Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2021, 01:21 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:23 PM   #1486
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe View Post
In order to receive his workout bonus he'd have to attend 85% of Green Bay's offseason program, which began on May 24th. He's already lost it. If he skips the three mandatory minicamp practices he'll lose an additional $100k.
Either way, that’s entirely different from retiring, and losing millions, while missing out at a shot at another championship on a SB caliber roster.

You’re living in fantasy land. The Packers are just as dug in as Rodgers. He has no real leverage.

Even his friend AJ Hawk doesn’t think there’s a chance that he actually retires.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:29 AM   #1487
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
It will really suck when you wake up from your Aaron Rodgers fantasy on September 12th to see Drew Lock starting at QB for Denver.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 06-04-2021, 09:33 AM   #1488
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Green Bay has totally misread this entire situation. He made them aware very early in the offseason he wanted out and there still isn't a resolution. If the situation was fixable it would've already been fixed. Rodgers has already forgone a $500k workout bonus, he's in this for the long haul.
But the real question is, are you gonna keep tabs on Lock's practice touchdowns???
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 06-04-2021, 09:40 AM   #1489
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
But the real question is, are you gonna keep tabs on Lock's practice touchdowns???
Touchdowns? Pfft... The important thing is how he Huddles the guys.

Last edited by FlaChief58; 06-04-2021 at 11:05 AM..
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:55 AM   #1490
The pizza king of kansas

My question does denver have any wide receiver?
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #1491
#triggering

Still a Packer, eh? I’m stunned.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:35 AM   #1492
Fan since 1997

It must be depressing to be a donko fan right about now. You have to face Mahomes for the next 15 years and play him twice each year in your division. So much losing to be witnessed. I can't imagine knowing my life's fate as a fan would be to witness so much losing and see the team I hate the most keep winning championships. It's almost as bad as a long prison sentence.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #1493
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Still a Packer, eh? I’m stunned.
Hey...you guys might sign Garoppolo next year. That's something to look forward to...comparatively.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:34 PM   #1494
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
It must be depressing to be a donko fan right about now. You have to face Mahomes for the next 15 years and play him twice each year in your division. So much losing to be witnessed. I can't imagine knowing my life's fate as a fan would be to witness so much losing and see the team I hate the most keep winning championships. It's almost as bad as a long prison sentence.
I happened to check out the Orangemane site...to gauge the temperature of the Rodgers situation.

Holy shit they have some homers over there...they really do still think they are some elite franchise. They were a 5-11 team...

One gem that is noteworthy was someone said PFF rated them as #3 roster in the entire NFL...not even the AFC. Wow..

They dont have a single player in the top 3 (arguably) at their position...Chiefs have 5. Kelce, Mahomes, Hill, Jones and HoneyBadger.

The delusion is strong over there...
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #1495
Abolish The Salary Cap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
Every year is a new year. What the Chiefs do is irrelevant. The Chiefs winning a Super Bowl, losing in a Super Bowl or missing the playoffs altogether doesn't really matter to me. All that matters to me is what is going on with the Broncos.
Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:14 PM   #1496
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Every year is a new year. What the Chiefs do is irrelevant. The Chiefs winning a Super Bowl, losing in a Super Bowl or missing the playoffs altogether doesn't really matter to me. All that matters to me is what is going on with the Broncos.
Do you understand how unbelievably reeruned you sound typing that on a Chiefs messageboard?
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 01:14 PM   #1497
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
All that matters to me is what is going on with the Broncos.
What’s going on with the Broncos?

Von Miller:

Quote:
“We’re all trying to do this thing together. I just want to win and compete. We’ve lost to the Kansas City Chiefs five years in a row. I want to change that s***. I try to change it, and you’ve got to be a great teammate. You’ve got to be a great leader to get us over the hump.”
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:15 PM   #1498
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
You're a liar. But that's cool, i get it. Chin up buttercup, put your tough face on.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:16 PM   #1499
Abolish The Salary Cap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Do you understand how unbelievably reeruned you sound typing that on a Chiefs messageboard?
99% of my posts here have been Bronco related.
Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:19 PM   #1500
In Search of a Life

Quote:
99% of my posts here have been Bronco related.
And 99.9% of those posts were before the Chiefs became the standard of the entire NFL. You only pop up when there’s a glimmer of hope now.

Because you’re a troll and a coward.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote