Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2022, 01:17 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Trevor Bauer suspended 324 games

The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:20 AM   #106
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
l

The weird thing is that Bauer was treated as the most rotten piece of subhuman shit to walk the earth while Urias just...disappeared. The Dodgers had no problem vilifying Bauer but they just quietly non-personed Urias.
This was the point I was less eloquently trying to make.

Quote:

I have some thoughts on that but I don't suppose this is the right board for those comments...
(Whispers: Steven Wright is the only comp I can think of)

Last edited by Chiefspants; 10-03-2023 at 09:26 AM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:21 AM   #107
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Yea basically Bauer agreed that she would delete all of her tweets regarding him, her or the Athletic wouldn't talk about him and would purge all of that stuff..

She's also no longer an Athletic employee.
I feel like Molly got off easy, in that case.

But I also understand if Bauer wanted to prioritize an attempt to return to the majors over flaying The Athletic Gawker style.

Hopefully the damage has been done and effectively blackballs Molly from baseball, but I’m skeptical.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 10-03-2023 at 09:34 AM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 09:23 AM   #108
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
This was the point I was less eloquently trying to make.
The issue is before anything happened, no one was aware of Urias other than he's a pitcher on the Dodgers.

People have thought Bauer was an asshole for quite a long time, including teammates. The commissioner openly hates him and he would do things to needle the commissioner.

Bauer was made an example of by a commish with a thin skin.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:46 AM   #109
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
The issue is before anything happened, no one was aware of Urias other than he's a pitcher on the Dodgers.

People have thought Bauer was an asshole for quite a long time, including teammates. The commissioner openly hates him and he would do things to needle the commissioner.

Bauer was made an example of by a commish with a thin skin.
But this is the SECOND time it's happened with Urias.

If you'll recall, he was suspended for (I think) half a season for a previous DV incident that happened in front of teammates.

No, people knew Urias was a bit of a dirtbag before this.

And it's not just the commissioner, the 'commentariat' class has largely ignored Urias while absolutely barbecuing Bauer.

Just can't help but wonder what the distinction may be...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:48 AM   #110
Starter

Quote:
I believe he still got paid.

At this point he's probably best served to keep his head down. Shit, the pitching market is AWFUL. He should see if there's a 1-year deal to be had out there somewhere.
As an Angels fan, I would welcome him with open arms. It can't get much worse for this franchise and we'll be losing Ohtani.
LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:50 AM   #111
Hockey Town

Quote:
But this is the SECOND time it's happened with Urias.

If you'll recall, he was suspended for (I think) half a season for a previous DV incident that happened in front of teammates.

No, people knew Urias was a bit of a dirtbag before this.

And it's not just the commissioner, the 'commentariat' class has largely ignored Urias while absolutely barbecuing Bauer.

Just can't help but wonder what the distinction may be...
I think it also played in that the Dodgers were all in on the idea they could get out of Bauers contract.

Bauer has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way and they tried to basically destroy him when given the chance because "**** that guy"
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 09:55 AM   #112
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
I think it also played in that the Dodgers were all in on the idea they could get out of Bauers contract.

Bauer has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way and they tried to basically destroy him when given the chance because "**** that guy"
Yeah, that's a great point.

He wasn't great his first year there, IIRC, and there were clubhouse issues. They were on the hook for another $80 million (IIRC; his deal was a bit backloaded I think) so they tried to flambé him to get out from under the deal.

At that point savaging their own was in their best interests.

With Urias, he was gone so what is the point in beating up your brand by pointing out that you retained him after his first DV suspension (and defended him loudly) only to have him repeat the act.

It's pure self-interest on the Dodgers part.

Still not sure that speaks to the rest of the media/fan hatred, but it would explain the Dodgers difference in approach.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:21 AM   #113
World's Best Boss

Quote:
There it is. The sole explanation of “well he’s a dick” wasn’t telling the full story for me.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:23 AM   #114
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
There it is. The sole explanation of “well he’s a dick” wasn’t telling the full story for me.
He's a dick is basically all they had to say to get fans to buy in.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:30 AM   #115
World's Best Boss

Quote:
He's a dick is basically all they had to say to get fans to buy in.
Sticking with Urias after mis-step 1 and dealing with the fan pushback (they were raked over the coals over this in the usual social media haunts) made me think there was another factor at play. You nailed what it was with the contract.
Old 10-03-2023, 04:15 PM   #116
I'll **** anything that moves!

I am in no way at all a Trevor Bauer apologist, but this whole story from day one absolutely stunk to high heaven.

This woman should be getting an earful from every woman who has ever suffered through abuse, along with any organization representing victim's rights.

I have so many questions, but off the top of my head, I'd like to know just how she managed to get those bruises and injuries. It is documented that she went to the ER after their liasion and according to reports did in fact have injuries that required treatment. Who did that to her if not Trevor? Did she pull a "Fight Club" and do it herself?

This really is just such a ****ed up situtation. The Dodgers threw him under the bus, his teammates threw him under the bus, and MLB threw him under the bus. All because he's an unlikable dork who got laid? His career is likely over. He'll never get that time back. And he'll never get the money back, or get paid like that ever again.
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:21 PM   #117
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
No, plenty of his teammates absolutely detest the guy. He has a history of bullying random people using his Twitter followers. This isn't a perception thing. He has rubbed endless people the wrong way throughout his career.

My first thought after watching his video was why in the world did MLB go along with this punishment, etc if it were all so obvious. And that's why I'd be extremely reluctant to take the version of events he just put out into the world at face value.
What would you say that you try to do here on Chiefsplanet? The pot calling the kettle black moment realization for you, I hope.

As far as Bauer there is no question he's a shitty guy, but he shouldn't be disciplined for something he didnt do. Justice is important.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 12:21 AM   #118
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

How many vacuum cleaners did he break? To get q sentence like that?
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:12 AM   #119
MVP

"Sportswriting is a step or two above prostitution."

-Bobby Knight
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:45 AM   #120
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
What would you say that you try to do here on Chiefsplanet? The pot calling the kettle black moment realization for you, I hope.
LOL. Yup, it's the same thing to point out your moronic tendencies on an internet message board as it would be if I went out of my way to publish personal information of yours on Twitter and encourage my tens of thousands of followers to harass you.

Nice comparison though otherwise!
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.