Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2019, 07:09 PM  
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

The Boys (Amazon)

This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] fuck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-08-2022, 09:34 AM   #316
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
I know there were things that happened in the finale, but I also feel they are back at square one. If they plan to have 2 more seasons, I don't know how they will fill so much.
It was definitely not the ending I expected. I’m not going to go and complain that the writers are being woke, but I could do without all of the politics that they are increasingly adding into the show. It seems like they are going out of their way to add all of these political references when it does nothing but detract from the show.

Last edited by Spott; 07-08-2022 at 12:12 PM..
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 10:09 AM   #317
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
It was definitely not the ending I expected. I’m not going to go and complain that the writers are being woke, but I could do without all of the politics that they are they are increasingly adding into the show. It seems like they are going out of their way to add all of these political references when it does nothing but detract from the show.
The writers are definitely woke. Everything from the episode descriptor (stop starlight from drinking children's adrenaline!), to the final scene which was
Spoiler!
. The show is at its best delving into the cynicism of superheroes in a capitalistic world, but this season was extra extra with its on the nose 2020s political references that won't make a lick of sense a few years from now. It's a damn shame because there are some great characters here, a great setting, and they are diminishing the legacy with each cheap shot.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 11:34 AM   #318
MVP

Quote:
The writers are definitely woke. Everything from the episode descriptor (stop starlight from drinking children's adrenaline!), to the final scene which was
Spoiler!
. The show is at its best delving into the cynicism of superheroes in a capitalistic world, but this season was extra extra with its on the nose 2020s political references that won't make a lick of sense a few years from now. It's a damn shame because there are some great characters here, a great setting, and they are diminishing the legacy with each cheap shot.
It's literally the point of the comics.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:57 AM   #319
Court Jester

Quote:
Spoiler!
It definitely doesn’t add any value. It’s more of just an annoying irrelevant side story in an otherwise great show.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:08 PM   #320
Veteran

I had never heard of this until today, when one of my coworkers brought it up... how have I missed this for so long?!?!
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-08-2022, 01:34 PM   #321
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
I know there were things that happened in the finale, but I also feel they are back at square one. If they plan to have 2 more seasons, I don't know how they will fill so much.
It will be an enemy of my enemy is my friend, Vought has an upgraded Homelander on Ice for there World Order.

The Boys, HL and his kid will join forces.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:03 PM   #322
In Search of a Life

Love the show, but that ending with Homelander was ridiculously on the nose.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:38 AM   #323
sorta mod-ish

I was very "whelmed" with the finale. Didn't hate it, but it didn't blow me away. Not sure what I was expecting, but it just didn't feel like it lived up to what I was expecting, if that makes sense?

I'll say Anthony Starr did a pretty great job playing Homelander this season. And goodness Maeve and Kimiko are just hot af.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:41 AM   #324
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I was very "whelmed" with the finale. Didn't hate it, but it didn't blow me away. Not sure what I was expecting, but it just didn't feel like it lived up to what I was expecting, if that makes sense?

I'll say Anthony Starr did a pretty great job playing Homelander this season. And goodness Maeve and Kimiko are just hot af.
Antony Starr is amazing. I need to go back and watch Banshee. He's apparently awesome in that.

Spoiler!
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 08:43 AM   #325
sorta mod-ish

Yeah, giving Banshee another go is a good idea. I made it through a season+ before it fell off the radar for no good reason.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2022, 10:54 AM   #326
In Search of a Life

Kind of hard for the finale to live up to the 2 episodes before it. Those were 2 of the best episodes in the entire series.

I thought it was a good finale though.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2022, 12:53 PM   #327
MVP

Banshee 1-3 were terrific. Just pretend season 4 doesn't exist. It was bad.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:44 PM   #328
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Here's another, from previous season. . .

So I get he's satirizing Dubya's bravado, but if you accept the implications of the satire as written, given that Homelander explicitly and directly downed the airliner himself . . . then you've signed onto more crazy than any of the 9/11 was an inside job folks. . . . But you do you folks.
I think we can all look back and see the evidence to go into Iraq was fabricated to fit the agenda. Not a left or right take - I voted for Dubya twice. You can say they were dead wrong or methodical liars - that's for you to judge.

The question isn't do these things sometimes happen because they do. We all know they do. Propaganda happens. The question is how much or how far does government really fabricate or play a hand to manipulate? Do they embellish the truth or go full Alex Jones and serve interdimensional lizard NAMBLA's for the galactic council? I can see why people believe almost any position in the full spectrum of that argument. Well, most positions.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:47 PM   #329
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Yeah kind of a weird episode to end on. Felt like they were too neat with how the soldier boy shit "ended" and nothing was really advanced. Just seemed like an episode to reinforce what will be at stake season 4.

Spoiler!

Last edited by -King-; 07-09-2022 at 09:55 PM..
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 06:06 PM   #330
Supporter

Spinoff time

https://collider.com/the-boys-spinof...ipke-comments/
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.