Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2019, 05:54 PM  
Kind of a mod

MCU Meta Discussion

The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:06 PM   #586
Mahomes Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post

YAS! Hopefully it's as good as the 90s cartoon, one of my alltime faves.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:33 PM   #587
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:42 PM   #588
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
This more or less confirms she’s gonna be the lead.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 01:24 PM   #589
Veteran

Shuri becoming Black Panther is the least interesting option to me. I thought they might do something like Shuri realizing she's not cut out for it, and Okoye or M'Baku takes over. Really the more time that's passed, I think they probably just should have recast T'Challa. Obviously I get why they didn't, but it's such a shame to waste that character.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 01:42 PM   #590
20 Menthol KOOLs

M'Baku would be my first choice, though it would be pretty cool if they were to bring him in somehow as a snowy ape-themed hero. I wish it wouldn't be super lame for them to Multiverse it up and bring in a decent version of Killmonger.

Also, I hadn't considered how they're going to kill off T'Challa in the MCU..
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2021, 02:49 PM   #591
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Shuri becoming Black Panther is the least interesting option to me. I thought they might do something like Shuri realizing she's not cut out for it, and Okoye or M'Baku takes over. Really the more time that's passed, I think they probably just should have recast T'Challa. Obviously I get why they didn't, but it's such a shame to waste that character.
It absolutely makes the most sense for Nakia to assume the banner.

Shuri already has a gig, she's the new Tony Stark gadget end-around for all plot points.

M'Baku is a fantastic character, but it's problematic for a franchise whose top three actors aside from Boseman are all women and the franchise had to find a man for them to all rally around instead of any of them individually. I know some will hate that political answer, but it's very real.

They've showed over and over again how Okoye is dedicated to the Dora Milaje.

Nakia is largely unmoored in the absence of T'Challa, but has shown some fighting ability, is a spy, and has the mantle of T'Challa as a sort-of beau rolling around in the back of her mind. Plus Nakia's actress is possibly the best in the MCU.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2021, 04:16 PM   #592
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
snowy ape-themed hero

This made me laugh.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-09-2021, 05:04 PM   #593
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Patiently bracing for Rausch's impact.

I doubt that they can properly tell this story within the limited constraints of the MCU, unless they obviously come up with a completely new story. Which I'm guessing they will. Which I'm guessing will piss Rausch off royally.
Yup.

The basis of the story is all of Hulk's "friends" give up on him living a normal life and ship him off to a planet he has no way home from. Hulk has adventures and learns that might doesn't make right (long story short, excellent story, read it.) Hulk is finally happy - then something happens that ruins it all and he heads back to earth for revenge.

They've already ruined the setting in the Thor movie so that's out. Based on current events Hulk is now an American hero so I see no way he becomes hated and feared over night. Plus something bad enough has to happen that Banner hates his friends more than Hulk does. With current events I don't see how that happens.

As much as I'd love to see this movie I'm worried about 2 things:

1) Its time has passed. There was a great opportunity and they opted out. I hate to admit that but it's true.

2) Politics. Instead of a story about morality, mercy, and change it will become about politics.

I can't recommend Planet Hulk or WWH enough. They start off like boring cliched stories but really gear up. I missed them when they came out and borrowed my copies from Kim.com but they're worth the price...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2021, 03:37 PM   #594
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:34 PM   #595
MVP

Anyone else watch Hit Monkey? Thought it was a lot of fun...

unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:03 PM   #596
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
Anyone else watch Hit Monkey? Thought it was a lot of fun...

Yep, it was something that Tarentino would shell out if he decided to direct or produce an animated series.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 03:10 AM   #597
The Boom Boom Room

Old 12-07-2021, 10:11 AM   #598
__

Just thinking out loud:

I'm not sure how much sense the Netflix Punisher makes in the proper MCU, given that Hawkeye was basically that character as Ronin.

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones would make a ton of sense in the proper MCU. Both are fantastic, flawed characters grounded with outstanding actors, and both offer perspectives that no other current MCU protagonist offers.

Iron Fist doesn't seem like a good fit, however, given how weak the actor is and the success of Shang Chi anyway.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:20 PM   #599
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Just thinking out loud:

I'm not sure how much sense the Netflix Punisher makes in the proper MCU, given that Hawkeye was basically that character as Ronin.

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones would make a ton of sense in the proper MCU. Both are fantastic, flawed characters grounded with outstanding actors, and both offer perspectives that no other current MCU protagonist offers.

Iron Fist doesn't seem like a good fit, however, given how weak the actor is and the success of Shang Chi anyway.
Punisher doesn’t need to fit in the proper MCU, they just need to get and keep his series back up and running.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:18 PM   #600
Veteran

The rumor is that even when they're using the same actors, the characters are being rebooted into the MCU and the Netflix shows aren't MCU canon.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.