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

better get that 3500 HD edition, you don't want to be at the light and have someone looking down on your little truck do you
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:36 PM   #65
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
You will find that paying cash won’t get the best price, I had to finance and sign saying I wouldn’t pay it off till after 6 months.
Hate that but if thsts the game I will play
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:40 PM   #66
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
better get that 3500 HD edition, you don't want to be at the light and have someone looking down on your little truck do you
**** that. Those half tons ride like a friggin dream.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 06:31 AM   #67
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post

got a HD 2500.
Old 02-20-2024, 07:28 AM   #68
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
got a HD 2500.
Nice.

They are good trucks.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 07:43 AM   #69
Can these boys not play?

Got a Silverado 2500 about a year ago. Custom line, non-white... had to fly from central Florida to Austin to get one. Crazy. Still, quite a bit of truck for $67k. Need it for dragging my tractor around and other construction equipment.

Now looking for an electric vehicle for the wife, and to save gas.
ChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-20-2024, 09:41 AM   #70
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Toyota Tundra!

They’ll last longer than any truck and it’s not even debatable.
Toyotas are definitely quality autos that will last forever. You also pay a premium for that. Still, their styling has always been "meh" in my eyes.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 09:47 AM   #71
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I don't know why people are so terrified of dealers.

They pull out the 4 square and I proceed to tell them thanks and wear them down on all 4 squares until I see what I like or I leave. Easy.

The scum dealers you will figure out in the first ten minutes and walk out.
What does this mean?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:01 AM   #72
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Hate dealer games. One i did talk to wouldnt give me a $ till I gave them 500 buks to prove i was serious.
What the heck?

Can you explain this further? What do you mean they wouldn't give you $? Why would they give you $?
Old 02-20-2024, 10:46 AM   #73
Just Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
What does this mean?
Do you research for salesman 4 square approach. It is a slimy tactic they use to get you into a car.
Renegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-20-2024, 11:24 AM   #74
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Do you research for salesman 4 square approach. It is a slimy tactic they use to get you into a car.

I wouldn't say that it's slimy. They're looking out for themselves. You should look our for yourself. It's just a back and forth. Be strong willed, educated, and not desperate and you'll be fine.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:47 PM   #75
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Ah, ok. I've found some stuff online about that. It's been awhile since I bought a car but yeah, I always ask for the price of the car first before anything else. I have known for a long time that sales people will always try to get you to give them a payment you want and your trade in. I always say let's settle on a price first and then we'll see if those other things are an option. Of course, it always helps to have your financing set up prior to going to buy a car. I guess I didn't realize they had a name and it was an actual tactic.

Here is something I just found while researching that 4 square method. This is basic info but I think a lot of people don't know how to do this (or are afraid to try).