Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2018, 07:29 PM  
Shaken. Not stirred.

Shared fences and other property issues

I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.

Last edited by 007; 05-18-2018 at 10:47 PM..
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:11 PM   #241
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Ok. But assholeish.
Let your fire pit light then on fire.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:18 PM   #242
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Let your fire pit light then on fire.
Yup...
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #243
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Ok. But assholeish.
Simple solution. Just uproot the trees you put in and use them elsewhere. The trees your neighbor put in looks like they'll eventually be a better barrier. You'll also have more yard/space for your fire pit.

Can your trees be used past the shed?
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:31 PM   #244
It was not a fair catch

no. My property line is the difference in grass color between my pit and the garden. Not far right than the last tree.
I just wanted a view.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:33 PM   #245
Wasted away again...

I'm not sure what is different other than 4 new trees on your property? And what is Arbor Vite?
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:39 PM   #246
MVP

I wouldn't worry about it. Just cut it back what hangs on your side.
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:46 PM   #247
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
I'm not sure what is different other than 4 new trees on your property? And what is Arbor Vite?
Arborvitae is the species of tree (the "evergreen" trees). He planted the four trees, and his neighbor planted the row of evergreens only a few feet away.

I think I'd just pull up the four new trees, consider it a victory, and let your neighbor deal with the maintenance.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:02 PM   #248
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Arborvitae is the species of tree (the "evergreen" trees). He planted the four trees, and his neighbor planted the row of evergreens only a few feet away.

I think I'd just pull up the four new trees, consider it a victory, and let your neighbor deal with the maintenance.
Ahhh, I get it. I thought the greener trees in that pic were the same ones as these from June last year. I see what he did now.

Quote:
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:38 PM   #249
Banned

Quote:
Ok. But assholeish.
What's his wife look like?
candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:10 PM   #250
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
What's his wife look like?
worse than the trees

arborvitae-yeah, that's it. Stress kills brain cells
Old 05-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #251
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post

Yeah those things grow tall and fast. They will stunt and choke sunlight from those deciduous trees. What I have found is its hard to grow grass under and if you trim up from ground high it still kills grass because of acidity in soil.

They do make good natural sound barriers and windbreaks. DOTs used to plant along the right of way adjacent to housing additions to deaden noise. They would do damage to the Right of way fencing when hey died and fell so now they just build sound walls.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:39 AM   #252
MVP

Bamboo is a great plant to introduce to unliked neighbor's property line, just dig a trench and install barrier on your side of property line.

I prefer Moso Bamboo for THAT SPECIAL neighbor.
It can grow to a height of 25 feet in a little more than three weeks.

And it grows like a weed!!!!!

Last edited by cooper barrett; 05-11-2020 at 11:52 AM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:25 AM   #253
It was not a fair catch

Neighbor at it again. He started renting out his RV and has been parking it in the street to be picked up. To maintain it, wash it, show it and exchange it-he is on my yard. Hours at a time-twice a weekend. Also doing the same thing when he loads and unloads his drag race camaro.

I want to tell him he can't be on my yard all the time. Wife says leave it alone.

I say he will keep taking and taking if we do not say something. I don't want him dumping anything on my yard and killing my grass. He has already left oil and grease on the curb and road.

There is no sidewalk. To me-right of way rules do not apply to trespassing. And I cannot plant anything or put up a fence.

Option 2-say nothing and just turn on the sprinklers.

Option 3-Call the city for more code violations. He is up to 4. I've tried to be nice. But I say follow the ****ing rules
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 0_4_2020-08-03_12-22-07.bmp (675.1 KB, 235 views)
Old 08-05-2020, 07:44 AM   #254
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Neighbor at it again. He started renting out his RV and has been parking it in the street to be picked up. To maintain it, wash it, show it and exchange it-he is on my yard. Hours at a time-twice a weekend. Also doing the same thing when he loads and unloads his drag race camaro.

I want to tell him he can't be on my yard all the time. Wife says leave it alone.

I say he will keep taking and taking if we do not say something. I don't want him dumping anything on my yard and killing my grass. He has already left oil and grease on the curb and road.

There is no sidewalk. To me-right of way rules do not apply to trespassing. And I cannot plant anything or put up a fence.

Option 2-say nothing and just turn on the sprinklers.

Option 3-Call the city for more code violations. He is up to 4. I've tried to be nice. But I say follow the ****ing rules
Option 2 works.

Another option would be what I do, and (if you can predict when it'll happen) park something, anything, right where he'd park the trailer. Dare hime to move it. Even just a "children at play" thing.

Or, when he does it, park your cars in front of his house. He should be able to take the hint.

But I do like the sprinkler idea. You know, since the relationship is trash anyway...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:24 AM   #255
Supporter

I'm going to be honest.

Unless the guy is a prick and you have a reason to dislike him, I'm not exactly certain why this pisses you off. Just be nice to them Walt Kowalski.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.