Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2020, 04:09 PM  
MVP

FedEx asks Redskins to change name

Here we go. I think part of the reason we’ve been safe from this kind of stuff is because the Redskins have always been a bigger target. Now that there’s pressure from sponsors Snyder is going to feel the heat like never before.

If they go down, make no mistake, the mob will come for us next.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:51 PM   #331
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

****. Chiefs are next...book it.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:52 PM   #332
It was not a fair catch

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Hail...d_click&f=live
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:52 PM   #333
It was not a fair catch

I wanted a Chiefs/Redskins Superbowl
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:00 PM   #334
MVP

Here's what I don't understand:

What is the difference between "Chiefs" and "Redtails"? which is the name that every woke sportswriter wants the Redskins to adopt.

Chiefs is an honorary term for Native Americans (really it's just a leadership position that has nothing to do with natives but that's beside the point). Redtails is an honorary term for a group of black fighter pilots in WWII.

I thought the whole point of scrapping all Native themed nicknames is because we don't want people to be mascots. In particular, an oppressed group of people being mascots.

But isn't that exactly what "Redtails" would be? Making an oppressed group of people a mascot?

Someone please help me understand the difference.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:02 PM   #335
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post

What is the difference between "Chiefs" and "Redtails"? which is the name that every woke sportswriter wants the Redskins to adopt.

Chiefs is an honorary term for Native Americans (really it's just a leadership position that has nothing to do with natives but that's beside the point). Redtails is an honorary term for a group of black fighter pilots in WWII.

I thought the whole point of scrapping all Native themed nicknames is because we don't want people to be mascots. In particular, an oppressed group of people being mascots.

But isn't that exactly what "Redtails" would be? Making an oppressed group of people a mascot?

If you have to ask, you are not...you know..."woke"...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:05 PM   #336
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:

This thread is no place for logic.

But yeah, you're exactly right. Both names are intended to honor a group. Maybe one difference is that you can get some sort of official seal of approval for Redtails, though I'm not sure how that would work. Would every man in that unit have to approve it? Would the military? What if someone changes their mind later, or says that they felt pressured to endorse it.

I think there's no chance that it'll be Redtails for this reason and others. In the modern world, you simply don't name your team after any humans. There's always a way to criticize humans. Plus, it's also not a good name at all.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:08 PM   #337
Supporter

Quote:

The Red Tails were America's first Black squadron in World War II, the Tuskegee Airmen, so if that was chosen to be their new mascot, not only would they be honoring those airmen but they wouldn't necessarily need to change their team colors, either.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:08 PM   #338
Kind of a mod

Quote:

Sometimes it's not the words themselves so much as how they've been used. My assumption is that they'd use Red tails to refer to the hawk, and any allusion to WWII would be coincidental. Similarly Chiefs would be fine if it weren't for the past 50 years of native American imagery.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:08 PM   #339
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
If you have to ask, you are not...you know..."woke"...
No, you're uninformed. Again.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:10 PM   #340
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The Red Tails were America's first Black squadron in World War II, the Tuskegee Airmen, so if that was chosen to be their new mascot, not only would they be honoring those airmen but they wouldn't necessarily need to change their team colors, either.
So per his point they're going to take an occupational group specific to minorities and use them as the mascot. Just like Chiefs.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:11 PM   #341
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Sometimes it's not the words themselves so much as how they've been used. My assumption is that they'd use Red tails to refer to the hawk, and any allusion to WWII would be coincidental. Similarly Chiefs would be fine if it weren't for the past 50 years of native American imagery.
Hawks. Yet more hawks. Just like the University of North Dakota. Did they hire that same consulting firm?

Future archaeologists will dig up old sports scores and assume that Americans worshiped hawks as a deity. And they will not know that ermines ever existed.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:11 PM   #342
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I don't know about that, man. Some of the current players are championing that name because it honors the Tuskegee Airman and since 70% of NFL players are Black, I doubt you'd find anyone that would be against that as their mascot.

In addition to that, 47% of DC is Black.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:14 PM   #343
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Hawks. Yet more hawks. Just like the University of North Dakota. Did they hire that same consulting firm?

Future archaeologists will dig up old sports scores and assume that Americans worshiped hawks as a deity. And they will not know that ermines ever existed.
If they go that route.....puke. Hawks and Eagles in same division.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:15 PM   #344
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
So per his point they're going to take an occupational group specific to minorities and use them as the mascot. Just like Chiefs.
I don't see that as similar in any way.

The Red Tails/Tuskegee Airman are a source of pride for the Black community and their stories are still being told today. There have been documentaries and even "traveling shows" about that unit and its men, in addition to feature films.

Conversely, Native Americans don't exactly feel the same way about the name "Chiefs" and its imagery.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:15 PM   #345
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
No, you're uninformed. Again.
OK. So Redtails is an honorary title.

Chiefs is somehow derogatory, even though the team has gone out of it's way to honor tribes in the area and have never intentionally run down Native Americans.

I say the Chiefs organization has indeed used the name as a honorary name of their team. No different than "Red Tails".

I'm sure you will still think I'm "uniformed...again"...whatever that means.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote