Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2020, 04:09 PM  
MVP

FedEx asks Redskins to change name

Here we go. I think part of the reason we’ve been safe from this kind of stuff is because the Redskins have always been a bigger target. Now that there’s pressure from sponsors Snyder is going to feel the heat like never before.

If they go down, make no mistake, the mob will come for us next.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:37 AM   #466
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post

Speaking of branding, when the Redskins are have the company of : Lions, Eagles, Bears Bills Titans Giants etc..all names of power and prestige...I find it hard to be considered a slight or negative image.
I get what you are saying here. When I envision "redskin", I think football, then I think of some badass warrior fighting off asshole colonists. It's taken on quite the honorable connotation I think.

But I'm not them, so whatever.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:39 AM   #467
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

The Washington pigskin pumpers
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #468
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
pretty much
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:43 AM   #469
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Same here.

....it won't be the same, though.

Speaking of branding, when the Redskins are have the company of : Lions, Eagles, Bears Bills Titans Giants etc..all names of power and prestige...I find it hard to be considered a slight or negative image.
Quote:
I get what you are saying here. When I envision "redskin", I think football, then I think of some badass warrior fighting off asshole colonists. It's taken on quite the honorable connotation I think.

I mentioned this somewhere in the discussion, but if we step back and look at things in the big picture, team names are by definition an honor. When you name a team, you're borrowing the mascot's attributes that you want people to associate with you. Brave, strong, ferocious, tenacious, whatever. You're not going to name a team after something that you view as a negative.

So people can get offended however they want, and certainly there's a potential for different people to perceive names differently. But they simply can't argue that a team name is intentionally an insult.

(This ignores the Boaty McBoatface possibility such as the Santa Cruz Banana Slugs, but that's an outlier.)
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:48 AM   #470
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
Nope

It will be the Cleveland Indians then either the Chiefs or Braves.

I was being half-sarcastic. Point I was making was nothing is immune to this approach these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:49 AM   #471
Be Kind To Your Pets

How bout calling them the D.C. "Awakened Caucasians" or DC/AC?
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:51 AM   #472
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
I was being half-sarcastic. Point I was making was nothing is immune to this approach these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I know. I got your point. I was just being serious about my response. That's the only reason I actually care about the Redskins issue - eventually it will be the Chiefs issue.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:53 AM   #473
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
If advertisers do the same thing with the Chiefs, I'll bet they'll be satisfied enough with a logo change and a stadium policy of people not wearing headdresses and all that. And if they do go the whole nine yards and demand a name change, I guess I'll be watching Patrick Mahomes throw TDs and win Super Bowls for the Kansas City Whatevers instead of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Yeah, if forced by advertisers, get rid of the Arrowhead part of the logo. Rename the stadium Lamar Hunt stadium wouldn't be so bad as a fan.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:54 AM   #474
Died Hard

really looking forward to the day Monday Night Rehabilitation premieres
Ghost of Maslowski would the whole thing.Ghost of Maslowski would the whole thing.Ghost of Maslowski would the whole thing.Ghost of Maslowski would the whole thing.Ghost of Maslowski would the whole thing.Ghost of Maslowski would the whole thing.Ghost of Maslowski would the whole thing.Ghost of Maslowski would the whole thing.Ghost of Maslowski would the whole thing.Ghost of Maslowski would the whole thing.Ghost of Maslowski would the whole thing.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:54 AM   #475
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I mentioned this somewhere in the discussion, but if we step back and look at things in the big picture, team names are by definition an honor. When you name a team, you're borrowing the mascot's attributes that you want people to associate with you. Brave, strong, ferocious, tenacious, whatever. You're not going to name a team after something that you view as a negative.

So people can get offended however they want, and certainly there's a potential for different people to perceive names differently. But they simply can't argue that a team name is intentionally an insult.

(This ignores the Boaty McBoatface possibility such as the Santa Cruz Banana Slugs, but that's an outlier.)
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:54 AM   #476
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Yeah, get rid of the Arrowhead part of the logo. Rename the stadium Lamar Hunt stadium wouldn't be so bad as a fan.
Native Americans have a monopoly on arrowheads now?
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #477
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Again, it's less about the words than about how they've been used. No one is targeting Arrowhead Water because they haven't historically used a bunch of Native American imagery. The Chiefs have, and that's why it's "on the radar."
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:59 AM   #478
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post

Context doesn't matter anymore.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:04 PM   #479
best in the biz

Quote:
meanwhile, white people created football, see how silly it gets when you keep playing it out?
Old 07-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #480
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
meanwhile, white people created football, see how silly it gets when you keep playing it out?
It's already gotten beyond silly. They banned an episode of Golden Girls for ****s sake. Because the girls were getting a mud facial treatment at a spa and it caused an awkward misunderstanding with a black woman who wasn't wearing her glasses. It was funny but now it's racist somehow because "DUR DATS BLACKFACE!!@!! BAN IT!!"
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote