Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2020, 12:11 AM  
I'll be back.

****OFFICIAL Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl LIV Game Thread****

Let’s do this shit.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:26 AM   #4111
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I appreciate seeing people over 50 celebrate, because we had a really long walk through the desert to get there.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:33 AM   #4112
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I appreciate seeing people over 50 celebrate, because we had a really long walk through the desert to get there.
Amen brother... I barely remember the 1st one but this one is etched in my memory banks forever...
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:01 AM   #4113
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Lol I was yelling at Williams to get down the whole time after he got the first. Everyone else at my party was cheering though.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:04 AM   #4114
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Lol I was yelling at Williams to get down the whole time after he got the first. Everyone else at my party was cheering though.
I was happy he scored in hindsight, Shanny Jr. had enough timeouts to still give the Chiefs a bit of a headache before time expired.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:08 AM   #4115
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
That was the greatest moment of my football life. At that moment, I knew it was finally, finally ours.
Same.
when they went out for that drive, i was just like "just get 4 yards; then another, then a 1st down etc. Just get positive yards and eat the clock".

when Williams turned that corner, and I just fell to my knees because it for sure over. on my knees watching him run into the endzone etc; my wife is yelling her head off celebrating, and I'm just kneeling there...staring at the tv, silent.

after a few seconds, I went into full celebration mode. but for those few seconds....was like I was frozen in time. after celebrating, and just waiting for the game to end I sat down and pretty much cried lol. ALL of the memories of going to games, tailgating,enduring the cold,, finding ways to lose, not throwing a td to a WR for like 2 years, choking in spectacular record setting ways in the playoffs; endless line of average QBs in here; season after season after season
of football disappointment my entire life...man. It was awwesome.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:12 AM   #4116
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I was happy he scored in hindsight, Shanny Jr. had enough timeouts to still give the Chiefs a bit of a headache before time expired.
Haha, that's me to a T.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:14 AM   #4117
In Search of a Life

Quote:
The difference is the clock would be running the whole time we're sitting on first down.

When we got the ball back after the INT thee were only 3 times we could run the clock - after first, second, and third.

In this case if Williams goes down in bounds - there would be 4 times - after getting the first, after running on first, after running on second, and after running on third. Game over. I think.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:15 AM   #4118
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
Same.
when they went out for that drive, i was just like "just get 4 yards; then another, then a 1st down etc. Just get positive yards and eat the clock".

when Williams turned that corner, and I just fell to my knees because it for sure over. on my knees watching him run into the endzone etc; my wife is yelling her head off celebrating, and I'm just kneeling there...staring at the tv, silent.

after a few seconds, I went into full celebration mode. but for those few seconds....was like I was frozen in time. after celebrating, and just waiting for the game to end I sat down and pretty much cried lol. ALL of the memories of going to games, tailgating,enduring the cold,, finding ways to lose, not throwing a td to a WR for like 2 years, choking in spectacular record setting ways in the playoffs; endless line of average QBs in here; season after season after season
of football disappointment my entire life...man. It was awwesome.
Minus the dropping to my knees, this was my house!!!
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:32 AM   #4119
World's Best Boss

Quote:
The difference is the clock would be running the whole time we're sitting on first down.

When we got the ball back after the INT thee were only 3 times we could run the clock - after first, second, and third.

In this case if Williams goes down in bounds - there would be 4 times - after getting the first, after running on first, after running on second, and after running on third. Game over. I think.
Maybe. So, funny story. My dentist to replace two fillings today in Colorado, but he grew up around KC and is also a massive Chiefs fan. So he's bringing the Super Bowl to today's appointment and we're gonna watch it as he's drilling into my mouth . I'll pay attention to the clock today to see if we could have ran the game out.

In previous conversations about this I was worried Shanny Jr. would have had his lineman go for the legs of the Chiefs lineman/Pat. Maybe I'm not giving Shanny enough credit, but it felt a little bush-league to call those timeouts AND have his lineman go after Pat when he was down by 2 scores with seconds left in the game. I know you play until the final whistle or whatever, but on the flip side, a lot of people would have felt it would have been totally uncalled for had Pat hit DRob for the easy TD to go up 37-20 as time expired.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:33 AM   #4120
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Let’s say the Niners get TO called with 1:12 left.

First down at 1:12 with SF having 1 TO left.
They run 2 seconds off the clock and SF uses last TO with 1:10 left.
Second down snap at 1:10 and they run off two seconds on the play then 39 before next play.
Third down snap at :29.
Don’t even get to a 4th down play.
Game.

But I’m glad he scored.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:51 AM   #4121
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
Let’s say the Niners get TO called with 1:12 left.

First down at 1:12 with SF having 1 TO left.
They run 2 seconds off the clock and SF uses last TO with 1:10 left.
Second down snap at 1:10 and they run off two seconds on the play then 39 before next play.
Third down snap at :29.
Don’t even get to a 4th down play.
Game.

But I’m glad he scored.
Can you imagine if the Niners somehow scored, then got a miracle onside kick and beat us? And then Covid hits a few weeks later?

I'm not sure I'd be alive right now.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:08 PM   #4122
Banned!

Quote:
I'm typically an analytical guy, but **** that. When DWill hit the jets, it was over. Frank and HB weren't going to let it slip away after that and we DESERVED that TD and all of the emotions that came with it.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:09 PM   #4123
Banned!

Quote:
Can you imagine if the Niners somehow scored, then got a miracle onside kick and beat us? And then Covid hits a few weeks later?

I'm not sure I'd be alive right now.
Who is coming in to play QB for them at that point, because Jimmy Grapes certainly wasn't beating us.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:54 PM   #4124
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the analytics say to slide after gaining the 1st down, but I agree. It was an emphatic end to our suffering.. that and the Fuller INT, I suppose, though the game was all but over at that point.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:22 PM   #4125
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I'm typically an analytical guy, but **** that. When DWill hit the jets, it was over. Frank and HB weren't going to let it slip away after that and we DESERVED that TD and all of the emotions that came with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the analytics say to slide after gaining the 1st down, but I agree. It was an emphatic end to our suffering.. that and the Fuller INT, I suppose, though the game was all but over at that point.
Yeah, damn the analytics. Full speed ahead.

Plus, it statistically put us at a positive point differential in our three Super Bowl appearances combined: 64 points for, 62 points against.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.