Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:59 PM   #121
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
At some point the Chiefs are going to want young cheap talent to offset the big contracts.
Its a dance, and Bart Veach is awesome at it.

We have lots of contributors on rookie deals. OBJ, Hardman, Gay, Sneed, Nandi, Wharton, Dana, Niang, Allegretti.

Then you sprinkle in some Vets on one year deals, Reed, Remmers, Sorenson, Robinson, Blythe, Taco, etc.

I think the ability to sign players to one year deals is as important as it is to hit on your draft picks. I'll pay dudes like DRob, Sorenson, and Breeland (I would sign him again) to one year deals as long as I can.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:00 PM   #122
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricks View Post
Count me in!

I gladly take Jones. He is worth it.
$15 million for 8 or 9 games of production is certainly not worth it.

This isn't 2012.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:08 PM   #123
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
We would need to find 5M in space and money for our draft class...

He'd have to agree to restructure in order to make the trade happen.

No way we give him $15m/per. Hill is getting, what, I don't remember if his base salary for '21 was like $18 5m or if that was his Dead cap hit after he declined to restructure, but...that would be more than $30m against 2021's cap for 2 WRs.

Can't do it, homie.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:24 PM   #124
Veteran

Id prefer to shove it up Antoine Winfields and old ass Tom Bradys ass in embarassing fashion next year if we see them in the SB. Maybe Julio is rejuvenated playing in this offense and not having to be THE GUY for his team and taking a pounding. Its a gamble I would take ten times out of ten.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:25 PM   #125
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
He'd have to agree to restructure in order to make the trade happen.

No way we give him $15m/per. Hill is getting, what, I don't remember if his base salary for '21 was like $18 5m or if that was his Dead cap hit after he declined to restructure, but...that would be more than $30m against 2021's cap for 2 WRs.

Can't do it, homie.
The $11.5 mil in 22 and 23 would be pretty easy to handle, especially with only 2 mil. being guaranteed, but yeah that $15 mil. this year is a bit steep for us. Don't see anyway that trade happens, nor should it probably. Time to get younger at WR and grab a playmaker in the 2nd if one is there that fits.

But this ridiculousness of comparing Watkins and Mecole to Julio needs to stop. They don't even deserve to shine the shoes of the future HOFer.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:31 PM   #126
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
At some point the Chiefs are going to want young cheap talent to offset the big contracts.
and I think the sooner we start working that way the better.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:31 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
The $11.5 mil in 22 and 23 would be pretty easy to handle, especially with only 2 mil. being guaranteed, but yeah that $15 mil. this year is a bit steep for us. Don't see anyway that trade happens, nor should it probably. Time to get younger at WR and grab a playmaker in the 2nd if one is there that fits.

But this ridiculousness of comparing Watkins and Mecole to Julio needs to stop. They don't even deserve to shine the shoes of the future HOFer.
Not arguing, genuinely curious - wouldn't Mathieu's extension create more than enough room, factoring in our current space + new space - draft class?

EDIT: I did the math.

Looks like the extension could create $10M in cap space for 2021, + the current cap space of $9,894,349, - Rookie pool requirement of $5,705,097 = $14,189,252

So no, just HB's extension alone would not get it done. There would have to be other adjustments made elsewhere prior to it becoming official on 6/2/2021. Kelce and Jones restructures would be candidates.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 02:42 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:43 PM   #128
**** That Noise

Do they need a guard? Send them the Dr.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-26-2021, 02:45 PM   #129
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Not arguing, genuinely curious - wouldn't Mathieu's extension create more than enough room, factoring in our current space + new space - draft class?

Looks like the extension could create $10M in cap space for 2021, + the current cap space of $9,894,349, - Rookie pool requirement of $5,705,097 = $14,189,252

So no, just HB's extension alone would not get it done. There would have to be other adjustments made elsewhere prior to it becoming official on 6/2/2021. Kelce and Jones restructures would be candidates.
Julio Jones would have to agree to restructure and take SIGNIFICANTLY less money to make it happen.

How badly does he want a ring?

Is he looking for one last big payday? Or does he want to cement that HOF career with a SB to make the case of him being one of best all time at his position?
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:47 PM   #130
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
Do they need a guard? Send them the Dr.
I doubt the Good Canadian Doc will agree to it.

He'd probably retire and go back to Canada with his medical bag and make over $100k/per over going to shithole Atlanta with their shithole franchise.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:50 PM   #131
MVP

alright, I know I said that OBJ was NOT going to happen, and I was wrong.

Julio Jones ain't gonna happen.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:50 PM
Chris Meck
This message has been deleted by Chris Meck.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:50 PM   #132
MVP

Quote:

Not too mention you always wanna leave yourself a little wiggle room and Veach normally does for a late season FA pick up (if one becomes available he wants).

Just too many reasons not to do a trade for Julio, as fun as it might be to see him catching passes from Mahomes.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:55 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Julio Jones would have to agree to restructure and take SIGNIFICANTLY less money to make it happen.

How badly does he want a ring?

Is he looking for one last big payday? Or does he want to cement that HOF career with a SB to make the case of him being one of best all time at his position?
Yeah, on that front - I'm sure if he were willing to restructure, the conversation around the trade wouldn't be happening since he'd just do the Falcons a solid.

I think he's holding firm, which might end up with him going to someone from the list below:

Teams who currently have more than $15M in effective cap space
Jaguars
$29,352,043
Broncos
$22,447,102
Jets
$15,478,713
Bengals
$16,953,417
Colts
$19,777,333
Lions
$16,924,950
Browns
$17,944,454
Chargers
$16,649,870
Old 04-26-2021, 02:58 PM   #134
MVP

You dissing Hill.
Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:03 PM   #135
MVP

Quote:
Yeah, on that front - I'm sure if he were willing to restructure, the conversation around the trade wouldn't be happening since he'd just do the Falcons a solid.

I think he's holding firm, which might end up with him going to someone from the list below:

Teams who currently have more than $15M in effective cap space
Jaguars
$29,352,043
Broncos
$22,447,102
Jets
$15,478,713
Bengals
$16,953,417
Colts
$19,777,333
Lions
$16,924,950
Browns
$17,944,454
Chargers
$16,649,870
Jags and Browns have money, picks, and a star QB.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.