Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:15 PM   #11281
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
OTW15
Holy shit, Dude!

I hope you feel better soon but make sure you go to the ER asap if this continues over night. Also, take Tylenol or Motrin and use a humidifier.

Load up on vitamins, especially Vitamin C and Zinc and please keep us posted!
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:15 PM   #11282
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I'm pretty sure we were one of the first to shut down, after Washington I believe. I also don't quite understand why our officials are saying that we are 6 to 12 days behind NYC.

New York is certainly more densely populated than LA, and we don't rely on public transportation as much as they do. Just trying to be optimistic.
CA shut down before just about anyone else.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:17 PM   #11283
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I've seen credible researchers and doctors confirm that there's no way to "speed up" clinical trials and that the public should expect a vaccine to be readily available in approximately 18 months.

The litigation would be astronomical if any pharmaceutical released a vaccine to the world that hadn't been fully tested because might kill tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people.

There are just too many factors involved to rush this thing.
Yeah, they just cant skip the secondary exposure tests. Unless this thing were wiping out 50% of the populace and killing indiscriminately, we wont swe anything faster than 12 months and 18 seems most likely.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:18 PM   #11284
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
For those of you that know me personally, I'd ask that you keep this to CP and off of any other forms of social media...feel free to PM me here if you want to chat.

Sunday overnight, I had the worst coughing fit of my life. Damn near puked on several occasions. Woke up with a tight chest, a pounding headache, body aches and a temperature that was all over the map. Reached 101.7 at one point, as as low as 96.5 at another.

Called the hotline and met the criteria to test - but only because I was recently in California. Was told that the symptoms alone were not enough to warrant a test. Earliest they could get me in to test was today. Symptoms have not lessened, and the body aches have gotten worse. Was told that rest and hydration was really all I could do at this point, and that treatment would be the same even if I test positive. Only way they'll admit me is if my breathing becomes more labored.

Literally have zero energy. It takes a massive amount of effort just to get to the bathroom. Shit, it's taken me like 10 minutes to type this out. If I don't have CV, I'd love to know WTF it is, because it's unlike anything I've ever had before.

Anyway, take this shit seriously. Stay the **** home if you can.

Socially distant hugs and kisses,

OTW15
Keep your head up my dude.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:19 PM   #11285
Mod Team

Quote:
For those of you that know me personally, I'd ask that you keep this to CP and off of any other forms of social media...feel free to PM me here if you want to chat.

Sunday overnight, I had the worst coughing fit of my life. Damn near puked on several occasions. Woke up with a tight chest, a pounding headache, body aches and a temperature that was all over the map. Reached 101.7 at one point, as as low as 96.5 at another.

Called the hotline and met the criteria to test - but only because I was recently in California. Was told that the symptoms alone were not enough to warrant a test. Earliest they could get me in to test was today. Symptoms have not lessened, and the body aches have gotten worse. Was told that rest and hydration was really all I could do at this point, and that treatment would be the same even if I test positive. Only way they'll admit me is if my breathing becomes more labored.

Literally have zero energy. It takes a massive amount of effort just to get to the bathroom. Shit, it's taken me like 10 minutes to type this out. If I don't have CV, I'd love to know WTF it is, because it's unlike anything I've ever had before.

OTW15
Oh man. Sounds like it. Hydrate like no one’s business.

And stay the **** away from me!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:21 PM   #11286
Supporter

Anyone in Los Angeles looking for propane, feel free to PM me because there's a service available that will deliver tanks to your home, whether for purchase or exchange. Previously, they delivered to restaurants only but now they're all closed, this company has pivoted towards home deliveries.

I put in text at 10 am this morning and had four exchanged today for $22 dollar each, which is approximately the same price as CVS, Home Depot, etc. but without the hassle, around 1:45 pm.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:22 PM   #11287
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Wow that is really extreme and stupid if they are cutting off power and water to “non-essential” businesses.

Even if closed there are still power needs... security systems, climate control, etc.
Not to mention looting of said businesses.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:22 PM   #11288
New and Improved

Quote:
I don't know but Garcetti just ordered the water and power to be shut off for "non-essential businesses".

He's really getting after it.
That's going to take a lot of manpower and time.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:26 PM   #11289
Veteran

PA has a decent chance of the "Travel Ban" coming Saturday. It's near impossible to enforce though, but hopefully scare some of these idiots from spreading. first cases in my county popped up today. Presumed positive quarantine for them.

Don't really care about me, but there's some family members that are done for if it gets them.
Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:27 PM   #11290
Life is changing..

Quote:

OTW15
Best of wishes to you. Please let us know how you're doing and feel better soon!
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:27 PM   #11291
My Mamma Says

Quote:

OTW15
Get well soon.. PrayerS sent to you and your family...
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:29 PM   #11292
Kind of a mod

Quote:

OTW15
Hang in there man. If there's a silver lining, it's that after this you'll be able to interact with people without fear. I'd almost trade you.

Perhaps rewatching the Super Bowl would help with the energy...
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:36 PM   #11293
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Holy shit, Dude!

I hope you feel better soon but make sure you go to the ER asap if this continues over night. Also, take Tylenol or Motrin and use a humidifier.

Load up on vitamins, especially Vitamin C and Zinc and please keep us posted!
No Motrin. It's the same as advil or ibuprofen and it's been spefically recommended to NOT take it. You should probably delete that part of your message.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:38 PM   #11294
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

OTW15
Fight on, hoss. Feel better.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:38 PM   #11295
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
No Motrin. It's the same as advil or ibuprofen and it's been spefically recommended to NOT take it.
That's a false myth spread on the internet, which apparently came from France during the early days of the virus.

Motrin/Ibuprofen is completely safe to take if you have or think you have the virus.

Here's a link:

https://www.sciencealert.com/who-rec...id-19-symptoms