Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-20-2023, 11:33 PM   #2
Ain't no relax!

Dear lucky owners of NVidia 30XX or 40XX RTX cards, who are also YTTV subscribers. Please view this. NVidia has released a new set of drivers that will allow you to upconvert the normal 720p/1080p stream quality to "fake 4K" format. But don't be fooled, it actually looks really incredible for being upconverted. Just update to the latest driver and follow these instructions in the NVidia app:

If you own a NVidia 30X0 or 40X0, update to the latest drivers. Once done, open the NVidia Settings app in the Windows System tray. Navigate to Adjust video image settings at the bottom of the home menu.

Locate RTX video enhancement setting, and max that ****er out.

Depending on your NVidia hardware, it can provide an incredible improvement. I'm really surprised I hadn't found this sooner. YTTV looks so much better on my PC. The app says 720p or 1080p, but the quality still looks significantly better.

This only works with NVidia RTX cards that are capable.

Last edited by Fish; 03-21-2023 at 12:11 AM..
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 02:16 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Dear lucky owners of NVidia 30XX or 40XX RTX cards, who are also YTTV subscribers. Please view this. NVidia has released a new set of drivers that will allow you to upconvert the normal 720p/1080p stream quality to "fake 4K" format. But don't be fooled, it actually looks really incredible for being upconverted. Just update to the latest driver and follow these instructions in the NVidia app:

If you own a NVidia 30X0 or 40X0, update to the latest drivers. Once done, open the NVidia Settings app in the Windows System tray. Navigate to Adjust video image settings at the bottom of the home menu.

Depending on your NVidia hardware, it can provide an incredible improvement. I'm really surprised I hadn't found this sooner. YTTV looks so much better on my PC. The app says 720p or 1080p, but the quality still looks significantly better.

I have a 3060TI, so I am gonna have to try this out. Thanks for the info!
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2023, 02:20 PM   #4
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:

I just use a Roku. Easy peasy. Is there any streaming stick this can work on? Im not going to run it from a computer
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2023, 02:26 PM   #5
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I just use a Roku. Easy peasy. Is there any streaming stick this can work on? Im not going to run it from a computer
LOL, no.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2023, 01:01 PM   #6
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
LOL, no.
It's going to work on PS and XBox though and Roku already has a youtube app. I'm not sure why they wouldn't.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2023, 02:55 PM   #7
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
It's going to work on PS and XBox though and Roku already has a youtube app. I'm not sure why they wouldn't.
No, that would not work. This upscaling ability is only available via the NVidia driver and cards. PS5 and XBox do not have the hardware to be capable.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 12:15 AM   #8
Ain't no relax!

Watch this before and after the RTX enhancement swtich for a good example:

Old 03-21-2023, 07:49 AM   #9
Plays to win the game!

YouTube TV could probably go up to $100 before I'd cancel, anything before that I would start getting rid of Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc before YouTube TV. It's a good investment.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:23 AM   #10
My work speaks for itself!!!

ive had Youtube TV for over a year now, and along with fiber internet, it's fantastic.

Love the fact that I can add a premium network....then a week or so later drop it off, and it's charged pro-rata. You can do that with all the add-ons.

Combine that with unlimited cloud recording/library and great channel lineup - it's a no-brainer.

(FTR - I live in an area that won't work for OTA antennas)
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 01:00 PM   #11
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post

Love the fact that I can add a premium network....then a week or so later drop it off, and it's charged pro-rata. You can do that with all the add-ons.
I didn't know this. That's quite a game changer...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2023, 10:02 AM   #12
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

I started our YouTube TV trial last night and, as suspected, the lack of Bally Bally Sports might mean I end it before the 10 days are up. Minimally I'll give HULU + Live TV a try too, but we did our research, are already sickened by the $70 price tag (we'll be back in the same range we were before Google got out of the TV business), but I'm not sure the Royals are worth picking HULU over YouTube, at least not so far this year.

Decisions decisions...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2023, 10:18 AM   #13
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I started our YouTube TV trial last night and, as suspected, the lack of Bally Bally Sports might mean I end it before the 10 days are up. Minimally I'll give HULU + Live TV a try too, but we did our research, are already sickened by the $70 price tag (we'll be back in the same range we were before Google got out of the TV business), but I'm not sure the Royals are worth picking HULU over YouTube, at least not so far this year.

Decisions decisions...
Hulu has Bally?

Hmmmm.....gonna need to find someone with that. Because I'm pretty sure they wiped the Bally app (I can't get it to work anymore) and I can't use my work's satellite login to stream on my television because evidently the satellite account doesn't have a full streaming service.

I mean we should just switch it over to a streaming account but ain't anybody got time for that.

I'll need to find someone with Hulu and offer them a swap...

It has to be the Live TV version, right?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2023, 10:29 AM   #14
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Hulu has Bally?

Hmmmm.....gonna need to find someone with that. Because I'm pretty sure they wiped the Bally app (I can't get it to work anymore) and I can't use my work's satellite login to stream on my television because evidently the satellite account doesn't have a full streaming service.

I mean we should just switch it over to a streaming account but ain't anybody got time for that.

I'll need to find someone with Hulu and offer them a swap...

It has to be the Live TV version, right?
I thought they did (?), maybe they don't. Well if they don't, so be it. This isn't the year, at least not so far, to be worried about watching the Royals.

But the wife always liked having the game on, at least as background noise, while she was working.

And **** Bally Sports. Whatever they're paying the Royals for broadcast rights is both too much (right now).

And yes, this "find a streaming service" game sucks. It's where we are but it sucks.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2023, 10:12 AM   #15
In Search of a Life

Quote:
...YouTube has announced that current YouTube TV members can add Sunday Ticket at a presale, full-season price of $249 (through June 6), a $100 savings from the retail cost.

RedZone can be added for $40 for the full season, making the total price $289 for YouTube TV subscribers, or $389 for non-subscribers, who can purchase Sunday Ticket through YouTube Primetime channels.

Omitted from the press release is any reference to the ability to purchase out-of-market games for one team at a time, one week at a time, or one game at a time...

YouTube rolls out Sunday Ticket, for full-season price as low as $249
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.