Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 09:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?

Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-25-2024 at 06:21 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2024, 04:25 PM   #181
the one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Xavier Worthy
Please no...Jon Ross 2.0
icepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:36 PM   #182
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan View Post
Maybe I’m missing something, but why would we care how he might have done against bottom-feeders?

Impress me by doing great against the best competition possible.

I have no dog in this fight, but using that argument seems strange to me.
I am pointing out the McConkey missed the first 4 games last year, which included the 3 easiest teams on their schedule. When you are comparing productivity, like Womble, with someone who played the whole season and played against 3 easy teams, you aren't comparing apples to apples. Actually, McConkey's production was against the better teams on their schedule.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2024, 06:05 PM   #183
Starter

Guyton - OT - Oklahoma
ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 06:46 PM   #184
In Mahomes I trust!

Brian Thomas Jr. Trade up to 16 with the Seahawks and GET HIM!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 06:48 PM   #185
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick View Post
The Chiefs should make an effort to draft Adonai Mitchell...

https://youtu.be/I9PPe1KiHw4?si=WdqlJbEFAPGeOS-J
That's my pick also.
TEX has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 08:06 PM   #186
Supporter

With McConkey, you're getting a guy who's ready and able to contribute now, instantly carving out a role but the ceiling is low due to physical limitations (at least in comparison to Leggette who's just as fast and explosive from a testing standpoint despite being 35-40lbs heavier).

Some people throw Garrett Wilson's name in there as a comp for McConkey based purely on measurables but he is nowhere near as dynamic as Wilson with the ball in his hands nor as acrobatic when the ball is in the air. To me, McConkey is a faster version of Hunter Renfrow which isn't a bad thing to be honest.

With Leggette, you're adding a kid who definitely needs some work on the subtleties of the position but offers you a rare profile to work with and near limitless upside. It might take him a bit longer to get up to speed but when it all comes together for him, I believe you'd have a guy capable of absolutely taking over games.

So, in the end, I think it boils down to the team, their scheme, the urgency of their need at wr, and how patient they feel they can be with the kid's development in year one. If you need to plug a guy in NOW then McConkey's your choice. But if you feel you have a WR corps in place that allows you the time to cultivate a rookie's potential then you're taking Leggette.

In my opinion, Leggette simply offers a skillset/physical profile combination that the Chiefs don't currently have in their WR room. Not to mention Leggette's film pops a lot more than McConkey's in my opinion. Those two factors give Leggette the edge in my eyes.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited by SAGA45; 04-21-2024 at 08:16 PM..
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 11:04 PM   #187
In Search of a Life

I would be happy with either one so I have no DITF either. But it's not particularly fair to judge McConkey's numbers in comparison with other WR. Georgia's offense runs through it's run game and it's TE. It's that way be design. Georgia is also usually leading in the second half of games and often leading by a bunch so it's not like their QB is dropping back 50 times a game.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:56 AM   #188
Veteran

I'm sold on AD Mitchell even if it costs some compensation in picks to jump Buffalo; I've given up on the Brian Thomas Jr dream, but AD would be a great backup plan
Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.
Old 04-22-2024, 04:30 AM   #189
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
With McConkey, you're getting a guy who's ready and able to contribute now, instantly carving out a role but the ceiling is low due to physical limitations (at least in comparison to Leggette who's just as fast and explosive from a testing standpoint despite being 35-40lbs heavier).

Some people throw Garrett Wilson's name in there as a comp for McConkey based purely on measurables but he is nowhere near as dynamic as Wilson with the ball in his hands nor as acrobatic when the ball is in the air. To me, McConkey is a faster version of Hunter Renfrow which isn't a bad thing to be honest.

With Leggette, you're adding a kid who definitely needs some work on the subtleties of the position but offers you a rare profile to work with and near limitless upside. It might take him a bit longer to get up to speed but when it all comes together for him, I believe you'd have a guy capable of absolutely taking over games.

So, in the end, I think it boils down to the team, their scheme, the urgency of their need at wr, and how patient they feel they can be with the kid's development in year one. If you need to plug a guy in NOW then McConkey's your choice. But if you feel you have a WR corps in place that allows you the time to cultivate a rookie's potential then you're taking Leggette.

In my opinion, Leggette simply offers a skillset/physical profile combination that the Chiefs don't currently have in their WR room. Not to mention Leggette's film pops a lot more than McConkey's in my opinion. Those two factors give Leggette the edge in my eyes.

Just my $0.02.
Couldn’t you wait for leggette? Seems like a reach at 32 , might not make it to 64 but could trade up in the second and go BPA at 32 ?
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:04 AM   #190

I had a dream last night that the Chiefs first 4 picks were WRs. Somehow we ended up with 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, and went Adonai Mitchell, Xavier Worthy, Xavier Legette, and somebody else. (Dream might have just turned into drafting guys named Xavier.)

Anyway, this dream pretty much cements for me the player I was most impressed with just watching some highlights via my amateur eye. Chiefs will draft WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 07:20 AM   #191
The man you could post like.

Chiefs need to find a way up the board for a LT, even if it's an unfair trade. Humphrey and Smith are both due contracts in 2025 and the Chiefs may not pay either one with how the IOL market got inflated, I'm assuming they want out from under Thuney sooner rather than later, and we currently don't even have a legitimate option at LT on roster. Stopgapping LT again would mean we're potentially looking at having to replace 3, if not 4, OL spots in 2025.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:37 AM   #192
Andy Reid Supporter

The latest…

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:46 AM   #193
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Chiefs need to find a way up the board for a LT, even if it's an unfair trade. Humphrey and Smith are both due contracts in 2025 and the Chiefs may not pay either one with how the IOL market got inflated, I'm assuming they want out from under Thuney sooner rather than later, and we currently don't even have a legitimate option at LT on roster. Stopgapping LT again would mean we're potentially looking at having to replace 3, if not 4, OL spots in 2025.
As much as I want one of the potential stud wideouts in round 1.......this is the way.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 07:51 AM   #194
Starter

Some apparently can't fathom a white WR breaking ankles and flattening tires. LM did against good competition.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 07:57 AM   #195
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
As much as I want one of the potential stud wideouts in round 1.......this is the way.
I think this is the way to go. Take care of LT (will lilkely cost you #2), the get someone like Devontez Walker, Jalen MciMillan in the 3rd, and maybe an Anthony Gould in the 5th. Don't sleep on Nikko!!
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.