Cris Dishman-16 Starts 0 0%
Rashad Fenton-16 Starts 0 0%
Phillip Gaines-16 Starts 0 0%
None of these guys is worth the dynamite 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Mount Rushmore by Position - Cornerbacks

Vote for EIGHT to go on this Mount Rushmore.

This is Chiefs players only, so if you want to vote on other NFL players, I'll remind you that the Chiefs have the greatest players so this is essentially the same thing.

We have way too many great players to limit our discussion to just one Mount Rushmore, so I thought it would be good to discuss the Mount Rushmore by position.

Here's how I'll post them up.

If a position has one person on the field (e.g., quarterback, center, tight end), the Mount Rushmore will have four players.

If a position has two people on the field (e.g., cornerback, offensive tackle, wide receiver), the Mount Rushmore will have eight players.

If a position has a varied history of one or two people on the field (e.g., defensive tackle, running back, inside linebacker), the Mount Rushmore will have six players.

The wide receiver Rushmore will have ten players since they've varied between two and three people on the field.

I'll put up a poll that will contain three times the number of available slots at a minimum. The candidates will include the players with the most career starts at that position, plus any player who ever made a pro bowl.

I'll use PFR as a reference, and will manually change any positions that are obviously an error (e.g., they list Joe Valerio as a center for some reason).

Last edited by Rain Man; Yesterday at 04:59 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #2
MVP

Emmitt Thomas
Albert Lewis
Dale Carter
L'Jarius Sneed
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #3
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
Emmitt Thomas
Albert Lewis
Dale Carter
L'Jarius Sneed
As a reminder, we're voting for eight at this position. Rushmore can accommodate nickel and dime coverages.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM   #4
YOU take YOUR seat

Definitely a tougher choice than the centers

Emmitt Thomas
Albert Lewis
La'Jarius Sneed
Trent McDuffie

I don't care if McDuffie and Sneed don't have as many starts, they played an integral part in winning 2 Superbowls and McDuffie will be a hall of famer when his career is over, I am confident in that prediction.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #5
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
Definitely a tougher choice than the centers

Emmitt Thomas
Albert Lewis
La'Jarius Sneed
Trent McDuffie

I don't care if McDuffie and Sneed don't have as many starts, they played an integral part in winning 2 Superbowls and McDuffie will be a hall of famer when his career is over, I am confident in that prediction.
McDuffie also has the odd distinction this year of being an all-pro but not a pro bowler. I always find it weird when that happens.
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
For sure. Love them both, and both were key to multiple Super Bowl championships. McDuffie is amazing as a corner, but man that play where he blitzed in the Super Bowl to save the game is one I've probably watched 50 times. He heads into his third year already a legend.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM   #7
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
For sure. Love them both, and both were key to multiple Super Bowl championships. McDuffie is amazing as a corner, but man that play where he blitzed in the Super Bowl to save the game is one I've probably watched 50 times. He heads into his third year already a legend.
The CBs are interesting because there are several guys with relatively short resumes who have made iconic plays that might elevate them to the mountain.
  • McDuffie's blitz and pass tip in the recent Super Bowl.
  • Sneed's playoff forced fumble against Zay Flowers to show him who's boss.
  • Fuller's interception at the end of the first 49ers Super Bowl.
  • Breeland's interception in the first 49ers bowl (and pass tip to kill the patriots in the regular season)
  • Ward's open-field tackle at the end of the first 49ers bowl and (ahem) giving up the overtime TD to Mecole.
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM   #8
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
McDuffie also has the odd distinction this year of being an all-pro but not a pro bowler. I always find it weird when that happens.
Ya I've always thought that was weird too. I'll take all-pro over pro bowl every time I guess!
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM   #9
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
yup! That play was one of those historical plays that will be remembered forever.
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #10
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

This is really striking home about how badly Marcus Peters screwed the pooch.
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #11
Supporter

Bartee,
we’ve come a long way since then.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #12
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post
Bartee,
we’ve come a long way since then.
Ya looking at some of those names. I remember being excited that the Chiefs signed Chris Dishman lol. I don't remember if he was good or bad for the Chiefs though.
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #13
Mod Team

Hard to get to 8.

I made it to 6.

Thanks.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM   #14
MVP

Hasty was one of my favorite players as a kid.

Too bad he played for teams that went nowhere, unlike Sneed and McDuffie.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #15
Mod Team

Did people forget how good Carr was or am I wrong?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.