Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:53 PM   #301
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I think when my contract is up we might cord cut. That's not for a year and a half though. I used to stream games back in 2011. They were terrible quality. Are they better today?
I still think it sucks, unless you're watching on an iPad.

I have MLB.TV, which looks fine on mobile devices but not so fine on LED TV's. The action is often blurred and smeared for baseball games so I can't imagine tolerating it for football games and I have 225mbs internet speed.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #302
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

I have MLB.TV, which looks fine on mobile devices but not so fine on LED TV's. The action is often blurred and smeared for baseball games so I can't imagine tolerating it for football games and I have 225mbs internet speed.
I can watch on computer. In solitude like I like to anyway.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #303
MVP

Quote:
Out of curiosity, which other AFC games would be broadcast in the St. Louis metro area in lieu of the Chiefs?

The Chargers and 49ers were broadcast nearly every week since the Rams moved to St. Louis (although more Rams games were broadcast during the 1999-2002 run). Occasionally, a Raiders game would be broadcast but they've been so bad for so long that it was just every once in a while.

The national afternoon game of the week would sometimes supersede the Chargers or 49ers but that didn't happen all that often, either.
Has nothing to do with AFC/NFC - NFL rules prohibit another game being aired on local channels opposite a sold out, locally televised home game.

So anytime the Rams were at home, even thought the stadium was empty, enough tickets were sold to qualify as a sell out and games couldn't be showed on the CBS affiliate.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #304
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I can watch on computer. In solitude like I like to anyway.
I'm not a fan of MLB.TV on my PC, either.

Plus, I like having the volume cranked on my subwoofer & soundbar in the family room, especially for the Prime Time games and the first game of the season.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #305
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
Has nothing to do with AFC/NFC - NFL rules prohibit another game being aired on local channels opposite a sold out, locally televised home game.

So anytime the Rams were at home, even thought the stadium was empty, enough tickets were sold to qualify as a sell out and games couldn't be showed on the CBS affiliate.
Oh, so you really won't have any idea if they'll be broadcast locally until the season starts.

I would imagine that Clark Hunt and the Chiefs would appeal to CBS and Fox to air the Chiefs games in St. Louis but they might override that desire from time to time.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:02 PM   #306
Most Valuable Villain

After chatting online with them.....I'm going to go ahead and say that it's not looking good right now. He couldn't offer me shit (mind you this wasn't retention) but my contract isn't up for another year and it would cost me $255 to cancel DirectTV right now. Looks like I'm going the way of the streams this year and I'll try again next year.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #307
MVP

Quote:
Oh, so you really won't have any idea if they'll be broadcast locally until the season starts.

I would imagine that Clark Hunt and the Chiefs would appeal to CBS and Fox to air the Chiefs games in St. Louis but they might override that desire from time to time.
Supposedly all of the PS games will be aired here. I would think I'll get quite a few now that the Rams are gone. Best I could hope for with them here was 8 games, but it usually was around 4-6.

I'm really not sure why we wouldn't get all of them, but I'm guessing we'll get whatever the "national" game is from time to time, especially if it involves teams like Chicago and Indy since they are close.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:10 PM   #308
Supporter

Quote:
Supposedly all of the PS games will be aired here. I would think I'll get quite a few now that the Rams are gone. Best I could hope for with them here was 8 games, but it usually was around 4-6.

I'm really not sure why we wouldn't get all of them, but I'm guessing we'll get whatever the "national" game is from time to time, especially if it involves teams like Chicago and Indy since they are close.
Well, the good thing is that you'll get a minimum of four games every Sunday. Two morning games, one afternoon game (or vise versa) and SNF.

The bad thing is that you'll have to wait to see which region they give you each week.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #309
MVP

Quote:
Well, the good thing is that you'll get a minimum of four games every Sunday. Two morning games, one afternoon game and SNF.

The bad thing is that you'll have to wait to see which region they give you each week.
Yep. Never been a concern before, because I've gotten a discount/free ST.

I'm willing to take the chance. Should be playing more golf on Sunday's anyway.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:17 PM   #310
Supporter

Quote:
Yep. Never been a concern before, because I've gotten a discount/free ST.

I'm willing to take the chance. Should be playing more golf on Sunday's anyway.
Well, the first week of Sunday Ticket is free, so you're covered there. Plus, there are three Prime Time games, so you'll only need to be concerned with the other 12.

The Chiefs games were LA local five times (Raiders, Chargers and Broncos) plus the London game, so it's a safe bet you'll get to see most of the games, if not all.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:00 PM   #311
Kind of a mod

Quote:

Are you watching it on a computer hooked up to a TV or another device? I've used MLB.TV through my roku for a few years now, and the quality is great.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:12 PM   #312
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Are you watching it on a computer hooked up to a TV or another device? I've used MLB.TV through my roku for a few years now, and the quality is great.
I sometimes use MLBTV through our firestick on our big TV and it's top notch quality. Can't tell the difference from a national broadcast.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:13 PM   #313
Supporter

Quote:
On the PC, it's awful. On the iPad, it's great.

On my larger TV's, I have to change the motion tracking. Otherwise, it's blurred and smeared. I've seen this same issue on other TV's as well.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:41 PM   #314
Kind of a mod

Quote:
On the PC, it's awful. On the iPad, it's great.

On my larger TV's, I have to change the motion tracking. Otherwise, it's blurred and smeared. I've seen this same issue on other TV's as well.
When the quality drops here and there, I know the kind of blur you're talking about for sure. Just doesn't happen much on my Roku.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:46 PM   #315
Supporter

Quote:
When the quality drops here and there, I know the kind of blur you're talking about for sure. Just doesn't happen much on my Roku.
It happens all the time on my Roku 2, which is plugged directly into my router, and the new 3600r stick, which is wireless.

No issues with the 62 other channels I stream. In many cases, it looks better than Direct TV.