Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2021, 11:23 AM   #2
Admitted Planet Junky

The Colts and the Chiefs have similarities.
What were the colts after Unitas until Manning? About the same as the Chiefs were after Dawson until Mahomes?
Both teams were from dissolved Dallas Texans teams.

Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:28 AM   #3
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
What were the colts after Unitas until Manning? About the same as the Chiefs were after Dawson until Mahomes?

KEEP ****ING DOUBTING BERT JONES
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:36 AM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post

How dare you leave out the Jeff George era
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:27 AM   #5
In Search of a Life

I don't think his Achilles was a complete tear, and Veach was stating a mid-August return. If his Achilles holds, this would be a good pickup. If fish was healthy and we cut him he would have garnered much more than $9.5 mil on the open market. I wish nothing but the best for Fish, he loved the Chiefs, despite many fans despising him for a draft class he had no control over. I hope he is successful at Indy and we beat them in the playoffs...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:31 AM   #6
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
I don't think his Achilles was a complete tear, and Veach was stating a mid-August return. If his Achilles holds, this would be a good pickup. If fish was healthy and we cut him he would have garnered much more than $9.5 mil on the open market. I wish nothing but the best for Fish, he loved the Chiefs, despite many fans despising him for a draft class he had no control over. I hope he is successful at Indy and we beat them in the playoffs...
The problem is that Veach said he could "participate" by August.

That could mean anything from full pads to sitting on a stationary bike watching other people practice.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:07 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The problem is that Veach said he could "participate" by August.

That could mean anything from full pads to sitting on a stationary bike watching other people practice.
Yep, but I'm sure the Colts medical team checked him out and they think he will be ready sooner rather than later. Mid Aug. will be nearly 7 months. I don't think they would pay him 9.5 mil if they didn't think he would be ready. JMO
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:25 AM   #8
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Fish blew his ACL in January. Regardless if partial or complete tear, he won't be back until October. It might even be close to Halloween.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:53 AM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Fish blew his ACL in January. Regardless if partial or complete tear, he won't be back until October. It might even be close to Halloween.
Achilles tendon.

Which is worse than an ACL in many respects.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:55 AM   #10
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Achilles tendon.

Which is worse than an ACL in many respects.
Oh, shit. Did I say possible October return?

I meant "day-to-day".
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2021, 09:45 AM   #11
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Oh, shit. Did I say possible October return?

I meant "day-to-day".
My God, man. It's an achilles, not a haglund. It's not a death sentence!
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:35 AM   #12
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It is different for a partial tear... This article is from 2012 and procedures have improved since then...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...023-story.html

Quote:
But even the Hall of Fame former Miami Dolphins quarterback was stunned when he saw Terrell Suggs play Sunday against the Houston Texans — just five months after the Ravens outside linebacker underwent surgery on his right Achilles tendon.

Because of recent advancements in medicine and rehabilitation, the number of NFL players who return is growing. Suggs' comeback is slightly different in that he only partially tore his Achilles tendon in April. That distinction — while seemingly minor — is a significant one according to Marino, whose right calf did not recover completely from atrophy suffered after his surgery.
If he signed a 2 year deal, I would say a later return would be likely, but it's a one year deal for $9.5 million. I'm guessing the Colts MD's know a partial tear is a quicker return, most likely Aug. Sept.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:37 AM   #13
World's Best Boss

Comparing Ballard to Carl Peterson is pretty on point thus far in Ballard's career (though I think Ballard has drafted in the later rounds marginally better. Carl was awful in the later rounds).

Andrew Luck has been 100% on his messaging that he was done since 2019. He has never wavered or gone full Rodgers with mixed messaging. The dude has been 100% on saying "he's done" since he left. Anytime there's been chatter he (or his Dad) either contact Irsay or message the media the same thing. Ballard gets a pass for 2019, but beyond that? Eh. Trading for Rivers (Bono) was an ultimate Peterson move. Trading for Wentz (Grbac/Green) is the ultimate Peterson move.

But, if you're going to revive Wentz career, you have to be able to give him an ironclad offensive line after the yips he's had the past two years, Reich has even alluded to this. You can't go cheap or rely on a bandaid by signing people for their past value here, which Peterson did throughout his time here, too (ignoring the defense or trying to band-aid it with washed up vets before 2003, going bargain bin on a QB and kicker for the 1995 season, going full Oakland with desperation signings in 98', etc). These band-aids never feel significant until they do, a mistake made by Carl over and over again.

Sure, Eric Fisher was the definition of solid in 2019-2020, but he's always struggled with bull rushers and now you're hopeful he can get back to that "solid" form before a serious achilles injury on the wrong side of 30. What could Ballard have done differently? Well, quite a lot, as we've proven this offseason (with arguably far less of a need to do so with Patrick at QB). KC also could have hoped that Fish could rehab for our line, in fact, I think the NFL expected it and we would have crossed our fingers, too, but hot damn if we didn't go out, roll the dice, and get the best possible option at that position.

It's just amazing to see the difference in our franchise now (one of the most proactive in the game) compared to read and react one I grew up with.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 05-10-2021 at 12:34 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:46 AM   #14
Curmudgeon

Does this take the dead money for Fisher off our books?
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:47 AM   #15
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Does this take the dead money for Fisher off our books?
No I don't think so.