Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:13 PM   #3991
Starter

Anyone ever shoot maxxtech essential steel 223 rem ammo? It's steel cased so eh but building my wifes .223 wylde I want some kind of ammo. I refuse to spend a crap ton on ammo because of inflation atm.
ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:45 PM   #3992
The Constitutional Choo choo

Ive never heard of it.
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 05:59 PM   #3993
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk View Post
Anyone ever shoot maxxtech essential steel 223 rem ammo? It's steel cased so eh but building my wifes .223 wylde I want some kind of ammo. I refuse to spend a crap ton on ammo because of inflation atm.
Heard of it. Never fired any. Know a couple guys that have, and never heard any complaints. Haven't bought a round of .223 rem in years, except for the one order earlier this year for some new varmint rounds. Been rolling my own for over a decade now.

But as a general rule, I try to avoid shooting steel cased .223 out of my ARs. Had a bad experience once, and washed my hands of all steel-cased rifle ammo after that.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #3994
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Heard of it. Never fired any. Know a couple guys that have, and never heard any complaints. Haven't bought a round of .223 rem in years, except for the one order earlier this year for some new varmint rounds. Been rolling my own for over a decade now.

But as a general rule, I try to avoid shooting steel cased .223 out of my ARs. Had a bad experience once, and washed my hands of all steel-cased rifle ammo after that.
Epic article.

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/bra...el-cased-ammo/

Read the whole thing, its very in depth, and just really interesting to me. You would think the casing on the ammo doesn't matter but it does. Now, whether that's due to the casing, or just to the quality of the ammo that they would put a steel casing on, or what, but after reading this I wouldn't shoot steel out of my gun except in need situations only.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:04 PM   #3995
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
Epic article.

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/bra...el-cased-ammo/

Read the whole thing, its very in depth, and just really interesting to me. You would think the casing on the ammo doesn't matter but it does. Now, whether that's due to the casing, or just to the quality of the ammo that they would put a steel casing on, or what, but after reading this I wouldn't shoot steel out of my gun except in need situations only.
Yep, that's what happened.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #3996
Supporter

Just a heads up, got a box of 9MM ammo from Palmetto for .64/round. They have some 223 for $1, but didn't do any of that.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #3997
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk View Post
Would avoid. They won't even let you use this ammo at the range I go to.
banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:38 PM   #3998
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Just a heads up, got a box of 9MM ammo from Palmetto for .64/round. They have some 223 for $1, but didn't do any of that.
Shit, it's gone. Good looking out though.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:03 PM   #3999
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

sgammo.com But the 5.56 is steel...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-10 190050.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	121595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-10 190237.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	121596  
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:51 PM   #4000
The Constitutional Choo choo

.............FOR YOU RELOADERS........
Have 600 Remington 6-1/2 small rifle primers.
Looking to trade for some large rifle primers.
Id sure like shoot this old Rem model 81 before I die.
That aint happening unless I can get my hands on some larg primers. PM me.
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:12 PM   #4001
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Shit, it's gone. Good looking out though.
$0.64/rd? pass on that
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:55 PM   #4002
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
$0.64/rd? pass on that
Eh. Cheapest I’ve seen in awhile and I got a 9mm mid pandemic sooooo. Yeah. I have 50 rounds of that.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #4003
In my youth i pray to keep

https://thecrimereport.org/2020/12/1...rts-in-nevada/

Looks like the ATF is getting happy feet
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #4004
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
https://thecrimereport.org/2020/12/1...rts-in-nevada/

Looks like the ATF is getting happy feet
Interesting...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:14 PM   #4005
MVP

What did they actually do wrong? Did they drill one too many holes in the block or actually create and ship more than a box of parts?

The alphabet is eventually going to have one hell of a time tracking down every 3d printer making blocks with all the holes in the right spot.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote