Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-06-2020, 04:48 PM  
MVP

Backup QB

What do you think the Chiefs will do at QB behind Mahomes?

Retain a vet?
Draft a guy in the mid rounds?

I like Washington State's Anthony Gordon in 4 if they go that route.

I do think they go with a vet though and probably re-sign Moore cheap.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:05 PM   #2
Future NBA Finals MVP

Matt Moore is just too old to retain IMO. He's going to be 36. Need to find another option. One more year of Moore isn't the end of the world, but we need a plan in place.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:11 PM   #3
Veteran

Kyle Shurmer.
They just signed him to a futures contract.
bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
Starter

I don't think we waste any draft capitol on a QB until after the new CBA.

I've heard that they may introduce a separate QB cap. If that's the case, I think we coast until that is resolved so we know what we're working with.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:29 PM   #5
MVP

why not bring back Moore? It's not like the back-up needs to be a "back-up of the future".

So what if he's 36?

He played well. He's a smart guy. He's part of the chemistry, he and Mahomes have a rapport, there's no reason not to.

Hell, he'll probably be an offensive assistant coach here in a couple of years.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:59 PM   #6
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
why not bring back Moore? It's not like the back-up needs to be a "back-up of the future".

So what if he's 36?

He played well. He's a smart guy. He's part of the chemistry, he and Mahomes have a rapport, there's no reason not to.

I like this.

I wonder if he'd be a future quarterback coach for Mahomes?
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Matt Moore is just too old to retain IMO. He's going to be 36. Need to find another option. One more year of Moore isn't the end of the world, but we need a plan in place.
HEY MOTHER****ER! I'm 36.

Yep. Too old.

Quote:

So what if he's 36?

I'll have faith in whatever they do. I was no Matt Moore fan, but he pretty much saved the season. If they dump him his heart won't be in it or his arm will be dead.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #8
Facts are stubborn things.

Henne? Did I miss something re: him as an option?
warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:22 AM   #9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
Probably costs 4-5m
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:27 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
He's an option, but both he and Moore are free agents
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:16 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
He's an option, but both he and Moore are free agents
Moore will be cheaper.

He was also already entering coaching. Where better to stay for him than under Andy Reid?

He played well in relief. He's part of this team's chemistry.

I think Moore could stay here a year or two more, and then move into the coaching staff as that's clearly where he was heading already.

I think bringing Moore back is a no-brainer.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:46 PM   #12
Veteran

Two takes -

Old and cautious approach - Re-sign Chad Henne or Matt Moore. Henne's cap figure was $2,600,000 in 2018 and $4,100,000 in 2019. QBs that are good are going to require larger contracts to bring in. Like 2019, this approach may give us greater odds of winning if Patrick is out for a few games. Can still have a young PS QB.

Go younger and cheaper - Kyle Shurmur already signed to a futures contract. Draft QB in 4th or 5th round and/or sign CFA QB. This has the allure of developing and trading like New England did at least a couple of times. I have not looked at QBs enough to determine who might be a possibility for Chiefs. If Chiefs go this route it saves some money, but it is more dangerous in hoping a young QB can hold the fort.

I would also like the Chiefs to bring in QB Tyree Jackson to see what he can do. Buffalo Bills signed him last year but currently in XFL competing with Cardale Jones to play QB for the DC Defenders. He is still only 22 years old. He is 6-7, 250 and ran a 4.59 40. In college at Buffalo in 3 seasons, he threw for 6,999 yards, 49 TDs and ran for 757 yards and 16 TDs. If he does not work out as a QB, maybe TE, or another offensive weapon for the Chiefs.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:01 PM   #13
MVP

I think bringing in kids is great to compete, and if they beat out Moore then that's fantastic.

You KNOW Moore can hold the fort.

I don't have any earthly idea why you wouldn't bring him back.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:18 PM   #14
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

So what if he's 36?

I like the idea of bringing back Moore, if he's interested. He's proven himself on the field against some solid teams.

And it's not like we're in need of finding another young QB prospect any time soon. The only point to that would be using them as capital if they pan out at all.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:58 AM   #15
Supporter

I don’t necessarily hate the idea of a Mariota if he comes in the neighborhood of vet min.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.