Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2022, 02:03 PM  
In Search of a Life

Trade up options

Credit to Pest in the lounge.

Would you give up next years 1 and 29 to get up high enough to take Johnson?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:53 AM   #31
offense > defense

I'm down for trading up, but doing so for a non-QB, you BETTER hit because that's a lot of capital. The one trade that always sticks in my mind is the Saints for Davenport, which was ****ing wild.

On the other hand, I also remember the Falcons trading a haul for Julio Jones, and I thought it was worth it at the time. He just screamed alpha dominance to me.

In this draft? For the types of guys we're talking about? No, I wouldn't wanna ship two 1s tbh. I'm 100% down with a 2nd and some change to move up whatever it takes for the better WR/DE, rather than just hoping and praying the 5th-ranked guy falls or whatever.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 10:26 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
I'm down for trading up, but doing so for a non-QB, you BETTER hit because that's a lot of capital. The one trade that always sticks in my mind is the Saints for Davenport, which was ****ing wild.

On the other hand, I also remember the Falcons trading a haul for Julio Jones, and I thought it was worth it at the time. He just screamed alpha dominance to me.

In this draft? For the types of guys we're talking about? No, I wouldn't wanna ship two 1s tbh. I'm 100% down with a 2nd and some change to move up whatever it takes for the better WR/DE, rather than just hoping and praying the 5th-ranked guy falls or whatever.
The price is likely steep if you're talking DE. Just about everyone on the planet assumes the top 4 DEs are gone at 15. To get to 14 would take 29, 50, and a future 5th at minimum. I surely like Jermaine Johnson more than George Karlaftis but giving up 50 is going to be a tough sell around here.

I'm not giving shit up for any WRs. There's not a transcendent talent worth dumping that kind of capital for.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:57 AM   #33
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
The price is likely steep if you're talking DE. Just about everyone on the planet assumes the top 4 DEs are gone at 15. To get to 14 would take 29, 50, and a future 5th at minimum. I surely like Jermaine Johnson more than George Karlaftis but giving up 50 is going to be a tough sell around here.

I'm not giving shit up for any WRs. There's not a transcendent talent worth dumping that kind of capital for.
Exactly.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2022, 04:42 PM   #34
Veteran

Jermaine Johnson is impressive. And a ten yard split of 1.55. Wow.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:19 PM   #35
Fish are scared of me

Didn't Calvin Johnson Retire ?
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:25 PM   #36
Fish are scared of me

Guess what guys. The QB makes the receiver. The receiver does not make the QB. Veach is signing everybody to 1 year deals because he is building through the draft . You can expect Veach to make his pick at 29 and trade 30 for more picks.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:58 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Guess what guys. The QB makes the receiver. The receiver does not make the QB. Veach is signing everybody to 1 year deals because he is building through the draft . You can expect Veach to make his pick at 29 and trade 30 for more picks.
I am thinking a QB needy team like Detroit will trade back into the 1st to get a 5th year on a QB like Howell.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:05 PM   #38
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Credit to Pest in the lounge.

Would you give up next years 1 and 29 to get up high enough to take Johnson?
No.

Pests plan sucks.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:06 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
No.

Pests plan sucks.
No ****ing way KC trades their 2023 1st when hosting the draft..
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:43 PM   #40
In Search of a Life

Am I missing something with Johnson? He looks okay, but nothing special for this being a highlight video.

Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:39 PM   #41
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
In this scenario, at 11, you would possibly have these players on the board...

Chris Olave
Derek Stingley, Jr.
Charles Cross
Jermaine Johnson II
Trent McDuffie
Jameson Williams
Devin Llloyd
Jordan Davis
Nakobe Dean
Jahan Dotson
Treylon Burks
George Karlafis
Andrew Booth Jr.
Devonte Wyatt

Who would you take? Jermaine Johnson II for me.
It'd piss off the fanbase but I'd take Cross, fully confident I can land a quality EDGE or two later on.
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:14 PM   #42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
Jermaine Johnson is impressive. And a ten yard split of 1.55. Wow.
and the only guy worth trading up for but the price might be too steep
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.
Old 04-07-2022, 12:53 AM   #43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
Am I missing something with Johnson? He looks okay, but nothing special for this being a highlight video.

He's very good imo, but people have lost their minds over him and basically rejecting all other trade ups.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:37 AM   #44
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
He's very good imo, but people have lost their minds over him and basically rejecting all other trade ups.
I was expecting more for a highlight video. Against ND, he looks slow off the snap. Maybe it's the scheme. Read and react or something. There are three running plays in the film where he is unblocked. Not hard to shine in those. Against Boston College and Jacksonville State, he looks the best, but not sure those Tackles he was going against were very good at all.

But then again, he is not being talked about as the #1 overall pick in the draft, but maybe the 4th or 5th DE off the board. Just not sure I am seeing enough to spend a ton of draft capital to move up to 11-13 range to get him.

Hopefully it is just the scheme that makes him look tentative off the snap at times.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-07-2022, 05:21 AM   #45
MVP

If Thibodeaux or Walker falls past #10, sure I'd consider it. If Johnson or Karliftas falls to around #20, also probably game. As mentioned above, I'm not sure you spend a bunch of picks to grab the 5th best DE in the draft, needs to be a for-certain impact player to spend big or the right price to spend smart.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.