Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2024, 01:49 PM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I'm curious to ask why? Do you work in the automotive industry? Buy their stock? ...I don't see how China producing affordable EV cars is bad for the average global and/or US consumer. The price of US vehicles, specifically, have absolutely sky-rocketed in recent years! I was in love with the idea of buying a jeep, when I was a kid it was super cool to drive a beat up wrangler, the low end wranglers now cost something like $60k and the top end wrangler goes for a whopping $100k+ after taxes!!!??? WTF!? It's not a ****ing house! I'd argue that Chinese competition might help reduce the rate of YOY price increases on similar US vehicles and offer a tiny piece of the total solution for dampening the inflation we're currently seeing in that market.
It sounds like you're talking about allowing Chinese economics and production methods to break the Unions. If allowed, it would be quite the viewing experience.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-17-2024, 01:59 PM   #3
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I'm curious to ask why? Do you work in the automotive industry? Buy their stock? ...I don't see how China producing affordable EV cars is bad for the average global and/or US consumer. The price of US vehicles, specifically, have absolutely sky-rocketed in recent years! I was in love with the idea of buying a jeep, when I was a kid it was super cool to drive a beat up wrangler, the low end wranglers now cost something like $60k and the top end wrangler goes for a whopping $100k+ after taxes!!!??? WTF!? It's not a ****ing house! I'd argue that Chinese competition might help reduce the rate of YOY price increases on similar US vehicles and offer a tiny piece of the total solution for dampening the inflation we're currently seeing in that market.
Just a general desire to see U.S. manufacturing remain a healthy and viable industry.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:21 PM   #4
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Just a general desire to see U.S. manufacturing remain a healthy and viable industry.
US EV manufacturers are lucky Honda and Toyota seem uninterested in taking BEVs seriously, IMO.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-17-2024, 07:49 AM   #5
Starter

I’m looking into a used EV for my new commute that is driving my daughter to school and home then picking up after school and back home. About a 110 miles altogether each day. Private school hence the driving distance. Majority is along the K-10 corridor. What might be an advisable, reliable choice that is gonna handle 60K on the odometer over the next three years? I’d prefer to make use of the used EV tax credit so under $25K. So far there are a few Mach E RWD Selects and a couple of the base model Ioniq 5 I’ve driven as well. I’ll likely third party warranty through Xclerate Auto that does them mostly on Teslas but other makers as well. I’m having a Level 2 charger Putin the garage and we have a 3rd vehicle for longer road trips if need be. Thanks in advance for all the CP EV wisdom…
Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:37 AM   #6
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan View Post
I’m looking into a used EV for my new commute that is driving my daughter to school and home then picking up after school and back home. About a 110 miles altogether each day. Private school hence the driving distance. Majority is along the K-10 corridor. What might be an advisable, reliable choice that is gonna handle 60K on the odometer over the next three years? I’d prefer to make use of the used EV tax credit so under $25K. So far there are a few Mach E RWD Selects and a couple of the base model Ioniq 5 I’ve driven as well. I’ll likely third party warranty through Xclerate Auto that does them mostly on Teslas but other makers as well. I’m having a Level 2 charger Putin the garage and we have a 3rd vehicle for longer road trips if need be. Thanks in advance for all the CP EV wisdom…
If you're doing 110 miles each day, I'd suggest looking at models with at least double that range, as the range listed is usually optimistic and some days your commute may get longer due to extra errands, traffic, etc. I'd say that you should drive a couple different models and see what you like.

I went with a 2022 Tesla Model 3 and it's fantastic. I got a crazy deal ($19k after tax credit) because Hertz bought a huge number of them 2 years ago and recently decided to dump them, so the market got flooded. There's probably still some out there.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 09:42 AM   #7
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

We rented a Mach-E on a recent trip to Austin. It was insanely fun to drive. First time I actually started thinking about buying electric.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-17-2024, 12:50 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
We rented a Mach-E on a recent trip to Austin. It was insanely fun to drive. First time I actually started thinking about buying electric.
What did you find so different about it and most fun? Acceleration? Quietness?
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 01:05 PM   #9
Future NBA Finals MVP

I really like how much faster my 2024 Tesla supercharges compared to my 2016 Model S Tesla. I get up to 1000 mph now when I plug in and the battery is low. It quickly goes down to around 800 but I used to max at 580 I feel like in my old one. Also when the battery is 60-80% full it also charges faster. Makes road trips that much better now.

Would never ever get a EV if it wasn't for the Tesla supercharging network.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 07:56 PM   #10
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I really like how much faster my 2024 Tesla supercharges compared to my 2016 Model S Tesla. I get up to 1000 mph now when I plug in and the battery is low. It quickly goes down to around 800 but I used to max at 580 I feel like in my old one. Also when the battery is 60-80% full it also charges faster. Makes road trips that much better now.

Would never ever get a EV if it wasn't for the Tesla supercharging network.
Holy shit that is fast! Almost Mach 2! Where do you drive it so fast?
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 01:28 PM   #11
Supporter

American made cars will get cheaper, but you will need to pay a subscription for every little thing in it.

Want AC? **** you pay me money. Want to use cruise control? **** you pay me money. Want to listen to the stereo? **** you pay me money.

It’s coming.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 01:32 PM   #12
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
American made cars will get cheaper, but you will need to pay a subscription for every little thing in it.

Want AC? **** you pay me money. Want to use cruise control? **** you pay me money. Want to listen to the stereo? **** you pay me money.

It’s coming.
Yeah Tesla already has a $9.99 a month for "premium connectivity" which is such a crock. You can't really even be able to use the features without it except for the map. I have to use Tune In to get AM radio. Can't use spotify, etc. I just use my phone as a hot spot right now but I'm sure I'll get tired of doing that and just breakdown and buy it. I can't figure out a way for the car to automatically connect to the wifi of my phone after I start driving. I have to manually turn the wifi back on when I start a trip, which is annoying.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 01:56 PM   #13
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Yeah Tesla already has a $9.99 a month for "premium connectivity" which is such a crock. You can't really even be able to use the features without it except for the map. I have to use Tune In to get AM radio. Can't use spotify, etc. I just use my phone as a hot spot right now but I'm sure I'll get tired of doing that and just breakdown and buy it. I can't figure out a way for the car to automatically connect to the wifi of my phone after I start driving. I have to manually turn the wifi back on when I start a trip, which is annoying.
My free premium connectivity trial ran out and I didn't even notice, TBH. I listen to FM or Amazon Music through my phone, and neither of those changed.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:20 AM   #14
Custom User Title

Every single cybertruck getting recalled.

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:27 AM   #15
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
Every single cybertruck getting recalled.

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk
Whoops.

It'll be fascinating to look back on Cybertruck in 10 years. On the surface, it looks like it's likely going to be a financial flop, but you could make an argument that it's done a pretty good job of keeping Tesla top of mind even while other EV manufacturers are (kinda) catching up.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.